Platinum wash and fold question.

jayscore

I just don't understand why anyone has to do laundry on a 7 night cruise free or not.

I do all my cruises, even a 21 day B2B Glory Journeys cruise, with just one 21" carry on piece of luggage.

While I pack enough basic clothing in the 1 suitcase for the week, I like to come home with minimal laundry.

Open your mind, understanding will come. Glad to help you out.

Edited by evandbob

We typically send socks, underwear, shorts and tees that are ok to handle the extreme temperatures. Others have said they write on the bag cold water only but I don't know that those instructions are carried out.

No way would they do cold water only.

I do agree however a stranger at the past guest party accidently poured a glass of red wine on my sister's sequenced blouse and we sent it to be washed. It was hung to dry and returned on a separate hanger.

Perhaps this was a special case as damaged on board.

Normally nothing is put on hangers.

Wash and Fold only and on HOT.

I do all my cruises, even a 21 day B2B Glory Journeys cruise, with just one 21" carry on piece of luggage.

While I pack enough basic clothing in the 1 suitcase for the week, I like to come home with minimal laundry.

Open your mind, understanding will come. Glad to help you out.

Do we really care?:rolleyes:

It is clear I wasn't responding to you. "Best loyalty perk they have. We really miss it when we do Princess. " The comment could appear that Princess doesn't have any laundry perk. Not sure what your issue is, but it sounds like you aren't Elite on Princess, with the snarky comment. So what?

I just don't understand why anyone has to do laundry on a 7 night cruise free or not.

We travel with a carry on each because we have free laundry.

And we don't have to do the laundry. They do it for us. :D

So rest easy and don't worry about it. ;)

It is clear I wasn't responding to you. "Best loyalty perk they have. We really miss it when we do Princess. " The comment could appear that Princess doesn't have any laundry perk. Not sure what your issue is, but it sounds like you aren't Elite on Princess, with the snarky comment. So what?

I understood the comment to mean the that the poster doesn't have the laundry perk on Princess. No where did I read that Princess doesn't have a laundry perk.

I understood the comment to mean the that the poster doesn't have the laundry perk on Princess. No where did I read that Princess doesn't have a laundry perk.

I didn't assume anything. How do I know what tier they were. I've sailed with people, who didn't know all their benefits as well. Good grief. It was simply a notation and link to a list.

I didn't assume anything. How do I know what tier they were. I've sailed with people, who didn't know all their benefits as well. Good grief. It was simply a notation and link to a list.

They are Platinum on Carnival and were well aware that they do not have the perk on Princess. Providing just the link would have been helpful. The 'notation'? Not necessary. Maybe even snarky.

They are Platinum on Carnival and were well aware that they do not have the perk on Princess. Providing just the link would have been helpful. The 'notation'? Not necessary. Maybe even snarky.

Agree with you. The Princess comment sounded like a DYKWIA comment!

My last cruise in May, I sent my laundry out, and one of my tops came back ruined. It had bleach spots all over it. It was a multi colored top, shouuld never have been put in with whites.

I dont believe they separate white and other colors just lots of clothes in net bags. Suspect color ran on someone elses clothes.

Okay - I'm convinced and I am going to try packing 1/2 the clothes I normally do & use my laundry perk!! I don't have to fly, so weight is not an issue - but we do self-assist debark & even one large, heavy suitcase on wheels along with a carry on can be a pain.

It took me many cruises to figure out that no one notices what you are wearing (well, except those that comment on people not dressing up for formal night in MDR) and could care less if you wear the same thing twice.

On our last cruise another family member who isn't platinum used our bags to do laundry two times on an 8 day cruise. She was able to get everything in a carry on. I decided then that I'm going to see if I can do that this time. I still don't think I'll pull off the carry on, but even if I can get rid of the carry on and just use a small back pack with my one suitcase it will be a great help.

Okay - I'm convinced and I am going to try packing 1/2 the clothes I normally do & use my laundry perk!! I don't have to fly, so weight is not an issue - but we do self-assist debark & even one large, heavy suitcase on wheels along with a carry on can be a pain.

It took me many cruises to figure out that no one notices what you are wearing (well, except those that comment on people not dressing up for formal night in MDR) and could care less if you wear the same thing twice.

On our last cruise another family member who isn't platinum used our bags to do laundry two times on an 8 day cruise. She was able to get everything in a carry on. I decided then that I'm going to see if I can do that this time. I still don't think I'll pull off the carry on, but even if I can get rid of the carry on and just use a small back pack with my one suitcase it will be a great help.

welcome to platinum laundry:):)