Hotel preference....

buckeye12

I've narrowed my list down a little bit, but now I'm stuck. Prefer a hotel that is close to (reasonable) dining options and things to do as we will not have a car. We will only be here for one night next April 21st. My list is: Fountainebleu, The Mandrian, Delano, Diplomat, Margaritaville, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Miami, Intecontinental, Hampton Inn-brickell, home wood suites-brickell, and Double Tree grand...help me narrow this down a bit more :)) thanks in advance!!

Which airport are you arriving at? Which cruise port are you sailing from?

Your choices are literally all over the map. And I mean "literally" literally, not ironically. Many of them very impractical without a car.

You will pay serious tourist prices for meals if you stay beachfront; neither Miami Beach nor Hollywood beach have family-priced restaurants in the area. The most practical suggestions would be the Brickell area hotels or the Intercontinental Downtown Miami, assuming you are arriving at MIA and sailing from PortMiami.

Your list represents not only a wide range of hotels, and even locations but a wide price point.

It would be helpful if you tell us are you looking for a four/five star hotel, (a luxury hotel) or would you prefer to stay at a hotel less expensive and is the beach area important to you or would you rather be downtown.

It really would help to give you feedback.

I am assuming you are sailing out of the Port Of Miami.

Keith

Not just port and airport, but what time will you arrive? :confused:

Landing late in FLL would eliminate all of the Miami hotels for me, while landing early afternoon opens up many more options.

Is this for a couple or family/group? Do you want beach?

I chuckled looking at your list. Like mentioned, your hotels span from downtown, Miami Beach ,South Beach and up to Hollywood. And on your date, their rates probably range from $200+ thru $400. Ya gotta offer a lot more info.

Personally for one night, I wouldn't head up to Hollywood if crising from POM. Lots of great choices in closer proximity to the port.

Edited by eandj

If you want to be walkable to shopping, dining, and attractions, book The Loews or The Delano.

The others are all fantastic choices, in particular The Fountainebleu, The Diplomat, and Margaritaville but staying in South Beach is just crazy fun for all ages.

Sorry we will be flying in around 10am to FLL. So we will have at least one full day basically. Unless we can get an extra day off of work which would give us two days at the hotel. I would like to be along the beach. There will be two of us my husband and I. We will be cruising from POM.

Hard Rock is fantastic, and close to FLL so you can take advantage of it's amenities pretty quick. Great entertainment and restaurants, but the beach is not in walking distance.

The Loews would be my pick, right on the beach, upscale, gorgeous hotel. South Beach has a ton to offer with shopping, beach, dining, nightlife, and entertainment.

I am still stuck on the cost.

If money is no object go with the Mandarin in Miami or the Ritz in South Beach. But there is a big difference in price in those hotel to say Hampton Inn.

I would encourage you to narrow your list based on budget but if that is not an issue I would go with one of those. If a beach is not important Four Seasons is a great choice too.

We really don't know what you prefer in a hotel, your budget or what you would like to do and you can be happy at any of these locations without a car. Taxis are readily available and if you like to walk that is a good option too.

Keith

I've narrowed my list down a little bit, but now I'm stuck. Prefer a hotel that is close to (reasonable) dining options and things to do as we will not have a car. We will only be here for one night next April 21st. My list is: Fountainebleu, The Mandrian, Delano, Diplomat, Margaritaville, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Miami, Intecontinental, Hampton Inn-brickell, home wood suites-brickell, and Double Tree grand...help me narrow this down a bit more :)) thanks in advance!!

You've stated that you want to be close to walkable and reasonable dining options. For that reason, I'd go with either of the Brickell hotels. If you wanted to step up a bit there is also a JW Marriott in the Brickell area.

There's plenty of walkable dining in that area. Google Maps is your friend.

You've stated that you want to be close to walkable and reasonable dining options. For that reason, I'd go with either of the Brickell hotels. If you wanted to step up a bit there is also a JW Marriott in the Brickell area.

There's plenty of walkable dining in that area. Google Maps is your friend.

Google maps is also your friend, she stated in a follow up post she would like to be by the beach.