Transportation from suburbs to Boston cruise port

Cruising out of Boston in August with my family, and will be staying pre/post-cruise with my family in the suburbs south of Boston. Can anyone recommend a good/affordable car or shuttle service, or are we better off parking at the port? Thanks for your advice!

Cruising out of Boston in August with my family, and will be staying pre/post-cruise with my family in the suburbs south of Boston. Can anyone recommend a good/affordable car or shuttle service, or are we better off parking at the port? Thanks for your advice!

What suburb? Parking is $140 for a 7 day cruise. It's going to be hard to book a car service round trip including tip for that price unless it's a very close in burb.

I live SW of the city and whenever cruising out of Boston, always park at Black Falcon. It's easy to access when I need to park in the seaport area, even when not on a cruise.

If the traffic is heavy when you are driving in, get off the expressway at Freeport Street, onto Columbia Rd., and follow the Blvd toward UMASS and JFK Library toward Day BLVD. Drive along the beach area to L Street, turn left and keep driving through South Boston neighborhoods. You'll cross Broadway and a few blocks ahead, you'll see your ship on your right, turn right into the port area; the EDIC parking garage will be on your left. Most of the lower level parking spaces are reserved, so keep circling and head toward the top or any area designated for cruise ship parking - plenty of space. MC & VISA are OK, Discover is not accepted.

Darcy

Thank you Darcy. I have saved that info in my special travel tips document. When is highway traffic heavy going to the port? I realize M-F rush-hours but what about other times? Any other tips? Coming in from Northwestern CT and am not fond of driving in Boston.

Thank you Darcy. I have saved that info in my special travel tips document. When is highway traffic heavy going to the port? I realize M-F rush-hours but what about other times? Any other tips? Coming in from Northwestern CT and am not fond of driving in Boston.

If you're coming from NW CT, you should be coming via I84 and the Mass Pike (I90), not via I95. Is that the case?

If you're coming from NW CT, you should be coming via I84 and the Mass Pike (I90), not via I95. Is that the case?

Traffic around Boston can be problematic most any time to day. DH frequently drives into the city and finds it best to both listen to WBZ on the 3's for traffic updates and keep an eye on his GPS traffic map. MA Tpke can also be crazy. Rush hour can start as early as 5:30AM and run through 10:ish, then starts again by 3:ish until about 7:30PM. One accident, and everyone has to stop and look, then there's the zipper lane change over. Lots of road and bridge work, too. Best to plan for traffic, leave plenty of time to reach the city.

Darcy