Nba finals question

So I didn't think I would have this problem with the Warriors up 3-1 but somehow the Cavs tied it up. I hate the Warriors with a passion and have pretty much watched this entire nba playoffs as well so now I get to watch game 7 on my cruise, on a glorious sea day I might add. And I know the sportsbar will have it and maybe my room if it can keep reception as their satellites go in and out.

What I really want to know is will they show it on lido deck on the big screen? Because that would be fantastic. Does anybody have any experience cruising during nba finals and know if they show them on lido deck or am I stuck with the, sure to be crowded, sportsbar?

A few years back I was on the Victory when the Miami Heat were in the finals. They showed the game on the lido big screen. We were sailing out of Miami that year so not sure that had something to do with it. I'm sure someone who just got off a cruise can give you more updated info.

I'm not sure either... I asked a question about watching the MLB All-Star game though and a few people felt it was their place to judge what I was doing on my cruise. :rolleyes: Apparently, I wasn't supposed to want to do any of that, and miss anything to see. And if that's what I was concerned about, I should reconsider taking my cruise. Just saying... in case some feel like judging your decision as well. ;)

Back in '09, I got to watch the Monday night game, all 3 Thanksgiving NFL games and Sunday's games too. In '14, I cruised the Breeze and inquired if they'd show the Sunday NFL games on the lido screen. The entertainment rep told me that due to overwhelming complaints (primarily women) that they don't show them anymore on the big screen.

But, considering the impact and what's at stake for game 7 of the NBA final, I can't see why they wouldn't show it.

I'm not sure either... I asked a question about watching the MLB All-Star game though and a few people felt it was their place to judge what I was doing on my cruise. :rolleyes: Apparently, I wasn't supposed to want to do any of that, and miss anything to see. And if that's what I was concerned about, I should reconsider taking my cruise. Just saying... in case some feel like judging your decision as well. ;)

These same people know more about parenting than anyone else also.

A few years back I was on the Victory when the Miami Heat were in the finals. They showed the game on the lido big screen. We were sailing out of Miami that year so not sure that had something to do with it. I'm sure someone who just got off a cruise can give you more updated info.

Probably due to the fact that Arison owns the Heat and Chairman of the CCL board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So I didn't think I would have this problem with the Warriors up 3-1 but somehow the Cavs tied it up. I hate the Warriors with a passion and have pretty much watched this entire nba playoffs as well so now I get to watch game 7 on my cruise, on a glorious sea day I might add. And I know the sportsbar will have it and maybe my room if it can keep reception as their satellites go in and out.

What I really want to know is will they show it on lido deck on the big screen? Because that would be fantastic. Does anybody have any experience cruising during nba finals and know if they show them on lido deck or am I stuck with the, sure to be crowded, sportsbar?

I wouldn't assume anything anymore. I was under the impression all Carnival North American ships broadcast Miami stations these days, but I just got off Legend and NBC was the only local shown on the ship....no ABC and no CBS. I previously thought since the locals were broadcast by satellite all the locals would be carried by all Carnival ships, but that was not so last week. Much less knowing what will be shown on Lido big screen.... And the "local" NBC shown on Legend was not the Miami feed, but was the Virgin Islands feed.

Just a head's up, especially for sports fans.

I wouldn't assume anything anymore. I was under the impression all Carnival North American ships broadcast Miami stations these days, but I just got off Legend and NBC was the only local shown on the ship....no ABC and no CBS. I previously thought since the locals were broadcast by satellite all the locals would be carried by all Carnival ships, but that was not so last week. Much less knowing what will be shown on Lido big screen.... And the "local" NBC shown on Legend was not the Miami feed, but was the Virgin Islands feed.

Just a head's up, especially for sports fans.

My cruises on elation out of New Orleans have had Florida locals...may have been Miami. I didn't pay that close attention. I know we got CBS because I've watched big brother and survivor on the ship.

Edited by Saint Greg

Blazin. Have a great cruise... Go Cavs and this is going to be history!

If the Cavs win, the riots may be more interesting to watch. I'm not rooting for either side, and I'm not sure why anyone would HATE the Warriors or any sports team. Good thing the OP is on a cruise and won't be attending the game in person.:eek:

So an update on this, I'm on the Glory right now and they ARE showing it on the Lido big screen yay :D

The cruise director is from Cleveland as well so I'm not sure if that played a role or not but I'm happy about it.

why do you hate my Warriors so much?

are you from Cleveland

Or Houston

Or LA

If your from anywhere else I don't understand

GO WARRIORS

We just got off the breeze-- and game 5 and 6 were played when we were on board. They came on ABC so we could watch in stateroom. Several bars had the game playing-- but if there is a dive in movie scheduled for the big screen, I doubt they would show it up there. We had high hopes for these two games-- but no dice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Since these finals are rigged for the Cavs to win, I'd prefer to hang out and watch the sea go by with my cocktail in hand.

That's my kind of cruising! I live in Kaliforkneeya and don't follow any sports except for the Superbowl. It's a blast to be on a cruise with the Superbowl. Princess goes all out with a big spread of tailgate type of snacks. The waiters are every where bringing beer to the fans. It's usually held in a lounge. I'm looking for a cruise to Hawaii in January but may hold out for a cruise when the Superbowl is on.

Since these finals are rigged for the Cavs to win, I'd prefer to hang out and watch the sea go by with my cocktail in hand.

Haha. You must be Steph Curry's wife or mom. If they are rigged for Cavs to win let's keep it going. Go Cavs!

"Since these finals are rigged for the Cavs to win"

You can't be serious, what now conspiracy theories in the NBA? 82 games, 20 playoff games and this game is fixed, WOW dude. i would love to hear what Steph Curry would think of your wild accusation

"Since these finals are rigged for the Cavs to win"

You can't be serious, what now conspiracy theories in the NBA? 82 games, 20 playoff games and this game is fixed, WOW dude. i would love to hear what Steph Curry would think of your wild accusation

no rigged series

The better team will win tonight

Denile is not just a river in Egypt.

Edited by LuckyZ

Denile is not just a river in Egypt.

Denile What?????

I said the better team would win

The Cabs were the better team

Congrats

But since you are from Cini

I could trash talk about my 49ers and my SF Giants

But I will take the High Road;)