Platinum dining certificate

It has been a few months since I have cruised on NCL and I know they make lots of changes, frequently. My question is for anyone having sailed in the last month or two with the Platinum Latitudes complimentary dinner for two certificate. Could you tell me what ship you were on and what options you had with the certificate? Le Bistro is the default but what else could be substituted during your cruise? Thanks for the help.

On the Sun a couple of months ago, La Cucina was the only other option for the certificate. They did enforce the 1 appetizer, 1 entrée and 1 dessert limitation and charged us $2.99 for a bowl of soup which was in addition to a salad.

We were on the Dawn's May 8th sailing, LaCucina or LeBistro only. One app, one entrée and one dessert. I asked if I could order soup in addition to my app and they said it would be an additional charge.

Le Bistro and La Cucina only options on the POA in March. One from each section. In Le Bistro, I believe the appetizers, soups and salads were all lumped together in one section. It is crazy to have to choose either appetizer or soup or salad. They should seperate the appetizers from the soup and salad section.

Le Bistro and La Cucina only options on the POA in March. One from each section. In Le Bistro, I believe the appetizers, soups and salads were all lumped together in one section. It is crazy to have to choose either appetizer or soup or salad. They should seperate the appetizers from the soup and salad section.

Agree - apps should be separated from soup/salad.

Breakaway August 2015 & The Star January 2016 platinum dinners were LE Bistro or LA Cucina ..one choice from each category

Safe sailing

LeBistro or La Cucina on the Pearl 2 weeks ago. We also had the UDP so we used the platinum certificates for the wine and used our UDP for the Le Bistro meals. Easy peasy....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Recently on the Gem: French or Italian. 3 course meal.

I don't see the issue with the line charging the additional $2.99 when a person decides to make a 3 course meal into a 4 course meal.

The issue is that it is a recent restriction of a long term Platinum benefit that was earned by taking multiple cruises on NCL.

Recently on the Gem: French or Italian. 3 course meal.

I don't see the issue with the line charging the additional $2.99 when a person decides to make a 3 course meal into a 4 course meal.

I'll probably be using my Platinum reward dinner for the first time on my next cruise (I've always had the UDP for every night of my other cruises, so have yet to use one) and I wouldn't have an issue either. After all, I'm getting a free dinner and bottle of wine, so $2.99 isn't a big deal if it is something I want.

The issue is that it is a recent restriction of a long term Platinum benefit that was earned by taking multiple cruises on NCL.

Exactly. And besides, it is beyond cheap. It sends just the wrong message to NCL's most loyal customers. (What, you want an appetizer AND soup? That'll be $2.99. -- Are you kidding?) The complete opposite of promoting corporate good will.

LeBistro or La Cucina on the Pearl 2 weeks ago. We also had the UDP so we used the platinum certificates for the wine and used our UDP for the Le Bistro meals. Easy peasy....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'll probably be using my Platinum reward dinner for the first time on my next cruise (I've always had the UDP for every night of my other cruises, so have yet to use one) and I wouldn't have an issue either. After all, I'm getting a free dinner and bottle of wine, so $2.99 isn't a big deal if it is something I want.

We'll be taking our first cruise as Platinum members early next year. I know about the two free dinners. What bottle of wine are you talking about?

EDITED: Never mind, I see the "dinner with wine" listed on the Latitudes rewards chart; thanks!

Edited by Turtles06

Sun a month ago.

We have no interest in dessert. First visit asked for soup, app and main, no problem. Second visit the same request and they danced and hemed and hawed and finally gave it to us. Silly to try to force a dessert when we would be happy for a bowl of (cheaper) soup.

It has been a few months since I have cruised on NCL and I know they make lots of changes, frequently. My question is for anyone having sailed in the last month or two with the Platinum Latitudes complimentary dinner for two certificate. Could you tell me what ship you were on and what options you had with the certificate? Le Bistro is the default but what else could be substituted during your cruise? Thanks for the help.

We were on the Jade last month. Le Bistro or La Cucina were the only options for our platinum certificate.

One starter, one entree (two menu items aren't included), one dessert.

Choice of wine from wine list.

Going on the Gem for 10 days in January. Have a 4 meal plan as part of the offer, have Platinum meals (one each for us) which takes us to 6 nights covered. Not really worked up over a possible $2.99 charge for an additional item. La Cucina and Le Bistro from our Breakaway cruise a few weeks ago provided more than enough. A dinner late night by the pool, the buffet prior to a show, MDR just because. I love the passion from all but there has to be something else to get all worked up over rather than this.

Pearl in April...Le Bistro and La Cucina...3 course.

We had a free Le Bistro dinner from our AMEX Platinum card, so we used our 2 NCL Platinum dinners at La Cucina.

First dinner: We both had a salad, DH got his beloved T-Bone planning to pay the extra $1.99 (Even though it was clearly stated on the Platinum voucher that it was excluded, he was not charged ), I had the Chicken Parm and substituted the spaghetti with carbonara, then we both had dessert. The desserts were HUGE and way too much to eat!

Dinner #2: We asked if we could sub 1 appetizer for the dessert and they said no problem. Funny thing was...when it was dessert time, they sweetly brought us a tiramisu to share, no charge :)

Here are the T&C's for the Platinum Dinners:

** Benefit entitles guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of their choice. Entrée item in Le Bistro excludes Homard Roti Au Beurre (lobster tail) and Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux (Angus beef ribeye steak for two). Entrée item in our Italian restaurant excludes Lobster Fra Diavolo (Maine lobster) and Bistecca Fiorentina (T-bone steak). Restrictions apply.

Edited by jvsnana

I just have to make a smart alec remark. Sorry,

But if you must have a 4 course meal and don't want to pay the extra couple dollars, you could stop by the buffet right before your dinner and pick up or eat a salad prior to your meal. Or you could possibly forgo desert and get something from O'sheehans or the buffet after dinner.

Like I said, just trying to be a little funny, hope some get the humor

I just have to make a smart alec remark. Sorry,

But if you must have a 4 course meal and don't want to pay the extra couple dollars, you could stop by the buffet right before your dinner and pick up or eat a salad prior to your meal. Or you could possibly forgo desert and get something from O'sheehans or the buffet after dinner.

Like I said, just trying to be a little funny, hope some get the humor

Debbie == Thanks for the humor, and it is appreciated !!!

The problem is not the extra charge, but the message NCL is sending to Platinum cruisers. It seems they want to discourage the long time NCL patrons.

Logically, the restriction is a "shot across the bow" to us. Plenty of food is available at many venues with no charge, so restricting the Platimnum benefit is ridiculous, and I know of several ways to counter the action by NCL. I won't mention them here, but I don't expect to allow the restriction to go unnoticed.

Debbie == Thanks for the humor, and it is appreciated !!!

The problem is not the extra charge, but the message NCL is sending to Platinum cruisers. It seems they want to discourage the long time NCL patrons.

Logically, the restriction is a "shot across the bow" to us. Plenty of food is available at many venues with no charge, so restricting the Platimnum benefit is ridiculous, and I know of several ways to counter the action by NCL. I won't mention them here, but I don't expect to allow the restriction to go unnoticed.

I understand. I've been Platinum for years and have seen the steady decline/watering down of benefits. But they are still better than some lines and worse than others. At least other lines give my underage son benefits. NCL won't go there and my 13 y/o has been on over 25 NCL cruises. And I'm not talking 3-4 day cruises. But it is what it is