Allure of the Seas Pre-Trip Report July 10, 2016

Hi again everyone!!! I thought you would like to see our family (also testing photo upload function :) )

So here we are in order of appearance, left to right....

13166126_10207932513138451_197535029918570176_n.jpg

Me, Jordan(DS), Allison (DD) and Lisa(DW)

Hi all....

Quick update....

On Monday afternoon I received a call from the nurse's office at DS's camp. He was in the Health Center most of the day sleeping there. He came there complaining of a stomach ache and nausea. They told us that he had a slight fever of 100.7.

I immediately called DW to inform her of the DS condition. She called the health center to get briefed on the situation. Later in the evening after coming home from work, DW called back to the health center.

Unfortunately DS fever had spiked at 103. "Umm, Houston we have a problem." The nurse was giving him some Tylenol to help with his fever.

Since we are about a one hour drive from DS camp, they recommended we come pick up DS and bring him home. So now my life started to flash in front of my eyes, most importantly the health of my son and also the fear that we would have to cancel our cruise.

Once we were in the car, DW called to speak with DS to inform him that we were coming to get him. He wanted to know why we were coming to get him. He felt fine other than having the fever.

Upon on arrival to camp, they advised us that the fever was breaking but we should keep him home for 24 hours and then bring him back so that he can enjoy the last 48 hours of camp with his friends.

I am happy to report that after sleeping in his own bed for a night, DS has been fever free and we will be taking him back to camp at 7:00AM this morning.

We have advised DS to drink a lot of fluids over the next two days because a little bit of a heat wave is about to hit the Middle Atlantic for the next several days. We reminded him that we are leaving on vacation for two weeks and that we do not want him sick for our trip.

I am hoping that we have dodged a major obstacle to our trip.

Fingers are crossed.

Hi all....

Quick update....

On Monday afternoon I received a call from the nurse's office at DS's camp. He was in the Health Center most of the day sleeping there. He came there complaining of a stomach ache and nausea. They told us that he had a slight fever of 100.7.

I immediately called DW to inform her of the DS condition. She called the health center to get briefed on the situation. Later in the evening after coming home from work, DW called back to the health center.

Unfortunately DS fever had spiked at 103. "Umm, Houston we have a problem." The nurse was giving him some Tylenol to help with his fever.

Since we are about a one hour drive from DS camp, they recommended we come pick up DS and bring him home. So now my life started to flash in front of my eyes, most importantly the health of my son and also the fear that we would have to cancel our cruise.

Once we were in the car, DW called to speak with DS to inform him that we were coming to get him. He wanted to know why we were coming to get him. He felt fine other than having the fever.

Upon on arrival to camp, they advised us that the fever was breaking but we should keep him home for 24 hours and then bring him back so that he can enjoy the last 48 hours of camp with his friends.

I am happy to report that after sleeping in his own bed for a night, DS has been fever free and we will be taking him back to camp at 7:00AM this morning.

We have advised DS to drink a lot of fluids over the next two days because a little bit of a heat wave is about to hit the Middle Atlantic for the next several days. We reminded him that we are leaving on vacation for two weeks and that we do not want him sick for our trip.

I am hoping that we have dodged a major obstacle to our trip.

Fingers are crossed.

If your son remains in good health and fever free until boarding day I would recommend caution when filling out the health questionnaire. If you mark yes to a fever you will be kept in the terminal until questioned by the ship's doctor or nurse. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend being deceitful but if he is fever free until then it will just result in an unnecessary delay in boarding. The screening is meant to find SICK people and protect the rest of the passengers. If your son has a fever again between now and Sunday mark "yes" on the form. Enjoy your cruise.

Had dinner with friends on Tuesday and we were actually talking about booking Adventure of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean for May of 2017.

I hope you didn't miss out, I was going to wait till getting on Oasis this spring to Nextcruise Adventure for around the same time, but when the prices came out they were insanely low. My cabin has doubled since then.

If your son remains in good health and fever free until boarding day I would recommend caution when filling out the health questionnaire. If you mark yes to a fever you will be kept in the terminal until questioned by the ship's doctor or nurse. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend being deceitful but if he is fever free until then it will just result in an unnecessary delay in boarding. The screening is meant to find SICK people and protect the rest of the passengers. If your son has a fever again between now and Sunday mark "yes" on the form. Enjoy your cruise.

