Iceland/Ireland on the Eclipse Review with Lots of Pics and Menus

MVPinBoynton

We have just published our recent review of our cruise to Iceland and Ireland on the Celebrity Eclipse on our website. In addition, there is a separate review of a pre-cruise land tour we took in beautiful Yorkshire, England. As usual, our reviews have lots of photos of the beautiful places we visited; as well as menu and food pics.

Iceland is an amazing place! It is so different from anywhere else we have been. We were so fortunate to find a cruise that spent four days in Iceland in three different ports. It allowed us to see so much of the beautiful country. Here are a few photos from the review.

IMG_4928.jpg

Dettifoss Waterfall

Iceland_i_IMG_8145.jpg

Geothermal area

IMG_5419.jpg

Beautiful terrain

IMG_6037.jpg

Gulfoss Waterfall

You can see the review on our website www.thepreismans.com. We hope it either brings back some fond memories of your Iceland/Ireland cruise or helps in planning your cruise to see a most beautiful part of the world. Enjoy!

Thank you. We are booked on this cruise next year and it also happens to be The President's Cruise, but we booked before they announced that. My son has always wanted me to take him to Iceland, now we are finally going.

That is great! You will love it. Be sure to book your Iceland excursions early if you are wanting private tours like we did. There aren't that many tour companies in some of the ports. I booked them well over a year in advance; and was glad I did.

That is great! You will love it. Be sure to book your Iceland excursions early if you are wanting private tours like we did. There aren't that many tour companies in some of the ports. I booked them well over a year in advance; and was glad I did.

We wanted to go this year. I wish we had. Seems like you had great weather. But when I went to go book the only cabins that held 3 were very expensive. So I waited until 2017 opened up for booking and booked that one.

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to do such a wonderful review.

We wanted to go this year. I wish we had. Seems like you had great weather. But when I went to go book the only cabins that held 3 were very expensive. So I waited until 2017 opened up for booking and booked that one.

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to do such a wonderful review.

We did luck out with having great weather and no rain for all of the pre cruise and all the cruise, until the last half of the last port day. I hope you have luck with the weather also. It makes such a difference having sunshine.:)

Another enjoyable review, thanks for posting. I have been reading some of your other reviews great detail in them, love the many photos.

Thanks so much. I hope I did your beautiful Northern Ireland justice with the pics. It is a gorgeous place.

Thank you for posting this! I feel that I know the two of you from reading all your wonderful reviews. We seem to share the same taste in destinations, so I often use your website as a sort of wishbook to see where I want to go next!

I notice that all your upcoming cruises are on Celebrity. For a while, it looked like you were making the leap to Oceania as your regular cruiseline. As someone who's often tempted by Oceania, especially by what I've heard about their food, I'm curious to hear more about your opinions of the two lines and what has brought you back to Celebrity.

Wonderful as always Sir! Allows us to fell like we were there with you!

EW

Thanks. It also helps us to relive our vacations. If we didn't put in so much detail, it would be lost in our memories so quickly. It always surprised me while doing the reviews, how much I had already forgotten about the vacation. I see a photo and the memory returns.

Thank you for posting this! I feel that I know the two of you from reading all your wonderful reviews. We seem to share the same taste in destinations, so I often use your website as a sort of wishbook to see where I want to go next!

I notice that all your upcoming cruises are on Celebrity. For a while, it looked like you were making the leap to Oceania as your regular cruiseline. As someone who's often tempted by Oceania, especially by what I've heard about their food, I'm curious to hear more about your opinions of the two lines and what has brought you back to Celebrity.

I am so glad our reviews have been helpful for you. We do enjoy helping others to have a better time on their vacations.

As far as Oceania goes, we do enjoy them; but their pricing is quite a bit more on most itineraries. We have tried to book lower category cabins and then get moved up to higher ones at a nominal cost closer to the cruise; which is quite common with O.

We started with O because X sold the Century, which we had booked with for our China/Japan cruise. O was the only one that had an itinerary similar to what they cancelled on us. In fact it was longer and better, so we were quite pleased. We booked some others with them that were priced somewhat reasonably; but we do like X's ships and pricing better. The newer O ships are larger and very nice and the food is very good. They also have some very nice itineraries. But the activities, entertainment and grossly overpriced excursions make O much less desirable. O does include a lot in their price; but we just can't justify taking as many cruises with them as we do with X.

I would recommend that you try a Caribbean cruise on the Rivera to see what they are like. The pricing in Nov and Dec is quite good at that time, just like other lines.

I have never given a thought to traveling to Iceland, but your review made everything jump off the pages. It is always nice to read such a wonderful and detailed review, especially with your many talents.

Kudos once again!

Many Thanks!

Edited by Lastdance

I have never given a thought to traveling to Iceland, but your review made everything jump off the pages. It is always nice to read such a wonderful and detailed review, especially with your many talents.

Kudos once again!

Many Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words. Iceland is certainly a place worth visiting. I am surprised that X is only going there once next year; and it is the President's Cruise.

Hello,

Always love reading your travel/cruise reviews on your website. I often refer back to them for pertinent information...and I also often refer other folks to them as well.

Thanks as always...Great job !

Iceland has always been on my "to-do" list...and now even more so !

BBL

Hi Mike, another fascinating and detailed account of your recent trip. We enjoyed Iceland last year on Eclipse when it was combined with the Faroe Islands and Norway, and we also wondered why this cruise is only offered once a year. Maybe is is not as profitable as the Baltic cruises which follow.

I am glad you had some sun for the England land trip, and am pleased to see you did not need to take the wheel on your travels around Yorkshire. ;)

Carry on travelling and reporting back!

Hi Mike, another fascinating and detailed account of your recent trip. We enjoyed Iceland last year on Eclipse when it was combined with the Faroe Islands and Norway, and we also wondered why this cruise is only offered once a year. Maybe is is not as profitable as the Baltic cruises which follow.

I am glad you had some sun for the England land trip, and am pleased to see you did not need to take the wheel on your travels around Yorkshire. ;)

Carry on travelling and reporting back!

LOL on taking the wheel. I am still trying to forget that exerience. :DThank goodness we had an awesome guide and chauffeur.

Thank you, once again, for posting your website that is filled with wonderful travels.

While I'll probably never get to Iceland, I am grateful for the chance to experience it thru your most excellent report.

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the review! I am still sorting my photos... Work always gets in the way ;)

I can, however, add some menus and food pix of BLU - most taken on this cruise.

See you on another cruise....

Oliver

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the review! I am still sorting my photos... Work always gets in the way ;)

I can, however, add some menus and food pix of BLU - most taken on this cruise.

See you on another cruise....

Oliver

Thanks for the link Oliver. We will be in Blu for the first time in October and this is most helpful.