Best Hawaii(Pride of America) promo you have seen?

luv2gonow

Hi,

I am booked July 2017 on POA:-)

I booked last summer on board the Epic and there were no promo avail besides

Credit I received on board.

With new promo I called and was able to get the free hotel night. 2 rooms

I have 2 cabins 1 balcony 1 inside)Almost went for the 2br suite Wrap corner aft( all promo inc)

But would have been 2300 more and promo only good for 1st 2 passengers, and 1 hotel room.

Also being so port intensive and sailing with other people non suite I didn't think I would utilize suite perks.

But the Napoli coast sail would have been suite;-)

Anyhoo..... What is the best deal you have seen on Hawaii cruise.

Have you ever seen beverage package or more than 1 perk available.

There is two avail now but NCL said only 1 for Hawaii unless the suite now.

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

Hi,

With new promo I called and was able to get the free hotel night.

I have 2 cabins 1 balcony 1 inside)Almost went for the 2br suite Wrap corner aft( all promo inc)

But would have been 2300 more and promo only good for 1st 2 passengers.

Also being so port intensive and sailing with other people non suite I didn't think I would utilize suite perks.

Anyhoo..... What are the best deal you have seen on Hawaii.

Kerri

If you want to stretch your money I would not or ever do cruise/hotel pkg as you can always do it all cheaper on your own.

Then pick up the gratuities free be.

When we booked Hawaii cruise for Jan 2017 back in April 2015 they did offer the booze pkg along with 7 day dining as well as some others.

But because this cruise is so expensive for both passengers and NCL as they have buy there booze, food and supplies locally.

So I doubt that you will see the booze promo anytime soon. JMO

Hi,

But would have been 2300 more and promo only good for 1st 2 passengers, and 1 hotel room.

Kerri

I thought no UBP packages were ever offered for the POA due to Hawaii liquor laws. I'm pretty sure you could not even buy one on our last cruise. Best thing I can think of for Hawaii would be a Friends and Family Sail Free, which I thought was part of the current promo. That might make it worth combining your two cabins into one large suite. Plus you would get all the other promos offered.

Edited by punkincc

I thought no UBP packages were ever offered for the POA due to Hawaii liquor laws. I'm pretty sure you could not even buy one on our last cruise. Best thing I can think of for Hawaii would be a Friends and Family Sail Free, which I thought was part of the current promo. That might make it worth combining your two cabins into one large suite. Plus you would get all the other promos offered.

You could be right on this as we are not drinkers so we don't look for it but I do know the perks were better when they were first launched than they are now and that goes for all NCL cruises.

You could be right on this as we are not drinkers so we don't look for it but I do know the perks were better when they were first launched than they are now and that goes for all NCL cruises.

Actually, when we booked our March 2016 cruise on the POA, there was absolutely nothing offered with the booking. So I thought the promos I saw recently looked pretty generous by comparison.

I guess this is such a popular itinerary that NCL does not feel there is generally any need to offer any promo enticement to book. So, if I saw promos offered, I'd go ahead and book as they are not common. You can always cancel and rebook before final if a better promo comes along.

Hi,

Kerri

We just booked a suite for June '17. We got gratuities for 2 (there are 4 of us) 3 day SDP for 2 and $50 excursion credit per stop, plus the free hotel night, which include transportation to the port. Supposedly we were to get free internet, but apparently it isn't being offered on POA. Also no liquor package is available due to HI liquor law, but we won't be on the ship that much so it isn't a deal breaker. We may pick up a wine package if it is available for dinner and the suite.

We sailed POA on 5/21. Our cruise was booked in January, 2015 and re-booked in March for lower cabin price. We had $200 OBC; 3rd and 4th sail Free; (Suite) gratuities for guest 1 & 2; $200 air fare credit (which we didn't use) & 7 day dining package (old one before ala Carte pricing started). The beverage package was part of the offers at that time, but POA received the AF Credit instead.

Punkincc is correct, there is no beverage package or in cabin bar setup sold on POA due to the Hawaiian laws. The ship never leaves Hawaiian waters, so the ship needs to follow the Hawaiian laws for alcohol, gambling and smoking!

We sailed POA on 5/21. Our cruise was booked in January, 2015 and re-booked in March for lower cabin price. We had $200 OBC; 3rd and 4th sail Free; (Suite) gratuities for guest 1 & 2; $200 air fare credit (which we didn't use) & 7 day dining package (old one before ala Carte pricing started). The beverage package was part of the offers at that time, but POA received the AF Credit instead.

Punkincc is correct, there is no beverage package or in cabin bar setup sold on POA due to the Hawaiian laws. The ship never leaves Hawaiian waters, so the ship needs to follow the Hawaiian laws for alcohol, gambling and smoking!

They do offer a wine package the first day of the cruise, buy 5 bottles and get 6 or something like that. There are a few wineries in the islands and you could pick up a few bottles in the ABC stores pre cruise. Probably better and less expensive than buying wine on the ship, even taking into consideration the $15 corkage fees. We bought a bottle of the Pineapple Champagne at the winery near Mt Haleakala and took it back to the ship.

Edited by punkincc

Actually, when we booked our March 2016 cruise on the POA, there was absolutely nothing offered with the booking. So I thought the promos I saw recently looked pretty generous by comparison.

I guess this is such a popular itinerary that NCL does not feel there is generally any need to offer any promo enticement to book. So, if I saw promos offered, I'd go ahead and book as they are not common. You can always cancel and rebook before final if a better promo comes along.

For a brief time for our sailing they did have extra passengers free. I didn't see it advertised when we booked but our kids were free except for fees and soon after we booked (July 2015) I saw it free for extras for a few weeks. That was a nice perk for us.

for me the "best" is late booking price dump deals. :) They do happen occasionally. I don't care about where the cabin is, and am totally independent with my daily touring. Price is my only priority. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

I did take the hotel night it also includes transportation.

Although I would like to have upgraded to Ocean view but not possible.

Seems like not a bad deal Hawaii seems to have not many promos available and never beverage!

Can't wait for Hawaii!!!

Now to just decide if I want to go to Aulani for the whole week before cruise

or break up into more Waikiki and add on to that hotel night.

Or possibly a night on north shore.

Want to spend as little time in traffic as possible.

I might to Pearl Harbor on that free hotel night in Waikiki. But not sure how I would return car in Waikiki....don't want to go back to airport

Thanks

Kerri

In June 2015 I booked our upcoming November 2016 POA cruise. For $1299 plus tax per person we have:

• Oceanview cabin
  • 2 nights pre-cruise Honolulu hotel w/breakfast and wifi
  • Half day Honolulu city tour
  • Transfer from airport to hotel
  • Transfer from hotel to ship
  • $100 obc for the cabin
  • $100 shore excursion credit for the cabin
  • pre-paid gratuities for both of us

At the time I booked, just the cabin itself booked directly through NCL was $1559 per person plus tax.

I knew it was a good deal when I saw it and booked it immediately.

We originally booked our Dec 2015 cruise in January 2015. At the time there were no perks at all, and the promo was an OBC equal to 10% of your fare, not including taxes & fees.

We rebooked in February when the fare went down. We lost the 10% OBC, but added the old 7 night UDP as a promo and still got a $75 OBC.

Once NCL started doing the pick 2 perks, our fare never went down (actually went up) and the POA was never included in the promos.

Edited by tempus137