Carnival La Romana port stop

marcyjane

Sorry to post here but have search the ports of call boards and can't find a lot about La Romana stop as what excursion with Carnival to take for 2 senior ladies. Thanks for any help you can give us. :)

We went to Taino Cave

http://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/la-romana-dominican-republic/taino-indian-cave-and-la-romana-428042

Bit of an incline and some stairs.

Loved the caves (we like 'tourist' caves). Didn't like the shopping stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are a senior couple and going to La Romano also. I crossed the caves off my list when it mentioned 140 steps into the cave. Was it really easy and not slippery or steep?

We are signed up for the Top Ten tour.

Sue & Dave

Stairs are steep by nature. Seemed to be a normal grade compared to US standards. Don't remember it being slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was in La Romana in April. There isn't much to do at the pier. We got off the ship and walked around the shops but were done with that in less than 45 minutes. We are mid-50s guys and didn't find much that interested us in the way of excursions. I did come close to booking a way to get to Altos de Chavon Village, which is the artist village mentioned above. Here's a link to Trip Advisors info about it.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147292-d149775-Reviews-Altos_de_Chavon_Village-La_Romana_La_Romana_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

When it came down to it, the artist village didn't sound like something that we wanted to do that day. So we spent the bulk of the day on the ship relaxing.

There is an artist colony there that was kind of interesting and easily gotten too via public bus for about 5 bucks each.

And most of the arts shops have really decent prices for really good stuff.

Sorry to post here but have search the ports of call boards and can't find a lot about La Romana stop as what excursion with Carnival to take for 2 senior ladies. Thanks for any help you can give us. :)

That port is a dump, stay on board.

I have to agree with Fla Senior and Riclop, enjoy the empty ship. We have been to LaRomana twice and both times we walked around the port area for 30 minutes and got back on board. Some of the Carnival excursions are way too expensive for my pocketbook and I didn't want to book an excursion to a replica of a village...if I wanted to see a replica I'd go to Epcot.

We took an inexpensive van ride (maybe $7 pp) to Altos de Chavon. Had a very expensive not so good lunch and just walked around some and took a few pics. Not much there that we found very interesting. If we ever go back to La Romana we will stay on the ship.