Kids 12 and under now $10 in Steakhouse?!

Trumpster

The Details

Meal Time:

Dinner

Menu:

Dinner

Cost:

Additional fee appliesAdditional

Adults: $35

Kids (12 and under): $10

Attire:

Cruise Casual | Elegant

just read this, $10 is a reasonable for kids. Saw this under the Magic

Just remember that kids prices is probably kids meals and portions. I dont think its the same meal as adults

No new kids menu was mentioned. But possibly reduced portions. Carnival seems to have made this change with no fanfare.

While my daughter is well behaved and loves steak I think I'll just order one in the main dining room for her. I'd prefer to keep the steakhouse adults only but then I've had drunks sitting behind us who were worse than a child misbehaving.

No new kids menu was mentioned. But possibly reduced portions. Carnival seems to have made this change with no fanfare.

here is it on Carnival's site

* For children 12 and under, a kid's menu is available, upon request; when ordering from this menu, the fee is $10 USD.

here is it on Carnival's site

OK, wonder what the options are? Cucina's kids menu was actually quite a bit different. It was good and worth $5.

I'm sure there must be a steak option, even if a smaller cut. Still $10 is a whole lot less. And it's likely to make me consider taking the kids now as I'm sure it will others.

Well, there goes the nice quiet ambiance of the steakhouse. Very few would pay $35 for a child, but bring on the $10 chicken nuggets and we'll let the kids run around the restaurant while we eat crowd.

Sigh

Well, there goes the nice quiet ambiance of the steakhouse. Very few would pay $35 for a child, but bring on the $10 chicken nuggets and we'll let the kids run around the restaurant while we eat crowd.

Sigh

Nothing quiet about the last two steakhouses I went to. Magic and breeze. Way to small a venue and way to many tables to close together. I couldn't help but be part of my multiple neighbors meals and conversations.

A large group of Adults can certainly remove the ambiance in a hurry as well.

Now the Legend Steakhouse did seem more intimate and quiet.

OK, wonder what the options are? Cucina's kids menu was actually quite a bit different. It was good and worth $5.

I'm sure there must be a steak option, even if a smaller cut. Still $10 is a whole lot less. And it's likely to make me consider taking the kids now as I'm sure it will others.[/quote

Good question. Same food? Just smaller portions?

If the Kids Menu was real and current

Mac N Cheese

Shrimp Cocktail

Beef Sliders

4 oz filet Mignon

Fish N' Chips

Chicken Fingers

Banana Split

Chocolate and Nutella Pizza

Ok that sounds about right. That would work for 10 dollats.

BTW, not thrilled about letting kids in the Steakhouse. 2-3 hours is a bit of a stretch for a fidgety kid. We book the Steakhouse for a quiet adult dinner.

I've seen the maitre d ask a family whose child was screaming at the top of his lungs to take the child out in the mdr. So maybe the same thing will happen in the steakhouse? I'm sure they will not want to lose business over unruly kids. And before I get flamed, I am a mom of 2....we take our kids on some of our cruises(not all) but with the $35 price tag we've never taken them with us to the steakhouse. Our kids are 10 and 7 though, so with a $10 kids option, we may now consider it.....but our kids are old enough to sit through a longer dinner service. If we had toddlers I wouldn't put myself through that kind of torture. ;) LOL