Grand Princess Tea Room: Worth it?

namowal

I hear there's a variety of teas offered in the library/tea room on the Grand. Is it worth sampling the teas? (and if so, which ones?) or is it just a gimmick to sell overpriced drinks?

We had tea in the mdr on last cruise last dec, it was free, always has been.

We were just taking about it. We think we simply order tea and goodies in our stateroom next trip. Wanted to enjoy tea with my sister, not sit with a bunch of other folks. When we do tea on Cunard, we sit at a table with others we are traveling with - we are no herded to are large tables of strangers which they do on Princess. We only do tea once on a trip, being herded took away from the special experience I wanted.

to do tea in our stateroom, we need to order 24 hrs in advance, which we can do.. It is free too.

We just came back from a cruise on Grand Princess May31. We really enjoyed the small tea venue in the library, Tea Leaves. I believe the up charge was about $3 but we felt it was well worth the cost. The attendant will help you choose tea leaves to try. Very unusual flavors and nicely presented. They also have some pastries/cakes to go along for free. I believe it is only available on sea days. I highly recommend.