Indy family cruise questions

I have loads of questions. My husband and I have cruised a few times but this will be my first taking my 3 kids ages 13, 11, and 7.

1st what is the most in depth everything you need to know about cruising with kids on Independence of the Seas? Something with pictures would be great! Cruising with my 3 kids in December and want to be able to tell them what to expect.

Also I booked adjoining interior rooms. Where does the door between the rooms fit?

How do dining menus work for kids? Do they have a separate menu or do the kids just order off the regular one or go off book and the waiter just brings chicken nuggets if requested?

I am sure I will have more. If there is a better easier to navigate way to find the information I am looking for please advise. =) I am sure I will have loads more questions.

thanks

Syr

We were on the Indy last year with my then 15 and 13 year old niece and nephew, your kids are a bit younger so I'm not so sure about the kids clubs for their age but there will be plenty for them to do.

The Indy is a beautiful ship and we liked he so much we are going back next year with our kids (adults).

As far as the dining room my niece and nephew ordered off of the regular menu but I do think there is a kids menu if you need it.

Anyone can order off either menu...so don't feel shy if there's something n on the kid's menu YOU want!!!

Why on earth would I skip the awesome food on the adult menu. It is very likely my kids will happily eat off the adult menu but having never cruised with my kids I feel like I will miss some information because I feel experienced.

Why on earth would I skip the awesome food on the adult menu. It is very likely my kids will happily eat off the adult menu but having never cruised with my kids I feel like I will miss some information because I feel experienced.

I ordered the kids menu chicken noodle soup on a regular basis if there wasn't a soup on the main menu I cared for.

Their chicken strips are large and filling. I've ordered those on occasion when I didn't feel like having anything else on the menu.

Also the kids desserts are good.

We've never ordered off the kids menu, but sometimes the main menu food isn't so "awesome".....:D

Then you just hit up Sorrentos or the Windjammer?

Why won't you "let" folks order off the kids' menu? My DH loves the banana split on the kids" menu for dessert. :confused: We already have dress code police , chair hog police...do we now have to have "menu police"? :confused:;)

Our first family cruise was on Indy our girls were 13 and 17. The second time we cruised on her our younger daughter aged 14 took her best friend the same age.

It is a brilliant ship for kids of all ages.

Try to encourage the, to go to the kids club, even if they don't like it and don't return at least they've had the opportunity.

We didn't know about the kids menu the first time but found out the second time when sharing a table with a family of 4 with girls also both 14. Just ask for it and your waiter will bring it over. As others have said you can mix and match from both menus.

I've not done interconnecting cabins on Indy but have on Explorer. Great to have two bathrooms, privacy at times and able to watch the kids all the time.

Have fun.

Why won't you "let" folks order off the kids' menu? My DH loves the banana split on the kids" menu for dessert. :confused: We already have dress code police , chair hog police...do we now have to have "menu police"? :confused:;)

No one was policing.

I've not done interconnecting cabins on Indy but have on Explorer. Great to have two bathrooms, privacy at times and able to watch the kids all the time.

Where does the door fit? I think they remove the love seat and replace it with a chair and the door is there but I cannot figure out any other possibility.

How many kids tend to be on boats? This is not a typical school vacation time.

Thanks

Where does the door fit? I think they remove the love seat and replace it with a chair and the door is there but I cannot figure out any other possibility.

How many kids tend to be on boats? This is not a typical school vacation time.

Thanks

There will be at least 3500 passengers, so even with only 5% kids, that's a bunch.

Then you just hit up Sorrentos or the Windjammer?

why are you annoyed at the concept? the portions are smaller for those with gastric bypass surgeries, which is but one reason why someone would choose to order off the kids menu.

let people eat off of whatever menu they want. they paid their fare.

Check out the video arcade area and enjoy as a family! Loads of fun! We're probably a bit long in the tooth now to comment in any reasonable way on kids menus; but historically, we always asked our kids to choose from the adult menu; based on nutritionally value. Have fun!!!

Both of you calm down. Look above I said I would not. I don't care what you would do. I certainly would not police any adult and no child not my own.

Welcoming community? How about benefit of the doubt when reading my tone.