Princess website prices don't exist when you call them

myfuzzy

I have a cruise booked this fall, and have been watching the current "sale" prices. Today, I went online to just look around and found that my cruise cabin rate was lower by 100.00 pp. I booked during the double OBC promo, which I got 150.00. Being people, who "been there, done that" we don't spend a lot of money on board, and would rather have the reduction up front.

Curiously, I thought the current promotion offered "free" gratuities. Going further into the "mock" reservation, I see all categories of cabins have a "see offers" below the prices, so I look into the balcony "offer" and find ......no offers...hmm. The only offers were pertaining to mini's and suites, even though all were noted with offers. OK, so I call my TA and ask her to call and see what the story is with the rates. After 10 minutes, she comes back and tells me that my price has NOT dropped, and I would be better off staying where I am. She told me the Princess rep told her there was no rate that was specified on the website, and she was only "allowed" to offer rates that were in "their " computer. We all know the Princess motto...the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing....Has anyone else ever encountered this.

I just checked. When I clicked on "view offers" there were 2 rows.

The first row had N/A for all categories up to Mini & Suite - then there were check marks for free gratuities.

The second row had check marks for all categories up to Minis and then it was marked N/A.

Either they fixed it or your computer wasn't showing it correctly.

Don't know what you paid, but if the price is the same or lower and you want the free grats, just cancel and rebook.

I have a cruise booked this fall, and have been watching the current "sale" prices. Today, I went online to just look around and found that my cruise cabin rate was lower by 100.00 pp. I booked during the double OBC promo, which I got 150.00. Being people, who "been there, done that" we don't spend a lot of money on board, and would rather have the reduction up front.

The Red White and Blue sale doesn't appear to apply to all cruises. Suggest you do this:

From the home page, select deals at the top of the page. You'll get another page of cruises sorted by regions where it does apply. See if you can find your cruise.

Actually, the cruise is listed under the current sale, and went I went into my TA's website the same rates are there too, but, under the promotions, it is stipulated for "new bookings only". But, I don't see the same stipulations on Princess' website. Unfortunately, I don't have the time tonight, but tomorrow, I will check both sites and see all the fine print and make a couple of calls.

Edited by myfuzzy

Also, there are some promotions or variations that may be website exclusive as well (they don't have to pay reps for web bookings)...

Also, depending on your cookies, browser settings, etc, you could see different pricing...

Actually, the cruise is listed under the current sale, and went I went into my TA's website the same rates are there too, but, under the promotions, it is stipulated for "new bookings only". But, I don't see the same stipulations on Princess' website. Unfortunately, I don't have the time tonight, but tomorrow, I will check both sites and see all the fine print and make a couple of calls.

The View Offers section online on Princess is correctly showing the Free Gratuities offer. Prices for your cruise may or may not be better deals than when you booked. For Balconies, I see prices in every category are higher than what they were last month, so in that regard your TA appears to be correct, but did you look at your exact category or did you just look at the lead in price?

This makes a difference....until you verify this, it makes no sense to proceed, but just in case-->

You are correct that Princess does not limit this sale to new bookings, but it is a NR deposit. If your TA has it marked as New Bookings Only it is either an error or an agency policy.

You should check your onboard credit amounts in the Cruise Personalizer to determine how much of your $150 OBC is from Princess and how much (if any) is from your TA. Then check with your TA to determine if their portion is transferable to a new booking.

The Free Grats is worth $103 pp. You may have a price reduction of $100, for a total value of $203 pp. Which is worth more than the $150 OBC you currently have. But only if your actual price is lower than the current price for the same category you have booked.

I checked the rates for the free gratuities (red white & blue sale) on a cruise we have booked in December. The same category was $600 more using the promo than what we had booked.

It was the same for me :eek:

Tony