what was the best excursion you ever took through Carnival?

ontheweb

I think my absolute favorite was the Sharks and Rays in Belize. It was so cool to snorkel with the nurse sharks and sting rays. The small island we went to was beautiful, the people friendly, and our lunch was yum.

Probably the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel. It was a fun day!

That said, almost every private excursion I've gone on beats that. Snorkeling and sting rays in Grand Cayman (I think? Geeze, I am realizing I really don't remember for sure!) with a very small group stands out the best.

I've only booked one Carnival excursion, but it was the Half Moon Cay cabana. Our friends were with us, and they've done several other excursions. They, too, loved the cabana the best. We were just talking about it yesterday, by coincidence.

There are only about 20 cabanas on the beach, so you have to reserve far in advance or you'll never get one. But it was a simple way to have the most amazing beach day without worrying about chairs, or cover from the sun, or anything else. Just absolutely perfect. I think it was about $220, so divided up among four adults, it was quite reasonable. It came with floats and snorkel gear, snacks, water and soft drinks.

I would say my favorite was the Underground River with 5th Ave Shopping from Cozumel. The walk through the jungle to the caves, swimming in the dark, 2 cenotes underground for over an hour was absolutely a blast (we had to wear life vests, in case some people couldn't swim as water was over our heads most of the time). We loved it. Our guide was great and gave wonderful talks about the Mayan underworld, too. Then eating lunch in a dry cave, fantastic food, drive back to Playa del Carmen for an hour shopping before taking the ferry back to the cruise ship. GREAT day all in all. No complaints at all. Nothing we haven't seen before, but it was a nicely put together excursion and worth every penny for that reason.

my video:

there was a group traveling together on our tour and several of them were afraid of the water. Our guide was fantastic, and even let one lady lay on her back and float as he dragged here through the caves. No kidding, I hope she tipped him well.

Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat in St Thomas. It is like the Circle Line Beast/Shark jet boat ride here in NYC but like 10 times better. The jet boat in st thomas is soo much faster and can do crazy maneuvers that circle line does not do

Hey you stole mine. Loved this one.

Beach day and lunch on Jost Van Dyke was amazing. Breathtaking scenery, informative and fun boat ride, and Painkilers from The Soggy Dollar bar...what more can you say. It was like living in a Jimmy Buffet song. I wish that Carnival would start going back to Tortola again soon.

I don't remember the name of the tour but it was a day at a beach in Cozumel with food and drinks included. They played games, had all kinds of lounge chairs and water toys. The only problem was there had been a hurricane shortly before our stop and the water was real rocky at the beach. They had sand bags that you could walk out on to better area for swimming.

The worst one we ever took was on our first cruise. It was a bus tour of San Juan. We drove from the pier to the fort which closed a half hour after we got there. Then they took us for about a five block drive and dropped us off to shop. We could see the ship from where they dropped us off. Most of us just walked back to the ship. It was so bad that a group made up a skit about Rowena and her bus which was done to the tune from Gilligan's Island theme song.

Edited by RWolver672

On my very 1st cruise, Paradise 2003, I signed up for Shark Ray Alley in Belize. A speedboat met us at the ship (no tendering) and we went zooming off to San Pedro and Ambergris Cay, the isle Madonna sang about in Isla Bonita. We slowed down whenever dolphins or other wildlife were spotted so we could get pics.

We were probably in the water snorkeling on the reef for 2 hours with all kinds of fish, sting rays and nurse sharks, then we headed to a beach front restaurant for a wonderful local lunch. We had maybe an hour to roam around and shop in San Pedro before returning to the speedboat for our trip back through all the tiny islets to the Paradise.

I loved San Pedro with its dirt roads so much that I eventually returned for a weeks stay at a resort there. Today's Carnival excursions will only go as far as Caulker Cay and what they have labeled as "Shark Ray Alley", but that's not the best or the original off Ambergris.

Edited by evandbob

Land Rover jeep safari in Belize before they changed it. Got onto small from from the ship and went up the river to a cave spot, had lunch and drove back. A horse and colt jumped right in front of us and we had to swerve. Lots of mosquitoes but they don't bite me.

Just a few dollars for a great ride over to Klein Bonaire with great crew who stay with you. The best unspoiled snorkeling you will ever see. Easy drift float along a drop off descending to 5,200 feet! And after the crew offers you very nice rum punch !