Bob....Thanks for the heads up....that is the plan.....as my DW said...DS was probably dehydrated from having too much fun at camp and it caused this little issue. We have heard nothing since dropping him back off at camp yesterday morning and with the daily photo blog from camp, he appeared to be enjoying the pool with his friends during this typical east coast heat wave!!! :)

Last day of work and it just feels like the clock is moving backwards. DD keeps texting me wishing that her day at work was over.

Off to Target tonight for the last minute toiletries etc....so glad the Orioles are off tonight so that I won't want to stay home and watch the game rather than take care of the little things.

It has been quite some time since I have been this excited for a vacation.

Have to go into the office tomorrow AM real early (6:00AM) to take care of two things and then it will be off to pick up DS at camp.

I am not counting tomorrow as a work day so vacation starts in about 100 minutes. Tick Tock.....Tic Tock.....:)

Just about finished all of our packing now. Off to BWI airport at 8:00AM. I'll try to post update in the morning. Very excited for the start of our journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a safe, fun trip. I'll be following. We haven't been able to take our two children on a cruise yet. Our oldest works at Universal Orlando and hasn't been able to get vacation when we travel. Our son has autism and is 23. We are going to try a cruise with him on Harmony in September 2017.

Well.....we made it here to the Hilton Garden Inn Dania Beach. We took the local shuttle to Dave and Busters to meet my brother and his family for dinner. It was fun however the service was very slow. If you walked in after 8:00, they were charging a $10 cover charge because of UFC200. Luckily we were already in there with no cover.

We are booked on the 9:45AM shuttle to the pier. It is the first one that leaves the hotel. They asked us what time our arrival time given to us by RCCL. I said 12:30 and they said we should leave on a later shuttle. I told them that we can wait in the departure lounge. The woman looked at me like I had three eyes. We'll take our chances for the 9:45 shuttle.

Off to bed for an early gym workout at 7:00AM.

So much for sleeping until 7:00 this morning. Watched the Lady A arrive on webcam and was in the gym at 6:00AM. Now having a post-workout chill by the pool.ImageUploadedByForums1468147795.248455.jpg.f1a6fa6d441007656428c5838f85e7d0.jpg

We are allowing the DD and DS to sleep in until about 8:30 and we should be in the lobby by 9:30.

Stay tuned.

Edited by ravenrob

So much for sleeping until 7:00 this morning. Watched the Lady A arrive on webcam and was in the gym at 6:00AM.

What time did Allure arrive? I looked about 0540 and she was already at the dock. Would like to watch her come in at least once.

Well.....we made it here to the Hilton Garden Inn Dania Beach. We took the local shuttle to Dave and Busters to meet my brother and his family for dinner. It was fun however the service was very slow. If you walked in after 8:00, they were charging a $10 cover charge because of UFC200. Luckily we were already in there with no cover.

We are booked on the 9:45AM shuttle to the pier. It is the first one that leaves the hotel. They asked us what time our arrival time given to us by RCCL. I said 12:30 and they said we should leave on a later shuttle. I told them that we can wait in the departure lounge. The woman looked at me like I had three eyes. We'll take our chances for the 9:45 shuttle.

Off to bed for an early gym workout at 7:00AM.

Welcome to hot, hot, hot Florida! Don't worry about taking the early shuttle. We've never had a problem checking in as soon as we got to the pier and the registration area opens.

Have a fabulous vacation! I'll be following your adventures along the way. Bon voyage!:cool::)

So much for sleeping until 7:00 this morning. Watched the Lady A arrive on webcam and was in the gym at 6:00AM. Now having a post-workout chill by the pool.[ATTACH]389712[/ATTACH]

We are allowing the DD and DS to sleep in until about 8:30 and we should be in the lobby by 9:30.

Stay tuned.

Enjoy your cruise. I would not rush for that early shuttle. My last two cruises on the Allure they did not start boarding until 11:00 -11:15.

Enjoy your cruise. I would not rush for that early shuttle. My last two cruises on the Allure they did not start boarding until 11:00 -11:15.

No doubt we won't rush but I'm the OCD type and would rather be there then stuck in a mad rush!!!!

We are always in our taxi by 10 am to get to port. I'd rather wait at the terminal than the hotel. Always too excited that morning!

Enjoy your cruise! We went on the Oasis recently and loved it. Going on the Allure soon....have fun!