Silly food question....

baxley

I noticed that at the Culinary school onboard....they teach you to make Creme Brulee. I was wondering if they ever serve it in the MDR or only at the specialty restaurants? I told you it was silly....:D

Yes, they do serve it in the MDR but I must say it was much tastier in the Pinnacle Grill. I found the Creme Brûlée in the MDR varied in quality - sometimes good but sometimes a little too runny.

I noticed that at the Culinary school onboard....they teach you to make Creme Brulee. I was wondering if they ever serve it in the MDR or only at the specialty restaurants? I told you it was silly....:D

Yes, no, and maybe. Yes they serve it in the MDR and the specialty restaurants. They do teach it in the classes but not all the time/every class or cruise.

Yes, they do serve it in the MDR but I must say it was much tastier in the Pinnacle Grill. I found the Creme Brûlée in the MDR varied in quality - sometimes good but sometimes a little too runny.

I noticed the difference as well and mentioned it to the dining room manager. He told me that the Creme Brulee in the Pinnacle is made from scratch with eggs and cream.... and the MDR is basically a "custard" made from a pudding mix.

I knew it! Creme brûlée is one of the very few desserts I eat and I was really disappointed in the one I had in MDR. Told DD I thought it was a pudding flavoured like custard and dolled up with a sugar crust.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I knew it! Creme brûlée is one of the very few desserts I eat and I was really disappointed in the one I had in MDR. Told DD I thought it was a pudding flavoured like custard and dolled up with a sugar crust.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree. The crème brûlée served in the dining room is totally bland and the texture is not right. It's not worth the calorie intake. The Pinnacle has a much better offering. Delicious, in fact.

Yes, no, and maybe. Yes they serve it in the MDR and the specialty restaurants. They do teach it in the classes but not all the time/every class or cruise.

Answer of the day.

I agree. The crème brûlée served in the dining room is totally bland and the texture is not right. It's not worth the calorie intake. The Pinnacle has a much better offering. Delicious, in fact.

I agree! I do think that most of the MDR desserts are either frozen or from a mix and have been for quite a while.