A bunch of baby green herons sitting in their nest:

original.jpg

Cattle egret in flight:

original.jpg

Baby wood storks fighting over a fish, while dad looks on:

original.jpg

Cattle egret with his head gear up:

original.jpg

We had the Liberal Party Convention last weekend. I volunteered and had a great time. I took this picture of Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada while he was speaking to Liberal Party Delegates at the Manitoba Farewell Party at the Hotel Fort Garry, Winnipeg. Right after I took it, I got to shake his hand:

27051869050_dce23c93d5_b.jpgThe Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P., Prime Minister of Canada speaking to Liberal Party Delegates at the Manitoba Farewell Party at the Hotel Fort Garry, Winnipeg. by Stevi D. W., on Flickr

Justin:

After seeing more of your photos, I still could not find too many coins in the sofa - but your shots convinced me - got a used 70mm-300mm FE from B&H at a price I really could not afford - but it was a 9+ rating!

June 10th delivery date!

Last week me wife and I were at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, MX. I had to take a picture of this sign. I thought the English part was nothing more than a typo but after experiencing the terrible service we received at the restaurants I think the sign was a warning. :)

j6lv94.jpg

Justin:

After seeing more of your photos, I still could not find too many coins in the sofa - but your shots convinced me - got a used 70mm-300mm FE from B&H at a price I really could not afford - but it was a 9+ rating!

June 10th delivery date!

It wasn't me spending your money for a change!

If it's any consolation, Justin has cursed me with a need for the FE 70-300 as well.

Still unsure whether to bless or damn him for that but I'm leaning toward bless with the quality of the photos he's pulling from it.

Dave

Justin convinced me to buy the lens for nature photography after looking at his pictures, just do not have the same location, even though live in Florida. Would be nice to have that much wild life here in Ormond Beach. Did get this shot in the backyard. lol

DSC00165_zpsltbmq3hm.jpg

DSC00165A_zpsp2ncltg0.jpg

Tom :cool:

I guess I'm the one dressed in red, standing on your left shoulder...

"you want that FE70-300mm! - Comeon, you don't need to pay that mortgage payment this month...let the kids eat crackers for dinner!"

I picked this sunset shot from a week with dozens of candidates for Picture of the Week because it has a stark, apocalyptic feel that was the exact opposite of how the week really was.

World's End

p2143459630-5.jpg

Dave