Quebec hotel recommendation

Pednurse

My 3 friends and I will be debarking from the Norwegian Dawn in Quebec City and our flight home is the next day. We need a recommendation for a hotel. We are senior women and need somewhere safe with transportation to the airport early the next morning. Thanks for any help you can give us.

Hotel Chateau Frontenac is lovely but pricey.

You might try Hotel Grand Times Quebec City Airport is inexpensive and very close to the airport. There is also LHotelQuebec - also really nice and you can get a suite very, very inexpensively.

Quebec is one of those special cities where it is worth spending extra $ for a one night stay. We stayed at the Auberge Saint-Antoine. It isn't cheap, but the if the 3 of you split it is may work out. The location is fantastic in Old Quebec and if by chance the Dawn docks in the prime spots you are across the street from the ship.

If you want a true Quebec City experience, and can afford it, Chateau Frontenac would be my vote.

I would agree, it would be wonderful to stay in the Frontenac, right in the heart of Old Quebec. 4 of you with meals, my guess, not a lot of change from CAD1000 with the taxi to the airport thrown in!!!!!!

We debarked there nearly 2 years ago. We took a taxi to the Best Western Premier Hotel Aristocrate. Not cheap (nor really expensive, cCAD150 a room) but wonderfully comfortable with a very good (slightly expensive for our simple NZ tastes!!) restaurant on site. 3 days later took a taxi to the Airport. Very simple travel on both occasions.

If you wanted to go back into Quebec City having checked in would require a taxi both ways unless the hotel is still running its free shuttle while you are there. We used it one way and caught a bus the other; however that required a 15 minute walk from the bus stop.

One day is not enough to explore Quebec though!!

Mike

I have been on business in Quebec City a few times. I usually stay at the Delta Quebec. I like it.

Delta is a well respected business brand in Canada. A few months ago they became part of Marriot.

The Chateau Frontenac is a very special experience. For one night I would splurge. Plus, you are in the heart of Old Quebec - wonderful shops and restaurants.

Agree! The Frontenac is the one of the best ways to experience Quebec City. Fabulous old style bar with a great view of the St. Lawrence.

Honeymooned at the Frontenac and it's a special place for us:)

1 more vote for the Chateau Frontenac http://www.fairmont.com/frontenac-quebec/?cmpid=google_lcf_search-branded-us_branded-e-revsh&gclid=CNafwtWS7MwCFQmqaQod3YoDPw

Stephen

(I've been to Quebec 20-30 times, stayed at many different places, but for a 1 night - I'd go back to the Chateau. Don't forget to ride the funicular to lower town, it's right outside the Frontenac)

And another vote for the Frontenac! We are lucky that we get to stay at fabulous hotels with DH's work so I am very spoiled (unlike when I'm footing the bill and it's the Hampton Inn lol!) and the Frontenac ranks up their with some of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. So beautiful and charming, great location and the staff is excellent. Splurge!

My sister and BIL are joining me at Quebec on the return leg of my B2B

Boston to Quebec to Boston trip 9/30/2016.

From the Trivago site they selected an economical hotel near the Cruise

Terminal.

The Hotel is Port Royal and what appears to be 2-3 short blocks to the ship.

Was something in the $150 (US) rack rate.

That Trivago website is great but a bit cumbersome to use until you master

how it works and directs you around to the various other hotel sites to get

a quote.

Factor in how you are going to get around arriving by airline or other means.

Note the NCL DAWN overnights at Quebec City for almost two days of

Shore time excursions etc.

Are you on this sailing ?

Look up the Roll Call for this sailing and sign up if this interests you !