Standard drink package

Costa2016

The 'cheaper Standard package' on X's website does not mention that they are included, to wit:

Standard Package

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 45.00 USD Per NIGHT

bon voyage

Sure wish that someone who has had the Standard Package would come on here and let us know what it really includes and excludes, other than the website explanation. We are on a 19 night TP, so no drink packages were included as perks. The Standard pkg will run the 2 of us over $1700, a good size chunk of change for those who don't drink much, but do enjoy the convenience of the package. Anyone tried it? What drinks does it really include?

Hallo, there are 3 drinkpackages on Celebrity: premium, classic and Standard. Included the Standard 44 dollar cappuccino?

Per X's website, No coffees are included.

bon voyage

Since this package is relatively new, I would suspect there are very few CC posters around who would have experienced this package. Many of us would have Classic Package or Premium even on a TA or TP.

Also, one can just book this Standard package, and when or if you find out that what you desire is not included, upgrade just as long as you have at least three (3) days left to sail.

If only one item is greatly desired, it may be more 'economical' to outright pay as you go, then decide if it will be better to upgrade to a minimum of Classic.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
syntax, clarity of thought

We have had the Classic beverage package on our last 3 cruises. Any tea or coffee we wanted was always included. That said, I never saw a $44 coffee so not overly sure what you are referring to.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

There is much confusion about the packages on the eclipse right now...I am aboard. Will post when I have a decent computer. The classic package does NOT include all of the drinks and beers in the standard package. It's crazy....

There is much confusion about the packages on the eclipse right now...I am aboard. Will post when I have a decent computer. The classic package does NOT include all of the drinks and beers in the standard package. It's crazy....

We experienced the same thing on the Eclipse in April. We had the classic package. The menu in the passport bar listed what was included in the standard package but not the classic. We assumed since the standard was cheaper the classic would automatically include. As an example, DH asked for either Amstel or Dos Equis - turns out it is included in standard but not classic. Odd thing is those beers are listed as $7, and the standard is supposed to include beer at $6 and under. Too many packages in my opinion.

This was the first time we did not upgrade to the Premium...and we survived lol!

We experienced the same thing on the Eclipse in April. We had the classic package. The menu in the passport bar listed what was included in the standard package but not the classic. We assumed since the standard was cheaper the classic would automatically include. As an example, DH asked for either Amstel or Dos Equis - turns out it is included in standard but not classic. Odd thing is those beers are listed as $7, and the standard is supposed to include beer at $6 and under. Too many packages in my opinion.

This was the first time we did not upgrade to the Premium...and we survived lol!

Wow, that is weird and counter-intuitive. Maybe this confusion is intended to get everyone to upgrade.

Standard Package

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 45.00 USD Per NIGHT

Are there any wines that are $6 or under? I hear people complain about wine choices on the Classic Pacakge, so what can they possibly offer on this Standard Package?

For that matter how many frozen drinks are $6 or under? I thought all the drinks were more?

The wording on the handout they gave me on board is this:

Standard Package

Choose selected beers and wines; spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks. Plus, enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle, even our prized reserve wine list and rare wine list. $45 per day plus 18% gratuity

Classic Package:

In addition to the select package offerings, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle, even our prized reserve and rare wine list. $55 per day plus 18% gratuity

Premium Package:

In addition to everything from the classic package, enjoy our entire selection of coca-cola products, premium bottled water, specialty coffees, teas and craft & artisan beers as well as spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, enjoy a 20% discount on al wines by the bottle, even our prized reserve and rare wine list. $65 per day plus 18% gratuity

I think their intent was that Classic includes Standard and Premium includes Classic and Standard, despite the fact that they used "Select" when they meant "Standard"

Hallo, there are 3 drinkpackages on Celebrity. Is a cappuccino included in the cheaper Standard package?

Based on what i read, just well drinks, house wines and no access to Al Bacio (no fancy coffee)

Based on what i read, just well drinks, house wines and no access to Al Bacio (no fancy coffee)

Based upon what I read, they've removed or are removing Cafe al Bacio from Classic. That's an outrage if so.

As I've predicted before, the standard pkg will probably soon become the freebie perk causing a cash upgrade to classic or premium.

Steve wrote:

"Based upon what I read, they've removed or are removing Cafe al Bacio from Classic. That's an outrage if so."

Where have you read this? I agree it's a very bad thing if it turns out to be true!

This is the description on the web site that has no mention of premium coffee in the paragraph. But then I further clicked on the classic package PDF where it does say premium coffee included. Guess I just didn't click enough to find it.

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 55.00 USD Per NIGHT

Wow, this is incredibly confusing.

I really don't drink alcohol much at all so I would never buy an alcohol package, but I loved all the non-alcohol options that were in the Classic package we got as a perk last cruise, and we've got that again for next week. If they've messed with it, I would definitely seek to swap it out for a Premium non-alcohol package.

Augh.