Baked Alaska

Maybe I wasn't paying very much attention to the new American Table menu discussions and maybe I will sound like a total "overfed" by this post but my chubby little heart was crushed when I ordered Baked Alaska on Friday, the final night of our cruise, to learn that this is no longer a tradition and would not be served on Carnival anymore.

Our server said that even though guests keep asking for it there are no plans on it making a return anytime soon.

Princess still does a Baked Alaska parade on the light night of a a cruise. They use a little LED light on the top of it while the lights are turned down in the dining room.

I personally don't care for Baked Alaska, but they always serve me some anyway. Happy to hear it won't be pushed on me while on Carnival!

Aww..I'm sorry your chubby little heart was busted :(

My own chubby little heart feels the same way about bitter and blanc.

We will just have to soldier on I'm afraid. And learn how to make it ourselves :)

Aww..I'm sorry your chubby little heart was busted :(

My own chubby little heart feels the same way about bitter and blanc.

We will just have to soldier on I'm afraid. And learn how to make it ourselves :)

:eek:No Bitter and Blanc? Oh,no! Say it ain't so!:eek:

Bitter and Blanc is but once a week now. The last time I ordered two but they were horrible. Used to be my fav dessert. Sigh.

I have to agree - just off the Splendor which still has it on the menu. I had one - and meh...

I used to like it. I'm not sure if recipe changed or the outpouring of complaints here and my joy at getting something "special" made for too high expectations. Alas...it was just like most of the rest of Carnival's dessert offerings these days - meh.