Consumer Outreach Concierge Desk

Mr&MrsBee

Just re'd an email from a Dedicated Concierge stating she could help us with our travel plans. Our regular Vacation Planner Kristy has done an excellent job handling our cruises. Is this something special or just another idea for modern luxury to make us feel good?

Same here. I was busy when they called and asked them to call me back, so far I haven't heard from them. Based on the e-mail they sent I think it's just a post booking follow up call to check and see if you want to book anything else (Choice Air, Hotels, excursions) now that you've booked the cruise.

Same here. I was busy when they called and asked them to call me back, so far I haven't heard from them. Based on the e-mail they sent I think it's just a post booking follow up call to check and see if you want to book anything else (Choice Air, Hotels, excursions) now that you've booked the cruise.

Yes, it's basically just a sales call. I got two in one week.

Mike

We were on a B2B and got a call before we left-can we make(sell) your reservations in the speciality restaurants, would you like to upgrade your beverage pkg. Then while we were on the first leg we got a call at home-same thing for 2nd leg!

Just re'd an email from a Dedicated Concierge stating she could help us with our travel plans. Our regular Vacation Planner Kristy has done an excellent job handling our cruises. Is this something special or just another idea for modern luxury to make us feel good?

So that's a new one on me. I have not received one of these most likely because we always book Inside Staterooms and not Concierge Class. I think this is the new service for those that book CC Class Staterooms.

So that's a new one on me. I have not received one of these most likely because we always book Inside Staterooms and not Concierge Class. I think this is the new service for those that book CC Class Staterooms.

They don't limit the calls to concierge passengers...don't kid yourself, it's not a concierge perk...it's a sales call. It seems to me that Celebrity has been doing these marketing calls, in the guise of trying to help you, for many years...generally randomly. We get them for some cruises and not others...doesn't matter what class cabin we book.

They don't limit the calls to concierge passengers...don't kid yourself, it's not a concierge perk...it's a sales call. It seems to me that Celebrity has been doing these marketing calls, in the guise of trying to help you, for many years...generally randomly. We get them for some cruises and not others...doesn't matter what class cabin we book.

The only calls I remember getting were a while back. One from Celebrity and one from RCCL when I was on their respective sites putting a hold on a particular cruise, but those were from their Certified Vacation Planners. Other than that I have not received one from a "Dedicated Concierge."