s Maasdam & ms Volendam at Juneau, AK - 27 MAY 16

Copper10-8

She's early?

I wonder if they control the camera from Fort Lauderdale, or if there is someone in Juneau doing it..

That has to be someone in FLL doing that zoom.:)

Edited by Vict0riann

Fwd and Aft Mooring Deck officers as well as the SO at the gangway checking in with the bridge - Great shot of her captain, staff captain and pilot on the stbd bridge wing

Edited by Copper10-8

Just like with MADM this morning, her captain doing the communicating and allowing his staff captain to take her in and do the parking - checking with Jeffrey, her SO, how much to come ahead - 25 meters to come ahead now - "SECO" = Security Officer

Edited by Copper10-8

Btw, for those of you who have sailed with him, her last captain, James Russell-Dunford, retired in April

We had him in the Far East a couple of years ago, when we went to Burma. It was quite an adventure!

Both ships departing at 10:00PM Alaska time or 11PM my time. Well worth the effort to stay awake and see two "dam ships" leaving at the same time. Hope to see everyone later.

I plan to watch them leave (it will only be 2 am here - before my bed time!).

I plan to watch them leave (it will only be 2 am here - before my bed time!).

No wonder you go on world cruises - you can suit your hours to wherever you are in the world! And still win at Trivia!:D

That looks like a very awkward spot to dock. Do the passengers have to climb from one piling to another?:eek:

FYI - it's a brand new 'off-shore floating' dock, similar to the AJ Dock, and part of Juneau's cruise ship terminal project. It was completed in the off-season last year and a similar dock will replace the Alaska Steamship berth in the upcoming off-season

The "incline ramps" you're looking at are for the linesmen to get to their mooring positions and not for passengers. I haven't been there yet but it is my understanding that passengers will have a separate ramp that will take them to the bus staging areas

Thanks, Copper! I had visions of Paul Bunyan jumping from piling to piling:D

While singing "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK. I cut down trees, I eat my lunch

I go to the lavatory. On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea" ;)

While singing "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK. I cut down trees, I eat my lunch

I go to the lavatory. On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea" ;)

Oh Copper, I thought you were so butch!

I was able to tune in on my cell phone this morning just in time to see Maasdam dock. Now I know where to hang out to wave at the camera in two weeks. I love this new Juneau webcam! If I'm still up at 2am and I remember, I'll check in for sailaway. Leaving in a week--so much to do!!!

Edited by joekerstef