EZair airport choice question..

tammymacb

Ok, I'm doing the BI in August of next year. I plan on booking EZair flex. (I can't book until early fall but looking at 2016 options EZair is cheaper than booking on my own.)

Anyhoo..I didn't realize that EZair would limit which airports I could book from. Apparently, as Princess knows where I live, they'll only let me choose "close" airports.

As I live in Charleston, SC, I'm hoping Atlanta and Charlotte will be in my "area" to price and book. CLT is a 3 hour drive (we drive it occasionally, and will be in July to fly direct to STT) and Atlanta is 5 hours (I'd probably book a flight to get to ATL but depending on prices, it may still be the best choice).

Any idea how far away the airports I get to choose from can be?

Yes, if you call Princess, they can manually change your "gateway city" to whichever one you want. We did that when we were doing a stopover at a different city and only needed air from that city to the embarkation port. It was an easy switch, but it can only be done over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you booked through a T.A. ask them to call Princess and change the airports to the ones you want. We have the same issue. You can also have your airport choices changed in your file so the airports you want will always come up.

It is one of the short comings of EZ air. You can't enter any airport you wish. I don't know why they don't change this part of the process, make it just like any other booking site.

Thanks all! That makes me feel better. I'd like to be able to check all of those options plus we have friends flying out of BWI, so I'd like to price flying with them from there. (We could fly up on SW)

Thanks all! That makes me feel better. I'd like to be able to check all of those options plus we have friends flying out of BWI, so I'd like to price flying with them from there. (We could fly up on SW)

You don't need to have Princess do anything to just check fares. Go on the website, find your cruise and click on the Flight Quotes tab. Then enter any airport you like. You will only need to have Princess' help when it comes time to actually make your reservation through your My Princess account.

I also live in Charleston. For the first time, we booked through ezair for our Baltic cruise this July (we usually book independent). Honestly, it didn't even occur to me to check into flying out of CLT or ATL. I just assumed that flying from CHS was the most cost/time effective way, given drive time and parking fees. Maybe I was wrong, especially given that there are 4 of us. That being said, next time I will look into it.

I also live in Charleston. For the first time, we booked through ezair for our Baltic cruise this July (we usually book independent). Honestly, it didn't even occur to me to check into flying out of CLT or ATL. I just assumed that flying from CHS was the most cost/time effective way, given drive time and parking fees. Maybe I was wrong, especially given that there are 4 of us. That being said, next time I will look into it.

It' probably won't be the best choice, but I still want to look. I've seen a few amazing prices here for flying to Europe from ATL on EZair, of course, the price has to be amazing enough for the cost to get me there. And though I'll check CLT, I don't see me wanting to add that 3 hour drive to the international flight.

You don't need to have Princess do anything to just check fares. Go on the website, find your cruise and click on the Flight Quotes tab. Then enter any airport you like. You will only need to have Princess' help when it comes time to actually make your reservation through your My Princess account.

agreed, I change my default all the time.