Newbie Cruiser Prank

creeblee

Remind them to wear their seat belts at night in bed, in case you hit a bump. The seat belts are tucked under the bed somewhere - it varies by ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I see no harm in a prank as long as the person won't mind AND it doesn't affect anyone else. Getting room service involved is just rude to the hard working employees.

3 years ago I pranked my boyfriend. We had been on 5 previous cruises at that time. I drafted a letter using Carnival letter and addressed it to him stating that his passport had been flagged as an illegal alien from Bolonga Italy and that he we be arrested once we reach the next port and he would have to get an attorney. (He is Italian). I pulled some information from the Homeland Security website and put the information in the letter as well to make is sound more legal. To top it off he had just renewed his passport and they trouble scanning it at the port when we checking in. At the end of the letter I put in real small letters that this letter was invalid because it was drafted by me.

I placed the letter under the cabin door and as we were leaving he said "Look we have a letter" He was getting upset as he read it and I was trying so hard not to laugh. He handed me the letter and said read this! So I pretended to read it and then pointed out the last sentence. He dropped the letter and called me a b*tch. I dropped to the bed because I was laughing so hard. He showed the letter to friends we made on the ship and they laughed as well. In Feb 2016 we met the same friends on our Sunshine cruise and they have had fun reminiscing about the letter to other people over the last 3 years.

To this day I hold the crown for the best practical joke between us.

Who let this guy in? Bye!

I agree with you, adults shouldn't be in your children's play area. As the OP, you have started an an assinine, juvenile and idiotic thread which has attracted even more insane ideas.

If you think all these ideas are harmless and just good fun, then I invite you to be the recipient of them all. Let us know when you're next cruise is, and we'll incite people on your roll call to prank you with all the suggestions you have solicited.

Edited by evandbob

Some of these are really funny. I like the fake bill. My sister is bring her baby on the next cruise. I am thinking of drafting a letter charging her for excessive poppy diapers.

I once set a 5 am wake up call in my sister's cabin when she wasn't looking.

I see no harm in a prank as long as the person won't mind AND it doesn't affect anyone else. Getting room service involved is just rude to the hard working employees.

I agree with this part.

Ship staff works too hard & giving them extra work is not a good Idea.

- I like seat belt under the bed

- invoice for "extras"

- Camera in the room.

And to the people that think this thread is silly....... you don't have to read it.

And folks, the above comments tells us the difference between the likes of Carnival when compared to Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, etc.

Yup, "fun" does not = class.

Sorry, but this thread really lacks the latter.

I never thought I'd be saying this either. This really surprises me to read this here.

Y'all still in high school or college? :rolleyes:

Lighten up a little, nothing wrong with having a little fun at any age. I have sailed Celebrity and Princess and everyone acted 90, I am 48 and still want to have fun so I will stick to Carnival. I also will use a few of these on my next cruise, even if having a little fun makes me have no class!!

Edited by crazycruzer68

How nice!:rolleyes: Bringing a friend on a cruise and trying to trick them:eek: I wonder what you'd do if you didn't like the person??

Oh the horror. Friends what play jokes on each other.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

Lighten up a little, nothing wrong with having a little fun at any age. I have sailed Celebrity and Princess and everyone acted 90, I am 48 and still want to have fun so I will stick to Carnival. I also will use a few of these on my next cruise, even if having a little fun makes me have no class!!

Uh, no, I won't lighten up. Start acting your age, not your IQ!

I'm 57 and like to have fun too, but NOT at the expense of others.

Pranks can be cruel, and if that is your idea of "fun", I'll stick with the likes of Celebrity. Having fun does not make one have no class, it is what you do to have fun!

In the Army you would be sent to the Q store for a long weight!

Flight line and prop wash was common in the Air Force. We would also send someone down to the Security Police to get a bottle of K9-P.....

IF the person had a good sense of humor, then yes. If it would in any way offend or upset them, then absolutely not.

There is no harm in laughing at these things. However, for me personally the line is crossed when it has a negative impact on other cruisers or the crew - IF the things were actually done - this is all good humored talk at this point.

Agree. I like the life vests at muster drill thing. Doesn't affect anyone but the prank-ee....

I agree with you, adults shouldn't be in your children's play area. As the OP, you have started an an assinine, juvenile and idiotic thread which has attracted even more insane ideas.

If you think all these ideas are harmless and just good fun, then I invite you to be the recipient of them all. Let us know when you're next cruise is, and we'll incite people on your roll call to prank you with all the suggestions you have solicited.

Well aren't you a just a delight!

Uh, no, I won't lighten up. Start acting your age, not your IQ!

I'm 57 and like to have fun too, but NOT at the expense of others.

Pranks can be cruel, and if that is your idea of "fun", I'll stick with the likes of Celebrity. Having fun does not make one have no class, it is what you do to have fun!

I bet you're fun at parties

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The NCL Getaway class of ships has a deck 13. As do the Royal Oasis class.

I don't see a Deck 13 on the Oasis nor do I see a "Getaway" class for NCL. Perhaps you meant Breakaway Class? I do see a Deck 13 on the Getaway cruise ship.

Edited by jamesr3939

We told our 16 year old nephew that he had to wear his life jacket to the muster drill. Harmless and funny!

Tell the newbie that you volunteered everyone in the party for a man overboard drill; the $500 onboard credit was just too good to pass up. Even better would be to have an official-looking waiver form for them to sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Ther's nothing wrong with a prank among friends. As long as no one is physically harmed or property isn't damaged. I have to agree about leaving the massive breakfast order. That's a waste of food .

If you can't have a good laugh at yourself and good friends.

i recently retired and my co workers threw me a beautiful party . Unbeknownst to me it turned into a Roast The Friars Club themselves would have been proud off. They let me have it but good. *LOL* They even had my kids (adults) in on it . Being an old fan of the roasts they have on TV it was a great tribute , and how could I be mad. They were telling the truth. :)

Life is too short , lighten up

Now I know what Americans do when there are no Kardashians on the tube for them to watch. Seriously lame.

9 posts in 9 years, and you bother to come on here and waste your yearly post to bash Americans? You must be really bored.... :rolleyes:

Tell the newbie that you volunteered everyone in the party for a man overboard drill; the $500 onboard credit was just too good to pass up. Even better would be to have an official-looking waiver form for them to sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilarious! I wish there was a "like" button, I'd have pressed it several times in this thread.