Gaining Platinum between cruises.

pdmartyn65

I need 4 more points to gain platinum. I am taking the Epic 7 day on October 23rd, and then transferring to the Jade for her Transatlantic on the 30th. When I check in on the Jade will they know I am now Platinum? Or will I have to tell them? Thank you.

you may need to tell them as it normally takes a few days for your points to be credited to your latitudes number post cruise . i would take documentation to prove how many points i had before the 7 night cruise plus the 7 night cruise documents just to be on the safe side x

I need 4 more points to gain platinum. I am taking the Epic 7 day on October 23rd, and then transferring to the Jade for her Transatlantic on the 30th. When I check in on the Jade will they know I am now Platinum? Or will I have to tell them? Thank you.

Congrats. We are taking the Transatlantic on the Epic on October 30. If you get off the Epic on the 30th it takes 24 hours for your points to be posted. I would tell them or ask them when you check in on the Jade. I would assume the next day you will get your Platinum welcome packet but this is just an assumption. Good luck.

I would tell them or ask them when you check in on the Jade.

Bothering the check-in staff with this is the worst thing you can do both time and frustration wise.

In most ports for most ships the key cards are preprinted with old status and the only correct place to handle this is at the future cruise consultant's desk after getting onboard.

I would talk to the Future Cruise people on the penultimate day of your first cruise to make sure they know of your position. Hopefully they will contact the FC people on your second cruise so that when you go to see them when you board they will have already actioned the change. If not they will be able to check the position and make the change then.

Bothering the check-in staff with this is the worst thing you can do both time and frustration wise.

In most ports for most ships the key cards are preprinted with old status and the only correct place to handle this is at the future cruise consultant's desk after getting onboard.

Ok :rolleyes:...

Wait a couple days so your staus will be upgraded in the computer, then talk to the Latitudes consultant or future cruise consultant, not the front desk people.

She will see the new status and do something in the computer to correctyour status. After that you can go to the front desk and get a new keycard with your new status on it.

That is what we did when changing tiers after first leg of a b2b cruise.

That is so very true.

The key cards are printed at Guest Services during the cruise prior. The people at check in are simply port employees who have no way to check, or change your latitude status.

Always best to ask the Cruise Consultant onboard.

As an aside...

Isn't it amazing just how many people change from Gold to Platinum in the middle of a set of B2B cruises?

Edited by SeaShark

This is a simple solution as we did the same, speak to the Cruise Consultant on the Epic as soon as you board. Explain your situation and ask if he would be so kind to send an email to the Cruise Consultant on the Jade to ensure that your status will be changed to Platinum when you board for the 2nd Cruise.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Thank you all for the input. I will bring what documentation I can of my status before sailing on the Epic, and talk to the cruise consultants on the Epic. Hopefully it will be all straightened away as we board (or shortly after we board) the Jade. :)