2018 World Cruise Itininerary

LarryL

I just saw the new world cruise itinerary and it, pretty much, excludes east and SE Asian countries. I'm just curious to see the opinions of the many of you "in the know" on why the drastic change. I was a little disappointed when they dropped Guam, but all the western Pacific seemed a little excessive. Our WC is 2022 so I figure they will change this again and I hear maybe even the ship. I'm looking forward to your many thoughts or maybe inside info. :)

Just saw the misspelling in my heading. Why doesn't spell check work when you really need it?

Edited by LarryL

We were not thrilled with the itinerary either. Looking at the 2017 schedule we were hoping in 2018 to do three legs - LA to Sydney to HK to Dubai. We will not be doing it. We will do the South American Circumnavigation instead. (I hope).

Which world cruise, there are a few.

For us it will be the Los Angeles circumnavigation in 2022. Although it sounds like a long ways away, we are already in the planning stages. They won't even post it until 2020 but my finger will be on the "book" button when it does. :p. The current itinerary around the south of Australia certainly will never be a deal breaker but I was hoping to see Asia/SE Asia one more time.

Just got off the 2016 WC and I thought the 2018 sounded amazing. I think the Asian stuff is being dropped from the WC because they are trying to beef up the Asian cruises separately. Also, there are quite a few people who do it every year, cruising snow birds I guess. It's nice for them to do some different ports. Hoping to be able to do a couple of segments in 18, but we shall see what the budget brings.

Just got off the 2016 WC and I thought the 2018 sounded amazing. I think the Asian stuff is being dropped from the WC because they are trying to beef up the Asian cruises separately. Also, there are quite a few people who do it every year, cruising snow birds I guess. It's nice for them to do some different ports. Hoping to be able to do a couple of segments in 18, but we shall see what the budget brings.

I guess I can understand the exciting new itineraries for frequent world cruisers but for me, I can hardly be inspired as a first time WC to swap Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok, or Ho Chi Minh City for Adelaide, Esperance, and Exmouth. I hope they change it back before we take our cruise. Not that I don't want to see Australia but this is a little overkill.

• 1 month later...

Hi Linda. Just found this post from you. We did sign up for the 2018 cruise. I am happy they are skipping lots of Asia with more in So Pacific and the Med. Did you ever do that page with the knitters and natters? I wasn't sure where to look. 2016 was a wonderful experience and it was made special by all the really nice people we met. Rita-Sailing Sister..Fellow natter!

Hey Rita!

I haven't gotten to the knitters and natters page yet as Tim repacked everything when we got to the hotel. We had to ship some stuff and fly with some stuff, and everything did get to Florida, but I have yet to unpack most of it. All the names, etc are somewhere in a suitcase. I am in NY at the moment trying to get house emptied out. When I get back to Florida in August I am hoping to have enough new addition done to be able to have room to unpack and find stuff.

Linda