Laundry service on Oasis of the Seas

There is both "bag" and "item" laundry service. The bag is something like $30 and is for items like underwear, tshirts, shorts, etc. You have to pay per item if you have slacks, collared/button down shirts, etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this the same on ALL ships? We'll be on Radiance of the Seas very soon.

I was hoping to slip a few pair of jeans into those bags for $30. I figured it was cheaper than buying new jeans.:cool:

You will probably have to pay for jeans individually. Probably would be the cheapest way to go. Bags are not that big - similar to hotel-type laundry bags. They are meant for wash and wear items like underwear, socks, T-shirts. Washed in hot water and returned folded, but not pressed/ironed or on hangers.

You will probably have to pay for jeans individually. Probably would be the cheapest way to go. Bags are not that big - similar to hotel-type laundry bags. They are meant for wash and wear items like underwear, socks, T-shirts. Washed in hot water and returned folded, but not pressed/ironed or on hangers.

Thank you, I think we may be doing laundry after the land portion of our cruise tour, before we get on the boat then. Sounds a little too expensive otherwise. :o

Pay close attention to the turn around time for the "bag" special. I expected some underwear back sooner than it was and had to do some sink/shower laundry.

As I recall the turn around for the bag special is 48 hours, so don't expect it the next day.

As I recall I got mine in late on a Tuesday and didn't see it back until Thursday late.

Thank you, I think we may be doing laundry after the land portion of our cruise tour, before we get on the boat then. Sounds a little too expensive otherwise. :o

You might want to start a new thread with a title requesting current laundry prices. Sorry I don't have one, or a link. However, the per piece list isn't that bad compared to what I pay at home here - actually cheaper for some things, especially dry cleaning. If you just want a couple of pairs of pants washed it might work.

Really depends on your time limits, finding laundromat, transportation, etc. and on how much laundry you need to do.

You might want to start a new thread with a title requesting current laundry prices. Sorry I don't have one, or a link. However, the per piece list isn't that bad compared to what I pay at home here - actually cheaper for some things, especially dry cleaning. If you just want a couple of pairs of pants washed it might work.

Really depends on your time limits, finding laundromat, transportation, etc. and on how much laundry you need to do.

The RC site may be out of date, but this is what is posted there:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

And do NOT put jeans in that wash 'n' fold bag.

1. It will take up most of the space in the bag, preventing you from getting more of your other stuff washed.

2. They will accept your bag, then bill you separately for washing the jeans.

.......which they may wash with the rest of your stuff, in hot water, giving you BLUE everything else! :o

Edited by Merion_Mom

I just wonder why they don't state that they do jeans in the bag special. Hm.

I googled it just now and the prices don't seem too terrible. My bag is quite heavy. I'm going to try to wear my jeans two days in a row and have them washed during the cruise portion of the trip.

Funny thing is, they have a spot on there for men's jeans for $3.50, and none for women's jeans. Just "slacks", for $4. Very confusing.

I just wonder why they don't state that they do jeans in the bag special. Hm.

Sorry, I've read the posts here a few times and can't see where it says, or where you thought it says, that jeans ARE included in the bag special? They aren't and never were. Did you read it here somewhere?

On the outside of the bag or on an attached sheet of paper, it mentions what is included in the $30 bag special, and it is limited to certain items (pajamas, underwear, t-shirts, socks, and swim suits). As mentioned, everything else is charged out at current pricing.

Are you anticipating getting muddy on your cruise that you will need to launder your jeans? Sincerely asking - - we just re-wear them, even for Alaska. :)

Sorry, I've read the posts here a few times and can't see where it says, or where you thought it says, that jeans ARE included in the bag special? They aren't and never were. Did you read it here somewhere?

On the outside of the bag or on an attached sheet of paper, it mentions what is included in the $30 bag special, and it is limited to certain items (pajamas, underwear, t-shirts, socks, and swim suits). As mentioned, everything else is charged out at current pricing.

Are you anticipating getting muddy on your cruise that you will need to launder your jeans? Sincerely asking - - we just re-wear them, even for Alaska. :)

Yes indeed, at least I thought I read it on CC. I'm pretty new to cruising, and have only done one, and it wasn't RC. I happily did my own laundry on Carnival. ;)

Well, I'm not sure if I'll get muddy or not. I am hoping to meet the Mayor of Talkeetna, which happens to be a cat, so I'm anticipating a little cat hair perhaps. hahahaha

I think I'll be packing 7 pair of jeans for the 14 day tour, and just rolling with it. If I need anything laundered, I'll just pay it on the cruise. It really doesn't amount to all that much compared to the price of the cruise tour. :eek:

Yes indeed, at least I thought I read it on CC. I'm pretty new to cruising, and have only done one, and it wasn't RC. I happily did my own laundry on Carnival. ;)

Well, I'm not sure if I'll get muddy or not. I am hoping to meet the Mayor of Talkeetna, which happens to be a cat, so I'm anticipating a little cat hair perhaps. hahahaha

I think I'll be packing 7 pair of jeans for the 14 day tour, and just rolling with it. If I need anything laundered, I'll just pay it on the cruise. It really doesn't amount to all that much compared to the price of the cruise tour. :eek:

Not sure what cruise you are going on, but 7 pairs of jeans seems like a lot! Would put me over weight limits for flying easily considering the weight of jeans - plus the other clothes, shoes, etc.

I travel light and have them do a bag of laundry everyday. It's only about 20 dollars on average. To me it is worth the price to not have a stinky room and to have a lighter suitcase.

However, there are the typical problems of having someone else do laundry. Broken buttons, all whites looking bluish as they washed with my blue shorts, and permanent marker where they wrote on the tag and slipped off onto my shirt. It's hard to find good help, even at sea!