Carnival What is Faster to the Fun?

marcyjane

What is the cost and is it worth it and do you get it when you book or after you book. Thanks

Hi there

MizLorinj pretty much summed up all the benefits included. Your checked bags are also supposed to arrive at your cabin sooner as well...but I wouldn't count on that always happening.

As Riclop said it is $60 per cabin. (not per person)

Whether it is worth it, is up to you. Some feel it is a waste of $60, while others feel it is invaluable.

It is offered as an " excursion ", you can purchase online from the Carnival site. If you do believe you are interested, you should act as soon as possible. There is limited availability and if it sells out, it may not become available again.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

You will be given opinions on how it is great, and how it is a scam to make more money.

Only you can decide if it's worth it for you.

You may get on the ship ahead of others by a good bit, or you may get on board 5 minutes before general boarding. However, your room is ready for you, which means you can drop your carryons off and not have to keep up with them while eating, etc. Also, your luggage should get to your room faster. Still would recommend keeping your swimsuit as a carry-on so you can get right on, go to your room and change before everyone gets to the pool.

We purchased it on this cruise for the first time. I don't want to be a pack-mule for everyone. Yes, $60. A drop in the bucket with the rest of the cost. To me I find value in it. Others may not.

I bet if you do a search for FTTF (there's a search function, believe it or not!) of this Carnival board, you'll find approximately 834 threads already dedicated to the discussion of FTTF. ;)

I personally wouldn't spend the money on it, but that's me.

What is faster to the fun? Thanks

Well it's like this. You pay $60.00 to Carnival and they give you a whole bunch of stuff, that cost them no money to provide. They receive 100% profit, and you get to jump to the front of the line, and get on a ship, only if you arrive early and about 15 minutes faster than others. You can also go to your room faster, and if all goes well, they deliver your bags faster.

Remember all these things will still happen but slight slower if you don't pay up.

The decision is yours, get things for free, or pay for free things.

The only time I use Faster to the Fun is if I am arriving at 1030 in the morning and only because I like my room to be ready so I can grab a bite to eat and take a nap before Muster

but if I am arriving after noon then I don't worry about it

I bet if you do a search for FTTF (there's a search function, believe it or not!) of this Carnival board, you'll find approximately 834 threads already dedicated to the discussion of FTTF. ;)

I personally wouldn't spend the money on it, but that's me.

How true. :D

This is the first cruise I bought FTTF and the reason I did is because I stood on a Guest Services line for over an hour last cruise because my son's card stopped working for no reason and then the next day noticed an unexplained charge to my account and let it go because I did not want to stand on line again listening to bitchy people complain that Carnival had the nerve to add gratuities to their bill.

Being able to drop off carryons for 4 people in the room vs. carrying them around for 2 hours and also being able to get our lunch and sit on my own extended balcony to eat was an added plus for me.

Thank you all for all your comments. I think I'll keep my 60.00 toward an excurison due to we don't ever have but my over the body bag/purse to carry on and luggage in the past has arrived in good time anyway. :D

Well it's like this. You pay $60.00 to Carnival and they give you a whole bunch of stuff, that cost them no money to provide. They receive 100% profit, and you get to jump to the front of the line, and get on a ship, only if you arrive early and about 15 minutes faster than others. You can also go to your room faster, and if all goes well, they deliver your bags faster.

Remember all these things will still happen but slight slower if you don't pay up.

You must have gone to bed early and woke up late because it took almost 12 hours for you to interject your standard jaded viewpoint.

You're definitely slipping and I'm disappointed.

I'm not reading whether you're a fan or not

It is the ability for me to pay $60 to be at the front of the line where I have always known I was meant to be. Right behind platinum of course and any wedding party that I cannot sabotage before they get to the port. I heard Alejandro talking to his buddies last night and he said he thought you looked really fat in your gown.

Everything you have said above is absolutely true, but I am afraid that Carnival has my number here. With my type A personality, as long as they sell a go to the front of the line pass, I am afraid they have me. To the point that if it is sold for my cruise and I cannot buy it, I have to cancel.

I know this is something I should try to overcome but, Shut up, they are boarding, get out of my way! Leave Grandma she is too slow!!

Edited by asalligo

Does FTTF cost Carnival anything? No. In that I agree. Should Carnival be vilified for offering it? No. I think it's a very smart business move on their part.

For me personally... I will get it everytime. I hate lines. I hate waiting. So removing that stress improves my vacation. I feel the price is fair and I can afford it.

Besides...the evil side in me loves the dirty looks when I walk up and get immediate service in front of folks who have waited in line for an hour. 😈

My last cruise was the first time I have ever purchased FTTF. What made me consider it was we were traveling with my 4 nephews. We had three rooms, two balconies which bought it, and then a suite which did not because they get most of the perks. However the main reason was 2 of our 4 ports were tender ports, and you get priority tendering after the carnival excursions get off. I plan all of my own excursions, so to me this was well worth it. Not to mention, we had issues with the boys SS cards, and I could walk right up and have them fixed. Which I do have to say, I think that was the first time that I actually had to go to guest services on any cruise.

To me it was worth it, to others it is not. There will always be that one Platinum person that whines because they earned their perks. Well FTTF can give you a few of their perks.

Also now where there is staggered check in, you can arrive anytime. So if there are nothing but late slots left, you can arrive as soon as they open (typically 10-10:30AM) and not be turned away.

For expedited luggage service you need to tell the porters to put the orange stickers on your tags or they will be delivered with everyone else's.

I LOVE FTTF! I would be very disappointed to cruise without these perks! Which do I like the most? ALL OF THEM! I especially love the cabin being ready when I board, as we always fly in the night before and stay near the port, so we will arrive at the ship by 10:30 to check in. Priority disembarkation is nice to avoid the long customs lines.

I have 4 cruises booked ... and after those, only one more to go before becoming PLATINUM then I wont have to worry about it.

I would much rather pay $60 to avoid waiting as much as possible. :)

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude