How quickly can you get off Escape in St Thomas?

CP3o

The docking time is 8:00 and we are supposed to meet our ride outside the gate at 8:20. We have no priority for getting off ship. Is NCL pretty efficient in this area, multiple exits from the ship?

I've gotten off Allure quickly and very slowly on Carnival Freedom so I'm not sure size of the ship matters.

Once the ship arrives (usually before 8:00), it has to clear customs and the crew have to set the gangways. We were on the Escape a week ago and they were only using the forward gangway. Four security podium (one reserved for Havens guests). It will take a few minutes to get off.

It's a walk-off port. When they open the door, walk off!

Thanks.

Carnival Freedom was a walk off port but we were in line for over 30 minutes (think more like 45) because it took us a long time to "ding" out with the one exit (later another opened up and we were redirected there for the final 15 mins of the line). This was the Dominican Republic port, just not enough staff and machines dedicated to exiting people when ship first docked and everyone wanted off for early excursions. We nearly missed our privately booked excursion even lining up "early".

Good to hear NCL is more like RCCL than Carnival in this area. But I would have liked to read two gangways used at least for the first hour after docking when so many want to get off at the same time (Escape holds a lot of pax so one podium could make for slow going.)

The docking time is 8:00 and we are supposed to meet our ride outside the gate at 8:20. We have no priority for getting off ship. Is NCL pretty efficient in this area, multiple exits from the ship?

I've gotten off Allure quickly and very slowly on Carnival Freedom so I'm not sure size of the ship matters.

St. Thomas is a pretty easy port for getting off the ship. It really doesn't take long and you should be able to make your pick up without any real issue. IMO the worst part about getting off the ship is getting past the ship's photographers. Keep in mind that you don't have to let them take your picture, just walk around them and the people waiting in line for them. I do suggest being at the gangway about 15 minutes before arrival so that you are near the front of the line (the CD will tell you not to do this but ignore those announcements).

Edited by zqvol