Koningsdam embarkation question - how early?

NRFBQN

We are so excited to be sailing on the Koningsdam in less than two weeks! In fact, we're so excited that we want to go on board as soon as possible. Does anyone know how early the embarkation area opens in Amsterdam? When embarking in San Diego, Seattle, and Ft. Lauderdale, we usually get to the port between 10 and 11, but I am wondering if that will be too early in Amsterdam. Does anyone have any experience with this port?

Thanks very much for any advice you can give us!

Best regards,

Priscilla

We always try to get to the pier by 10:45, go through security and check in.

HAL tries to have all the cabins ready for embarkation by 11:30.

Wheelchairs and scooters go first along with the PS cabins. Then the Neptune Suites, 4 and 5 star mariners board next. Then they start to call the numbers.

We did get a email a couple of weeks ago from our TA that the Koningsdam has staggered boarding. They start at 12 with Suites and 4/5 star Mariners. Than every 1/2 hour another group boards by Deck number. Last group is at 2.30 pm.

The same thing was in place with boarding in Rotterdam for he Rotterdam. It was a lot more organised this way.

Edited by ansjefitnes

Thank you all for sharing your experiences! We are not yet 4 star Mariners but will earn that level on this cruise - I look forward to priority boarding on our next cruise. Ansjefitnes, did your TA say which order the boarding went by deck number? We are on 8/Navigation, I believe, so I'm hoping they start from the top :).

Thank you all for sharing your experiences! We are not yet 4 star Mariners but will earn that level on this cruise - I look forward to priority boarding on our next cruise. Ansjefitnes, did your TA say which order the boarding went by deck number? We are on 8/Navigation, I believe, so I'm hoping they start from the top :).

Deck 8 starts at 12.30 according to my information.

Thank you for the continued information! Our documents say 12:00 boarding, so base on all of this information, I think our best bet is to get there before noon and hope for 12:30 boarding. Whatever time we get on the ship, I know that it will be a wonderful day. I just like to be as prepared as possible. :)