Carnival Vista Photo Review May 14-24, 2016

loupana

Thanks so much for the great review. I really appreciate the amount of work that went into posting all these pictures and comments. It is so nice to look at this type of review when passing the time between cruises.

What a great review! Your pictures are fabulous. I have a while before it's my turn. I'm in extended aft Havana cabin 7465. When I look at the deck plans on Carnival's site, they show stairs in the aft end that appear to lead from deck 9 to deck six. On deck 7 seven the would be right by cabins 7450 and 7459. I'm just wondering if they really don't go all the way down to deck 5? Will I have to go back to the elevators to get down to deck five from my cabin? Thanks!

I'm not sure if that stairwell goes to deck 5, hopefully someone else in Havana cabin on deck 6 or 7 can comment

Edited by LouTheGlue

By far my favorite is Quantum, we loved Quantum for the 270 lounge, Music Hall, Solarium, Shows and loved the different dining venues. I don't mind change or different...

Norwegian and Royal win with Entertainment because of the Broadway type shows compared to the playlist productions on Carnival.

Best food for us goes to Celebrity, but Vista would rate higher in fun than Norwegian and Celebrity. We see ourselves maybe trying Princess or Holland America next but Harmony of the Seas and Anthem are also on our list, oh so many to choose from.

We've been looking for a way to maybe bundle a back to back next winter with Princess and Carnival out of Florida.

First of all, thank you for the terrific review and pics! Just read all 14 pages of the thread. May I ask your opinion---DH and I (49) will be traveling with 4 college grads next year after graduation, we can't decide between Vista, RCI Harmony of the Seas or NCL Escape. Out of the 3, what would you recommend for our group?

First of all, thank you for the terrific review and pics! Just read all 14 pages of the thread. May I ask your opinion---DH and I (49) will be traveling with 4 college grads next year after graduation, we can't decide between Vista, RCI Harmony of the Seas or NCL Escape. Out of the 3, what would you recommend for our group?

Hard for me to say which one I think you would like, I know which one I would go on but that's only because I've been on 2 of them already so I would try the one I haven't been on yet.

But between Vista and Escape I liked Vista more, mostly because of the Havana area, I hated Spice H2O on Escape.

I will make some other random points

Vista: Guy's burgers free

NCL: Margaritaville $$$

RCCL: Johnny Rockets $$$

Entertainment:

NCL Broadway type shows (but only on a couple of nights), Headliners has same comedians onboard for the whole cruise plus Howl at the Moon, live music in a couple of bars

RCCL Broadway type shows, aqua theater and will bring on various variety acts, Jazz music, Studio B

CCL has a show in the Liquid Lounge every night (playlist production and variety acts). Comedy in limelight and on our cruise each show was different and they changed out comedians a few times. Piano bar, live music in atrium and Ocean plaza

Activities:

RCCL has Ultimate abyss, waterslides, zipline, flowrider, rock climbing, mini putt, ice skating

NCL has Ropes course, mini putt, waterslides

CCL has Ropes course and Skyride, waterslides, mini putt and several other activities on the sports court, plus Thrill Theater and IMax

Adults Only Areas:

RCCL has Solarium adults only area with hot tubs

NCL has Spice H2O adults only with waterfall grotto

CCL has Serenity adults only with hot tubs (Havana sort of adults only, could be guests 12 years or older)

I think you'll enjoy which every one you pick, create a pros/cons list and go through it with everyone and I'm sure you'll pick the right one.

Lou, one of the bands on the 1st sailing was Velvet Vibe, where they on your cruise as well? If so, what were your thoughts of them?

Yes they were, we saw them several times and they are in the Playlist Production "America Rocks" in the Liquid Lounge. We did enjoy them, they were very personable. You'll catch them daily playing in Ocean Plaza, except the day America Rocks is playing.

We were chatting with the drummer, he said they were all part of other bands across the Carnival Fleet and were put together for Vista, they had to learn something like 300 songs together. So for the rare pitch or error we may have heard they get a pass because they are still getting to know each other...

