Jamie's Italian?

The menu for this venue is very limited and not appealing much to me. Please some input from those who have eaten there. Almost no salads and what the heck is lamb chops cooked under a brick? Only picture I've seen is definitely not appetizing, looks dry and overcooked. And what is the price, please? I have a feeling we are going to be doing only CK for dinner on HOTS.

The menu for this venue is very limited and not appealing much to me. Please some input from those who have eaten there. Almost no salads and what the heck is lamb chops cooked under a brick? Only picture I've seen is definitely not appetizing, looks dry and overcooked. And what is the price, please? I have a feeling we are going to be doing only CK for dinner on HOTS.

Actually Jamies was pretty good IMO-not as good as Chops but I recall a salad before my main course- Perhaps it has changed. I took a package for 4 speciality restaurants on the Harmony of the Seas and paid about $100 PP. While the main diningroom is okay- we like the private restaurant experience rather then the banquet catering hall experience. We are also in a suite so our other meals will be in the suite restaurant-

Edited by Cruise a holic

We loved Jamie's when we were on the Anthem. We actually booked another night because we liked the first so much. The planks were great. The pasta was delicious and there was really nothing that we ordered that we did not like.

I was not a fan of Jamie's and I really wanted to like it.

My husband got the Lasagna. It was mainly tomato with cheese. Hard to find any lasagna noodles.

I couldn't decide if I wanted the Chicken Al Mattone or the Aubergine (eggplant) parmigiana, the waiter recommended both and brought both....The chicken was just bad. Very rubbery. The eggplant was very good!

One of my sons got the Spaghetti Vongole (clams)...The waiter did say it was his least favorite, but my son was determined to try it. He said it wasn't bad, just not much flavor...just noodles, clams in water :/

The other son ordered the Tagliatelle Bolognese. He said it was similar to chef boyardee. I actually liked it.

Edited by libertybelle41

Cooking with a brick is a style of cooking. The weight of the brick presses the meat.

Our dinner at Jamie's Italian on Anthem was the best of the cruise. Go VERY hungry.

Totally agree. I even liked it better than Chops. And take that last piece of advice very seriously -- portions are huge.

I had to look back at the menu as I didn't realize it said it was cooked under a brick! I enjoyed Jamie's and went twice.

I ordered the lamb based on waiter recommendation and it occurred to me that I don't really like lamb, so I'm not a good judge!! I do have a photo though:

8b650a8e6e4b8ed84ac45177bcb23f3c.jpg

Although, looking at the menu, I see I didn't get the polenta chips - although they absolutely would have brought them if I asked. I had more than enough food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was OK, but it ended up costing us $75 (2 x $30 + $15 tip) and it wasn't any better than the food in the other restaurants in my opinion. I did like the appetizers we had. I wouldn't say it's bad, I just thought it was overpriced for what it is...

Olive Garden is better :rolleyes:

Tom

I thought it was OK, but it ended up costing us $75 (2 x $30 + $15 tip) and it wasn't any better than the food in the other restaurants in my opinion. I did like the appetizers we had. I wouldn't say it's bad, I just thought it was overpriced for what it is...

Olive Garden is better :rolleyes:

Tom

Sorry for asking, but why tip of it was overpriced?

You don' have to go.

Wow! These comments are almost 50-50 good to great or just OK to bad. I guess we'll try it as we get the BOGO and DH loves rib eye and I like lamb if it's not cooked to death. Just strange to me that the salads and apps are so limited.

Wow! These comments are almost 50-50 good to great or just OK to bad. I guess we'll try it as we get the BOGO and DH loves rib eye and I like lamb if it's not cooked to death. Just strange to me that the salads and apps are so limited.

Jamies Italian on the cruise ship is a cut down version of the actual restaurant in the UK. Also, please don't confuse Jamies Italian for a traditional Italian, otherwise you will be disappointed.

Jamies Italian on the cruise ship is a cut down version of the actual restaurant in the UK. Also, please don't confuse Jamies Italian for a traditional Italian, otherwise you will be disappointed.

Well said but still like it.

Love the fact they make their own pasta, and those giant capers are worth the experience alone for me.

We had lunch twice at Jamie's on Anthem - best meals we had! I loved the space - at lunch it was relaxed, not overcrowded and we had ocean views. The service was excellent. It was a ton of food. The rocket & radicchio salad I had as my side was one of the best salads I've ever had. I loved the penne pomodoro and my husband loved his pasta carbonara. The fruit tart for dessert, with a side of ice cream, was also heavenly. Personally, I can't recommend it enough!

We had lunch twice at Jamie's on Anthem - best meals we had! I loved the space - at lunch it was relaxed, not overcrowded and we had ocean views. The service was excellent. It was a ton of food. The rocket & radicchio salad I had as my side was one of the best salads I've ever had. I loved the penne pomodoro and my husband loved his pasta carbonara. The fruit tart for dessert, with a side of ice cream, was also heavenly. Personally, I can't recommend it enough!

Have to agree - we did lunch as well as we didn't know what to expect - sorry we didn't do dinner as well - one of our best meals

Be careful if DH has his heart set on a ribeye. We pre-booked Jamie's for Quantum last May before she was released, and by the time our Christmas sailing came around, the steak that was on the posted menu online had disappeared once we were actually onboard- apparently, Jamie wasn't pleased with the quality of beef he was receiving so he took it off the menu.

The steak was the whole reason we had booked Jamie's for our family- I don't like Italian myself and really struggled to find something else. The rest of our group did like their meals though, so it was good for the Italian specialties- just didn't have the ribeye, so tell DH to have a back-up in mind.