Neat Captain Kate story (developing . . .)

gjc1111

That put him in the tip pool? Maybe they should spend more time doing what the get paid for not the jobs of others.

That's exactly what the Captain was doing -- his job. They all are out and about the ship. It's nice to see them mingle with the crew and pax. It's all about exercising their people skills.

That's exactly what the Captain was doing -- his job. They all are out and about the ship. It's nice to see them mingle with the crew and pax. It's all about exercising their people skills.

His job is the safety of the crew and passengers, and to protect the assets of the company. I don't see captains of other lines mingling with the passengers and I don't see them running into the teeth of a storm or taking out docks in Alaska. I don't need any excuses, I've heard them all.

His job is the safety of the crew and passengers, and to protect the assets of the company. I don't see captains of other lines mingling with the passengers and I don't see them running into the teeth of a storm or taking out docks in Alaska. I don't need any excuses, I've heard them all.

Maybe you would feel more comfortable sailing with Costa and Carnival. :rolleyes:

Yeah, she's said that one quite a lot. Over and over... :rolleyes:

As someone who has done a lot of public presentations when you have an appropriate anecdote / joke / line that works well you do reuse it.

Yeah, she's said that one quite a lot. Over and over... :rolleyes:

As someone who has done a lot of public presentations when you have an appropriate anecdote / joke / line that works well you do reuse it.

Here's hoping she is transferred to Celebrity someday as the officers on X are much MUCH more personable there than on most other brands we have sailed.

I would enjoy sailing with her on the Summit if it didn't leave out of Bayonne.....the worst US port we have been to, twice and never again

I would enjoy sailing with her on the Summit if it didn't leave out of Bayonne.....the worst US port we have been to, twice and never again

We love Cape Liberty and have done 15 cruises out of there. The new terminal and parking garage make it even easier. Off the ship, get luggage through customs and in the car in 20 minutes. Since there is only one ship in port at a time you don't have the mass confusion like you do in FL or NYC ports.

Here's hoping she is transferred to Celebrity someday as the officers on X are much MUCH more personable there than on most other brands we have sailed.

Have you been there since the built the new terminal and parking garage? It's 100% improved, both embarkation and debarkation.

The only issue we had last week was all the construction and road detours once you got off Exit 14A and crossed the bridge. It was a real mess and had to be careful in following the signs to the cruise port.

The only issue we had last week was all the construction and road detours once you got off Exit 14A and crossed the bridge. It was a real mess and had to be careful in following the signs to the cruise port.

That's why we use Waze. We have cruised 3 times since the road detours started and it's been a big help.

So we haven't been able to coordinate the Skype call yet, but I just heard from my mom and Captain Kate is writing a personal note to my DS. Also, my folks have been invited to dine at the Captain's Table (not sure which night). If you ask her, my mom and the Captain are now BFFs. :D

She said they are being treated on board "like royalty". Not sure if it's related or not, but we just got free cabin upgrades for our trip in August from OV to balconies!

We love Cape Liberty and have done 15 cruises out of there. The new terminal and parking garage make it even easier. Off the ship, get luggage through customs and in the car in 20 minutes. Since there is only one ship in port at a time you don't have the mass confusion like you do in FL or NYC ports.

Only sailed once from Bayonne since the new terminal was finished, it it is a lot nicer than the old one with the bus ride, & anytime ypu don't have to fly is a good thing. Only having one ship in port is a blessing too.

[quote name='grandgeezer']His job is the safety of the crew and passengers, and to protect the assets of the company. I don't see captains of other lines mingling with the passengers and I don't see them running into the teeth of a storm or taking out docks in Alaska. I don't need any excuses, I've heard them all.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]Would you prefer that he had rammed the HAL ship instead? Seems to me the captain picked the least damaging alternative of two not good ones.

[/SIZE][/FONT]