He also stated they'll be onboard until September, that's when their contract ends. After that I don't know if Velvet Vibe will exist anymore.

Yes they were, we saw them several times and they are in the Playlist Production "America Rocks" in the Liquid Lounge. We did enjoy them, they were very personable. You'll catch them daily playing in Ocean Plaza, except the day America Rocks is playing.

We were chatting with the drummer, he said they were all part of other bands across the Carnival Fleet and were put together for Vista, they had to learn something like 300 songs together. So for the rare pitch or error we may have heard they get a pass because they are still getting to know each other...

He also stated they'll be onboard until September, that's when their contract ends. After that I don't know if Velvet Vibe will exist anymore.

Excellent, thanks! I saw them on You tube as a promo for the Vista and enjoyed the song on there. We are sailing on the Vista on July 1 and happy they will be on.

Hi Lou!!

Fabulous review and info on the brand new Vista - will be bringing her across the Atlantic to NYC in October on the transatlantic so very anxious to get all the info I can.

Your pictures are amazing and as I was reading along I came to the post when you returned home and there was a picture of 'my' airport? LOLOL. Never realized you were from Ottawa (what part?) ......

Thanks again for the awesome review :D

Hi Lou!!

Fabulous review and info on the brand new Vista - will be bringing her across the Atlantic to NYC in October on the transatlantic so very anxious to get all the info I can.

Your pictures are amazing and as I was reading along I came to the post when you returned home and there was a picture of 'my' airport? LOLOL. Never realized you were from Ottawa (what part?) ......

Thanks again for the awesome review :D

Thank you, we live in Stittsville. I've never done a TA, I will have to put that on my list of things to do. You will love it and you'll have the whole time to enjoy all that Vista has to offer.

Thank you, we live in Stittsville. I've never done a TA, I will have to put that on my list of things to do. You will love it and you'll have the whole time to enjoy all that Vista has to offer.

You must try a TA - this is my 4th (addicted) so fun and relaxing with a few ports here and there to break it up - many of my friends are doing the last Med then the TA - and I am hoping to add that to my 'retirement bucket list'!!;)

Can't wait to enjoy all the Vista has to offer!!!:D

We are close by in Nepean (and hubby works in Kanata) and we have friends in Stittsville!!!

Can you tell me if it was easy to find transportation right off the boat to the popular destinations? Not tours, just transportation. That is, were buses, taxis easily found?

Taxis were available at some ports not all, I didn't pay too much attention so cannot comment beyond that.

LoutheGlue; I enjoyed your review very much. Lots of your photos were of places that I visited back in the 1970's and 1980's. In some ways have not changed much, but I sure on closer inspection, lots has changed since then:) I dont get over there anymore now, so loved to see your photos, as well as the Vista. Beautiful ship! Thanks for the review.:)

Thanks so much for all the pics. I haven't cruised Carnival since 2012 and will be cruising on the Vista in January with some first time cruisers. My husband and I vowed never to cruise Carnival again but they are the cheapest cruise line. Your post has really help me to know what to expect when we cruise. Thanks again!

Hello...Loved your review. Was wondering if you happened to get any pictures of the teen club 02? My hubby and I were on Inaugural and I completely forgot to get any pictures for my girls of the teen club. I usually take a ton of pictures all around the ship and I think I was just too tired this time;) My girls are hassling me to no end because I didn't. I am taking my youngest in November and she is dying to see it. If you have some and could post it would save my sanity ! Thanks

Melody

Hello...Loved your review. Was wondering if you happened to get any pictures of the teen club 02? My hubby and I were on Inaugural and I completely forgot to get any pictures for my girls of the teen club. I usually take a ton of pictures all around the ship and I think I was just too tired this time;) My girls are hassling me to no end because I didn't. I am taking my youngest in November and she is dying to see it. If you have some and could post it would save my sanity ! Thanks

Melody

No sorry I couldn't, I tried a few times and the main fire proof doors were always closed so couldn't even peak in a glass door. Keep trying other reviews I'm sure someone has got them...