Price without anniversary sale

HELENPSL

We are booked on a 1 week Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We booked it under the anniversary sale giving us free hotel service charges and two $50 beverage cards. How can I find out the price of the cruise if we were not doing the anniversary sale? Is there a way to check it online?

Thanks,

Helen

Call whomever you booked it through. If you booked it online through HAL, call them. Ask for the fare (it will be the current fare) without the perks. The fare could have changed since you booked but if the current fare is lower, factoring in the cost of the perk, you could have it re-fared as you are outside of the penalty period.

Our current booking was much lower than the anniversary sale deal... said another way, we would have paid about $1000 for $600 worth of perks, pp! Crazy. m--

Call whomever you booked it through. If you booked it online through HAL, call them. Ask for the fare (it will be the current fare) without the perks. The fare could have changed since you booked but if the current fare is lower, factoring in the cost of the perk, you could have it re-fared as you are outside of the penalty period.

Our current booking was much lower than the anniversary sale deal... said another way, we would have paid about $1000 for $600 worth of perks, pp! Crazy. m--

The current cost of the cruise is $100 more than we paid. Because it's a short cruise it may well turn out to be a wash but I will email my PCC and see what she says. Thanks for the quick response.

Helen

I'm on the same cruise and am hoping that a better offer may come around before our final pay,net is due. I'd love if the Explore 4 package was offered again.

Sent an email to my PCC to ask about a price difference. Will let you know what she says.

Helen

The current cost of the cruise is $100 more than we paid. Because it's a short cruise it may well turn out to be a wash but I will email my PCC and see what she says. Thanks for the quick response.

Helen

Sounds like you got a good deal to start with! But I'd keep checking. I found a better price on a website and called my PCC and he got the price for us, said it was a limited inventory clearance promo. Saved about $425pp on that for our OV on a 48 night cruise. He re-fared it for us immediately, same room, same OBC. But you get nothing if you don't ask!!! And you have to some research too.

We've already had 1 price drop. I've also checked the big box guys online and they're higher with the anniversary sale. I just don't think there's a lot of wiggle room on the shorter cruises but I thought I would ask.

We are booked on a 1 week Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We booked it under the anniversary sale giving us free hotel service charges and two $50 beverage cards. How can I find out the price of the cruise if we were not doing the anniversary sale? Is there a way to check it online?

Thanks,

Helen

The only way I know for certain is to call whoever you booked with and ask them to check on it for you with HAL. Sometimes it is the same, but mostly it is alot less (without the promotion), so I would check. These promotions tend to be good for some people, but not so for others (for a variety of reasons). On our two upcoming cruises, on one the price was the same, so we had the Anniversary Sale added on (great deal). On the other cruise the price was ALOT higher than our fare, so we did not take it.

I have found that one of the popular TRAVEL websites (cannot mention name here) will often show different prices, so perhaps that could help you.

Before we booked a winter HAL Caribbean I did a mock booking not realizing there was an Anniversary Sale. The price was the same whether I clicked for the sale or not so in my case, at least, the gratuities and beverage cards were gravy. :)

When we booked our last cruise our travel agent looked out for us and found us the best deal. She compared the Anniversary sale price to a deal that was hooked to my husband's Mariner number. For our 39 day cruise we saved $4,000 for the two of us in an obstructed view cabin. Had she not checked we would have gone with the Anniversary Sale price and been way behind the game.

For the cruise we took last winter, our TA was able to get us a fabulous price if we were willing to go without Explore 4. Ex4 is not a big deal for us, so we took the low price.

For the cruise we're taking this fall, our TA checked with and without the Anniversary promo, and the "without" fare wasn't much lower than "with". I think with only the free gratuities, we were ahead of the "without" fare. OBC and bev card were above and beyond the price difference. (and she got us a good price, too)

It's crazy, you have to ask a lot of questions before you book.

Does anyone here remember the "old" (expensive) days when there were firm fares published in the brochures????

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Does anyone here remember the "old" (expensive) days when there were firm fares published in the brochures????

