Moving a reservation to a new travel agency

robertf57

So my travel agent is moving from her current agency to another. (Apparently the commission structure is better). I have a deposit on an Oceania cruise with her at the old agency. Does anyone know if I can move that reservation to her at the new agency? At the moment only a fully refundable deposit has been paid, but my cabin class is showing "wait list" currently for that cruise. So, simply canceling and rebooking doesn't seem like a great option. I suspect first guy on the wait list would get my cabin!

Thanks for the input.

If she gets concurrence from her previous employer -- yes and commission rolls to. Otherwise you can transfer it -- but the commission stays with previous broker.

In 2012 O/PCH changed there policy regarding poaching by TA's and rebating.

See FAQ No 9.

http://www.rssc.com/media/hostedfiles/PDF/AntiRebatingPolicy.pdf

Also rebooking to the same cruise does not change the policy.

Edited by PaulMCO

If she gets concurrence from her previous employer -- yes and commission rolls to. Otherwise you can transfer it -- but the commission stays with previous broker.

In 2012 O/PCH changed there policy regarding poaching by TA's and rebating.

See FAQ No 9.

http://www.rssc.com/media/hostedfiles/PDF/AntiRebatingPolicy.pdf

Also rebooking to the same cruise does not change the policy.

While you are correct Paul that "some" of the commission transfers to the new agency, but, only 10% and only that 10% transfers to the new agency either within the first 30 days or after 30 days with the original TA's approval. With O commissions in the 18% range, that means in any case the receiving agency will be working with a little less than half their normal commission and may perhaps not want to take the booking for the lesser commission.

The original TA will get a bit less than 1/2 no matter if the booking is cancelled. In this case, with the OP really wanting to go, doesn't hurt to ask the original agency but, they may bet on the come and want to keep the full commission especially since they are losing an agent and for sure the OP for the future.