Another Drink Package Question ...

I know, I know ... another drink package question. Here it goes ...

Can I buy a drink package that only covers part of the 7-day cruise? For example, we stop at three ports within the first five days, which limits the amount of time aboard the ship. The last two days are sea days which would allow me time to take advantage of a drink package. I heard RCI will sell and even run special discounts as the cruise week progresses?

My recollection is when you buy it, you buy it for remainder of cruise. Second, they only sell it for like the first 3 days. After that, you cannot buy it. Also depends on itinerary.

Edited by gpnfish

I know, I know ... another drink package question. Here it goes ...

Can I buy a drink package that only covers part of the 7-day cruise? For example, we stop at three ports within the first five days, which limits the amount of time aboard the ship. The last two days are sea days which would allow me time to take advantage of a drink package. I heard RCI will sell and even run special discounts as the cruise week progresses?

You can only buy the drink package for the entirety of your cruise, or the remainder of it if you buy onboard. They will only sell drink packages onboard until there is four nights left of your cruise.

From Royals website.

Q: Can we purchase the package for selected days?

A: Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

From Royals website.

Q: Can we purchase the package for selected days?

A: Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

It is odd (but not surprising) that RC's wording doesn't make sense.

They sell the packages with PRICING BY THE DAY. There is no "pro-rating", there is only "charging by the day".

So, if you are on a week-long cruise and buy for the entire voyage, you pay 7 times whatever the daily price of your package is.

If you are on that same week-long cruise and buy when there are six days remaining, you pay 6 times whatever the daily price of your package is.

If you are on that same week-long cruise and buy when there are five days remaining, you pay 5 times whatever the daily price of your package is.

If you are on that same week-long cruise and buy when there are four days remaining, you pay 4 times whatever the daily price of your package is.

:rolleyes:

Thanks, everyone. This is very helpful. I'll probably buy it beginning day 4.

Also, does anyone have a list of drink prices? Do the packages include beers in the English Pub? Or the fruity, tropical drinks sold by a server walking around poolside?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also, does anyone have a list of drink prices? Do the packages include beers in the English Pub? Or the fruity, tropical drinks sold by a server walking around poolside?

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Yes, those things are included, with the exception of Chimay, I believe.

On some sailings they will offer a 10 drink "punch card" for around 80.00 IF this is offered (there is no way of knowing if a ship will decide to offer it) it will be available later in the cruise - around day 4 or 5. And unlike the drink package - the punch card is shareable.

Pretty much all drinks are included except for those that are served in the souvenir glasses. The glasses are not included, if you want one of those drinks you will be charged.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying the 10 drink punch card. $79 for 10 drinks. You buy it from any bar and he bartender punches a hole in it everyone you get a drink. Worth it if your drinks are cocktails and wine, not so much if you only drink beer. I think they start selling it around day 3 or 4.

We were on the Enchantment for a 4 day trip back in Feb. I remember them offering the drink package with 2 days left. Perhaps they run things differently on the shorter trips. Using the guidance posted above, there would have been no way to purchase on board beyond day 1 of a 4 day cruise.

I ended up buying the 10 drink punch card. $79 for 10 drinks. You buy it from any bar and he bartender punches a hole in it everyone you get a drink. Worth it if your drinks are cocktails and wine, not so much if you only drink beer. I think they start selling it around day 3 or 4.

I mean, it isn't a horrible deal. Just the big cocktails can be $10 a pop. That's $20 of savings. Not the most amazing thing ever but not a scam either.