Kids 12 and under now $10 in Steakhouse?!

Trumpster

That would not be an issue for me.

I know the type...."I don't care if anyone else is bothered, as long as I am happy, it's all about me"....very sad, but becoming more prevalent

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I know the type...."I don't care if anyone else is bothered, as long as I am happy, it's all about me"....very sad, but becoming more prevalent

Mom, is that you? I didn't know you were on Cruise Critic. Always reading the worst into everything that people say.

Ask my 9 children and 24 grandchildren if I'm a "child hater" and see what they say.

Just because I would like the opportunity to dine in a child-free environment if I so choose doesn't make me (or anyone else) a "child-hater".

These kinds of pot-shots are usually tossed out by the liberal parents who think their child flipping tater tots at neighboring diners is adorable.

Like Button. I have enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxing feeling at the steakhouse. Well that is gone. Thanks Carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally, I don't feel like I would have a problem with kids in the steakhouse, I've never had a problem with them in the MDR, so I doubt this would be different. Having two kids I would not take out in public until they were 4 because of how unruly they were at home, I've learned to have more sympathy to parents in restaurants than I did before we had kids. :). So I rarely am bothered by kids in these places.

That being said, I doubt I would take my kids to the steakhouse on our next trip. And not because they are unruly - on our last cruise when they were 5 and 6, an elderly couple next to us in the MDR told us our kids were the best behaved of any on all of their cruises! My husband and I just laughed. Even our room stewardess said she normally hates kids, but she loved how nice and polite our kids were with her. So my kids are very well behaved on cruises, more so than at home, I'll take that, lol. But for us, the steakhouse was a slightly better dining experience we could have AWAY from our kids, that was the whole point, at least for us. We booked a 7:00 reservation, took the kids to eat on the Lido around 6:00, then dropped them off at Camp Carnival before we went to the steakhouse. And we had a wonderful dining experience. I doubt having more kids there will spoil the experience, because I personally don't think the place will be crawling with kids. Maybe a few more, but I believe there are more parents out there like us, who use the steakhouse as a way to get away from their kids, lol. I can eat as a family in the MDR, don't see the need to do it in the steakhouse with young kids.

Personally, I don't feel like I would have a problem with kids in the steakhouse, I've never had a problem with them in the MDR, so I doubt this would be different. Having two kids I would not take out in public until they were 4 because of how unruly they were at home, I've learned to have more sympathy to parents in restaurants than I did before we had kids. :). So I rarely am bothered by kids in these places.

That being said, I doubt I would take my kids to the steakhouse on our next trip. And not because they are unruly - on our last cruise when they were 5 and 6, an elderly couple next to us in the MDR told us our kids were the best behaved of any on all of their cruises! My husband and I just laughed. Even our room stewardess said she normally hates kids, but she loved how nice and polite our kids were with her. So my kids are very well behaved on cruises, more so than at home, I'll take that, lol. But for us, the steakhouse was a slightly better dining experience we could have AWAY from our kids, that was the whole point, at least for us. We booked a 7:00 reservation, took the kids to eat on the Lido around 6:00, then dropped them off at Camp Carnival before we went to the steakhouse. And we had a wonderful dining experience. I doubt having more kids there will spoil the experience, because I personally don't think the place will be crawling with kids. Maybe a few more, but I believe there are more parents out there like us, who use the steakhouse as a way to get away from their kids, lol. I can eat as a family in the MDR, don't see the need to do it in the steakhouse with young kids.

Awesome post....I would hope parents of younger children would take Ms Minerva's advice!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

I've never had a problem taking my kids anywhere. In fact, when out, I hardly ever see an unruly kid, so there's no epidemic of kids and restaurants.

But I'm glad for this change, It will be easier for families to eat together while some or all can appreciate the better food should they so desire.

A publicized $10 kids menu is no big deal as kids could always eat off their parents plates .

Didn't love that but in truth this is no change .

What they need is a Night Owl menus. Early Birds and Kids will be eating early. Need something to fill up a second seating.
How about two birds with 1 stone Have a late night deal ( 9 PM ) which includes a bottle of wine per couple like

they do on the first cruise night . Plus no reservations for kids taken after 8 PM . This would work for me .

Edited by richstowe

The other little known secret was you could bring your small kids to the SH, and just eat sides, and they wouldn't charge you.

But, alas, we now have kids that are big steak and lobster eaters.

3 years ago we had our 7 year old in the steakhouse. This kid refused the kids menu! He was well behaved and ate everything (with a little help). There were other families in there at the time, but the loudest person was a woman complaining about her free wine [emoji16]

3 years ago we had our 7 year old in the steakhouse. This kid refused the kids menu! He was well behaved and ate everything (with a little help). There were other families in there at the time, but the loudest person was a woman complaining about her free wine [emoji16]

They had a kid's menu 3 years ago?

"A publicized $10 kids menu is no big deal as kids could always eat off their parents plates .

Didn't love that but in truth this is no change"

NOT, eating off your plate in the Steak House is not allowed. Up until the kids menu, kids would be charged $35 like everyone else

"A publicized $10 kids menu is no big deal as kids could always eat off their parents plates .

NOT, eating off your plate in the Steak House is not allowed. Up until the kids menu, kids would be charged $35 like everyone else

Depended on the age of the child. Those in high chairs (under 2) were never charged and aren't still despite the $10 kids menu. 2 and up might have been charged, I know sometimes they weren't, depended on the ship.

I also know sometimes kids were charged full fare. But there was no hard and fast rule - which is pretty standard on Carnival, no hard and fast rules.

I often wonder why some people post things that are not true.

We were specifically told before our first visit when making reservations that our 6 year old would ONLY be charged if we ordered an entree for her; otherwise she could just eat off our plate. And even brought her some sides.