Yes, sure do. Long term memory sticks with you. (and that one is definitely "long term".) ;)

I just did a search on a site that one normally uses for car trips and found two prices; with and without the Anniversary Sale. The difference for a V category balcony was $461 CAD more using the Anniversary promo.

Taking into account the gratuities are $330 ($425 CAD) per cabin and there's a $100 ($128 CAD) beverage card included, it really is $92 less booking with the Anniversary promo. I like going in knowing our gratuities are paid - anything to reduce the sticker shock at the end is good. :p

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I just received a "private sale" promotion from HAL, so I looked up the deal online where it showed the private sale price AND the Anniversary Sale decal/box. So, I thought I could get both and called my PCC.

He tried to book it, but the system would not give him both as they have different promotion numbers and they are mutually exclusive. So, do not believe everything you see online about pricing!

HAL needs to get their system up to date.

I just received a "private sale" promotion from HAL, so I looked up the deal online where it showed the private sale price AND the Anniversary Sale decal/box. So, I thought I could get both and called my PCC.

He tried to book it, but the system would not give him both as they have different promotion numbers and they are mutually exclusive. So, do not believe everything you see online about pricing!

According to my TA, some promos can be booked through POLAR and others require a different system. Big PITA for her. Maybe HAL does it on purpose so that you can't grab both promos for one booking?

We also received a private sale. I had my TA call HAL but, like you, they wouldn't give us both. She gave us the cost comparison and it was more beneficial to keep the anniversary sale.

We also received a private sale. I had my TA call HAL but, like you, they wouldn't give us both. She gave us the cost comparison and it was more beneficial to keep the anniversary sale.

I looked at two very similar cruises on the private sale deal (leaving one day apart). One was better with the private sale, the other was better with the Anniversary Sale. Just shows that you really need to do your homework.

When my TA called to book our next cruise - with the Anniversary Sale - SHE had to tell the HAL agent on the other end what was included in the sale. :rolleyes:

They were going to book at the full price without her telling them we were due paid gratuities and the two $50 beverage cards for a total value of $350

I looked at two very similar cruises on the private sale deal (leaving one day apart). One was better with the private sale, the other was better with the Anniversary Sale. Just shows that you really need to do your homework.

Very true. We are very happy with the anniversary sale plus we booked while on board the NA so received more OBC. Add all that up as well as our stock credit I'm not sure how we will spend it all!

Very true. We are very happy with the anniversary sale plus we booked while on board the NA so received more OBC. Add all that up as well as our stock credit I'm not sure how we will spend it all!

How much OBC do you get for booking onboard? I'm looking ahead to a cruise next year and wondering if I should book now (not part of the Anniv promo) or wait until my fall cruise and book onboard.

How much OBC do you get for booking onboard? I'm looking ahead to a cruise next year and wondering if I should book now (not part of the Anniv promo) or wait until my fall cruise and book onboard.

The OBC you get for booking onboard varies by length of cruise and cabin category. I think it has changed recently, so now you also get double the old credit (we used to get this same amount by purchasing a Future Cruise Deposit and then taking advantage of the "thank you for sailing" email we received about 2-4 weeks after our sailing.

Anyway, with the double up option, you can get from $50 (per person) to $400. On our upcoming 10 day cruise in a Vista suite we will get $100 pp.

We got $400 per person plus our stock. Hotel service charge included so can't use it for that; 100 internet minutes per person, so can't use it for that; $50 beverage card per person. My husband doesn't drink and I don't drink "much" so hoping to use it for excursions maybe. Or if we meet a really nice couple on board will buy them some drinks! We have an active roll call so I'm sure somehow it will get used! :D

We got $400 per person plus our stock. Hotel service charge included so can't use it for that; 100 internet minutes per person, so can't use it for that; $50 beverage card per person. My husband doesn't drink and I don't drink "much" so hoping to use it for excursions maybe. Or if we meet a really nice couple on board will buy them some drinks! We have an active roll call so I'm sure somehow it will get used! :D

This sounds like the anniversary promo. Did they give you this for booking onboard?