Hairdryers on Anthem

My wife wanted me to ask: can anyone pls describe the hairdryer on the Anthem. Specifically, does the switch have to be held in the on position while drying your hair? In general, is it a good hairdryer or poor?

Yes - you need to hold down the button. I actually thought it worked surprisingly okay on my fine, shoulder-length hair (but my hair is no prize). Nevertheless, I thought it worked better and faster than I remember Allure or Oasis working. Keeping in mind, my memory may be faulty...

If there is room in your suitcase, she may prefer her own. I personally had zero extra space and was already overweight. I really was fine with what was provided.

I also brought a flat iron to help with styling.

I have thick shoulder length hair. I have never brought my own hair dryer. I have always had good experiences with the ships dryers. Plus it means one less thing to pack and one Jess appliance to vie for the limited electrical outlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I brought my own travel dryer but had no luck with it. The circuit breaker kept popping and had to call to get it reset. After the second time I used theirs. It wasn't too bad. The problem was the refrigerator was on the same breaker as the dryer

I brought my own travel dryer but had no luck with it. The circuit breaker kept popping and had to call to get it reset. After the second time I used theirs. It wasn't too bad. The problem was the refrigerator was on the same breaker as the dryer

One of the tricks we've learned over the years is to use the Euro outlet for high current items like hair dryers, curling irons, hair straigheners. If your appliance is rated up to 240V, all you need is a US to Euro adapter. Note, don't do this if your device is not rated for 240V.

Edited by clarea

One of the tricks we've learned over the years is to use the Euro outlet for high current items like hair dryers, curling irons, hair straigheners. If your appliance is rated up to 240V, all you need is a US to Euro adapter. Note, don't do this if your device is not rated for 240V.

Great tip!!!

Guest maddycat

I bring my travel hair dryer. I haven't had any trouble using the regular US outlet. I find the hair dryers that are provided by RCI to be too heavy.

I've never had a problem with the ship's hairdryers - maybe because I spend a lot of time in hotels so am used to those dryers. Have pretty thick hair, too. If you position the button just right in your hand, it stays down.