Diamond drink voucher limitations

I am currently on my first Diamond cruise. I enjoy having the 3 drink benefit and the Diamond lounge - although it likely makes me drink more than normal in my desire to fully take advantage of this new benefit :-). In time I will find the right balance.

The red wine (I only drink red) is tolerable but not good. However, it is free so no complaints! The rum punch is very good! And who can complain about Baileys?!? Overall I am finding being Diamond includes some very nice benefits.

"...... We order beers from the pool bar and ask them not to break the seal. We put them in our cabin for consumption during the day.

"

That's a cool idea... can you order all three at once? with the DW and me that would be a six-pack of beer for the pool the next day :-)

no problem. They are yours to use, but you have to order them or give your seapass to the other person to order

Saw someone try that on Enchantment. The barman seized the card and called security.

That's a cool idea... can you order all three at once? with the DW and me that would be a six-pack of beer for the pool the next day :-)

Only one drink at a time with the unlimited beverage packages.

I am currently on my first Diamond cruise. I enjoy having the 3 drink benefit and the Diamond lounge - although it likely makes me drink more than normal in my desire to fully take advantage of this new benefit :-). In time I will find the right balance.

The red wine (I only drink red) is tolerable but not good. However, it is free so no complaints! The rum punch is very good! And who can complain about Baileys?!? Overall I am finding being Diamond includes some very nice benefits.

Thanks for this report! I'll be on my first Diamond cruise in September and really looking forward to it.

Only one drink at a time with the unlimited beverage packages.

...since we usually stay in a GS I've typically gotten a drink or two from the CL (plenty for me or I'd fall asleep before dinner:p)

...but on our upcoming trip on HOS we'll be Diamonds for the first time, so if they load your Seapass card with 3 drinks each night as a Diamond, could you not just order 3 beers (ask them to leave the tops on) and have them to enjoy another time?

...since we usually stay in a GS I've typically gotten a drink or two from the CL (plenty for me or I'd fall asleep before dinner:p)

...but on our upcoming trip on HOS we'll be Diamonds for the first time, so if they load your Seapass card with 3 drinks each night as a Diamond, could you not just order 3 beers (ask them to leave the tops on) and have them to enjoy another time?

Yes, you can use your Diamond vouchers all at once.

Am I reading this correctly, are soft drinks included in the Diamond perk?

Yes, soft drinks are included. On Serenade, we would visit the Diamond Lounge for a drink or 2, then, we would stop at one of the bars, and use our D+ coupons, we got cokes, bottled water and beer, all unopened, and all 3 at once, just before 8:00 many nights. The bartenders didn't say a thing. We then had the extra drinks for in our cabin to consume the next day. This is a nice perk.

It's all or nothing, no credit given for drink vouchers.

Last summer when I was on Adventure, all drinks were 25% off during the Diamond Lounge hours. Granted, this was my only cruise as Diamond, so it may not always be the case.

I could not get a free Appletini because while vodka is on the list, Apple Pucker is not, so I paid $7.50 plus tip for it. Regular price is $10.00 plus tip.

But a Cape Cod, vodka and cranberry juice, was free.

They scan your card and enter the drink in their system. It needs to match up to what is on the list. In the lounge it is different. I have seen many people tip for their desired drink. They don't scan the card there.

On the Allure, we had a letter telling us that they would scan our card in the Diamond Lounge, but not be charged. They said the purpose was that they were doing survey.

I think she wanted her three drinks plus her husband's three. That, of course, could be done, but only during the 2 1/2 hours or so of "happy hour", so you'd be very happy at the end of that time. ;)

Ou jeah, really happy hour and a lot of sleep after that. I was more thinking that my husband would take my 3 drinks if we both would have select and not premium package. I only drink white or sparkling wine.

Second thought; 6 hard licqour drinks in 2½ hours would finish him too.

I think she wanted her three drinks plus her husband's three. That, of course, could be done, but only during the 2 1/2 hours or so of "happy hour", so you'd be very happy at the end of that time. ;)

Three and a half. SO much happier! ;)

..one other Diamond question...we will be a family of 6 traveling in the same room (Royal Family Suite) on HOS we have 2 children over 21, one 19, and the other under 18....will the 'kids' have my wife and my 'Diamond' privileges even though they themselves have not achieved that yet?

Thanks

..one other Diamond question...we will be a family of 6 traveling in the same room (Royal Family Suite) on HOS we have 2 children over 21, one 19, and the other under 18....will the 'kids' have my wife and my 'Diamond' privileges even though they themselves have not achieved that yet?

Thanks

Your adult children won't have your Diamond privileges, but they will have a "Sky Class" Seapass card that is even better.

Thanks

The under 18 will have your status, the over 18s will have the status you were when they turned 18.

• 8 months later...
The under 18 will have your status, the over 18s will have the status you were when they turned 18.

I know this post is over 6 months old but since the thread has resurfaced and there is no confusion....

The kids over 18 will only have status if they took a cruise with their parents prior to turning 18. If this is their first cruise they will have no status and be gold on their next cruise.