Disembarkation: BREAKFAST?

I'll be on the Sunshine July 12-20. I know the boat gets back into port in NYC at 8am. Are there breakfast options available that day? Can we stay on the boat for breakfast and then disembark a little later? Or is there a mass exodus at 8am? We will have some small children with us and we need to know what to do about feeding them before the trip back home.

Disembarkation process will be staggered. Such as Platinum's and folks that carry there manageable luggage off then call out numbers according to your luggage tag.

I don't believe you have to exit once your number is called just blend in as the next ones are called off.

For Breakfast the Windjammer will be open early in the morning.

Breakfast in the buffet. Need to be outbid your cabin by 8am. Debarkation usually starts around 8am. All off is around 9:30.

If you're picking up luggage, wait in one of the lounges for your number to be called.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

No, you do not have to rush off the ship as soon as it docks. We always wait untill the last to get off, 930 - 10am, especially in NYC which is our homeport.

No need for us to rush, no flights to catch. What we do is get out of the cabin around 8am, with our stuff, have breakfast in the Lido and just relax and wait for the masses to exit. We are on the same cruise as you, July 12th and that's our plan!

We always eat our last breakfast in the MDR (it will open at 7:00am) and usually leave the ship around 10:00.

Agreed, why would you want to deal with the madness of the Lido, especially with small children. The MDR will be open until around 8:30 for a sit down breakfast, which will be much more comfortable for your family.

BTW, depending on where our cabin is in relation to the MDR, many times we have asked the cabin steward if we could leave our carry-on luggage in the closet while we go to eat breakfast and then send 1 or 2 people back to retrieve it after we eat. We have never been told no and the steward is rewarded with an extra cash tip :) It beats dragging all of your carry on stuff to the MDR.

We always eat our last breakfast in the MDR (it will open at 7:00am) and usually leave the ship around 10:00.

Don't know if it changes because of ports but May 26 on the Sunshine in Charleston the MDR was open from 6:30-8 am.

We had continental breakfast room service delivered the last morning with no problem.

Last cruise on the Miracle the MDR was used for Diamond/Platinum debarkation. Only option was the buffet. The MDR did have juices and pastry available on a cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last cruise on the Miracle the MDR was used for Diamond/Platinum debarkation. Only option was the buffet. The MDR did have juices and pastry available on a cart.

When was that? The last time I was on the Miracle (last March) we had breakfast on the bottom floor of the MDR. (This was like our 4th time on the Miracle, and it was the same way previously.) They usually only use the bottom floor for breakfast from my experience, anyway. The top floor was where Plat/Diamond/FTTF waited for priority debarkation. I always enjoy one last breakfast onboard and chatting with other passengers about their experience and the plans for their trip home.

Luvs2beachit, thank you for your reply. I'm greatly relieved. Getting out of the stateroom by 8am will be fine. Being able to relax on Lido while everyone else gets off the ship sounds like heaven. We are local to NYC as well so nowhere to rush off to but home and the inevitable reality of real life. We're booking a limo to get us home so I'll just have them arrive a bit later as well.

I see there's also the alternative of the MDR until 8:30 if we can get up and out early enough.

One way or another we'll leave the ship with breakfast as our parting meal.

Thank you for all the replies.

I see there's also the alternative of the MDR until 8:30 if we can get up and out early enough.

Be sure to double check the times on the MDR the last day ... the Sunshine for us a week ago was 6:30 - 8am. Not all ships have the same dining times.:-)

We ALWAYS have a dining room breakfast the last morning and get off when we are ready. Some people have to make a mad dash off for a flight, usually we don't. No need to be in a cattle call line for us. It is nice to sit in the dining room and order off a menu.

I'll be on the Sunshine July 12-20. I know the boat gets back into port in NYC at 8am. Are there breakfast options available that day? Can we stay on the boat for breakfast and then disembark a little later? Or is there a mass exodus at 8am? We will have some small children with us and we need to know what to do about feeding them before the trip back home.

On the Magic (or Breeze) we stay up on deck 11 or 12, which are one of the first decks to be called if you carry your luggage off.

We go to the MDR for a nice relaxing breakfast before heading off the ship. It helps that we are only 3.5 hour drive from the port.

Yes, there is breakfast served in the MDR as well as the buffet up top.

You may debark when you like any time after your assigned time has passed.

Another vote here for breakfast in the MDR on the last morning. We usually go around 7am and are out of there by 7:45 or so. Plenty of time to go back to the cabin to make sure we have emptied all the drawers and cabinets and the safe and get out of the cabin by 8am. We get our carry on bags and say goodbye to the room steward and head to the area where we are supposed to wait.

We always put our bags out the night before. Not sure it would work for self assist. But, you won't ever find us dragging our luggage off the ship. If we fly, we schedule flights late enough to avoid having to do that. If we drive, not a big deal what time we get off. I am not sure what the big hurry to get off is all about.

Edited by DebJ14