Hotel Suggestions for pre cruise out of Miami

shellysh

I would appreciate any suggestions for a hotel not too far from port. We will be arriving on a Fri. around 2PM and our cruise will be leaving Sat. morning.

Looking to spend no more than $220 total for the night.

What date? That makes a world of difference price wise in south Florida. Winter is high season while summer is low season and prices can double and triple between low season and high season.

Look at the Hampton Inn Brickell. ( downtown area) Join their honors club online and you might be able to catch their sale. Our room there was I think about $225 for mid Jan.

You might have to stay further away with that budget. Look at the airport chains in the blue lagoon area.

Scan these threads for other downtown choices if you want to be close to the port. Check YVE. Sometimes runs a little less for smaller rooms. It's across the street from the port.

I would appreciate any suggestions for a hotel not too far from port. We will be arriving on a Fri. around 2PM and our cruise will be leaving Sat. morning.

Looking to spend no more than $220 total for the night.

You can get the new Homewood Suites Brickell on last minute travel for $189.81 for the last 2 Friday nights of January. Urbano is at $195 and the YVE is $179.

Hampton Inn Brickell is $215 for an Honors member.

Arriving that early in the day I would stay downtown for sure - taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25-27+ an another $12+ taxi will get you to POM the next day.

In addition to the hotels suggested above I would also look at the Doubletree and next door Marriott as well as the Hyatt and Intercontinental. All of these hotels are close to drug stores for last minute shopping and local dining options. A few offer rooms with a view of the port - a great view to wake up to the day of your cruise! :)

Hello, does anyone know of any decent hotels that offer free parking by the Port of Miami? We are looking to stay in dec 2017 and I am finding that finding places that still offer this is getting hard. Also has anyone ever heard of the Element Hotel? it has a small amount of reviews on Trip Advisor, so I am wondering if anyone ever heard of this place or stayed there? Thanks

Hello, does anyone know of any decent hotels that offer free parking by the Port of Miami? We are looking to stay in dec 2017 and I am finding that finding places that still offer this is getting hard. Also has anyone ever heard of the Element Hotel? it has a small amount of reviews on Trip Advisor, so I am wondering if anyone ever heard of this place or stayed there? Thanks

None of the downtown hotels close to POM offers cruise parking deals; they charge guests $25-30+ per night for parking. Only hotels away from the port, most near the MIA airport, offer these deals. A couple of hotels in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites) usually offer these deals as do three budget options - La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center.

http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com are two sources you might explore.

None of these hotels includes transport back to your car after the cruise -- plan on spending $25-30 for a cab.

You might look at staying cheap outside of Miami (West Palm or north on 95 or even Orlando is only 3.5+ hours away) and then parking at POM.

Thank you very much for the information! is it worth finding a hotel that offers parking or paying the parking at the port? is the Miami port a complicated place? Thanks

Parking at POM is easy, covered, convenient and secure, but costs $20/day. Parking garages near each berth - drop your bags with the porters, park your car and your walk to check-in is about 100+ years. When you get off you'll be on the road before the cruise shuttle bus fills up.

I would stay somewhere cheap north of FLL (West Palm is about a 1/5+ hour drive to POM depending upon traffic) or even in Orlando (about a 3.5-4 hour drive) where there are 1000's of hotels in every price range and then park at POM.

Parking at POM is easy, covered, convenient and secure, but costs $20/day. Parking garages near each berth - drop your bags with the porters, park your car and your walk to check-in is about 100+ years. When you get off you'll be on the road before the cruise shuttle bus fills up.

I would stay somewhere cheap north of FLL (West Palm is about a 1/5+ hour drive to POM depending upon traffic) or even in Orlando (about a 3.5-4 hour drive) where there are 1000's of hotels in every price range and then park at POM.

LOL

If People had to walk "100+years" I don't think they would make it!

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before our cruise. It was great. No problems at all. About Last Minute Travel Club- be careful. I book and prepaid 2 rooms in March. 2 nights before the cruise I called the hotel to verify and was told that I had been cancelled. No notice and unable to tell me how or why. The money had been credited back to card. They did not call me back as requested until late the night before I was to be there and still no reason as to why I was cancelled and wouldn't honor the original rate. I ended up booking through the hotel directly, but spend a lot more money.

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before our cruise. It was great. No problems at all. About Last Minute Travel Club- be careful. I book and prepaid 2 rooms in March. 2 nights before the cruise I called the hotel to verify and was told that I had been cancelled. No notice and unable to tell me how or why. The money had been credited back to card. They did not call me back as requested until late the night before I was to be there and still no reason as to why I was cancelled and wouldn't honor the original rate. I ended up booking through the hotel directly, but spend a lot more money.

Always follow up a week or so after booking at ANY booking site and get a hotel confirmation number. Years ago after using another site, we had problems.

Your difficulties sound unusual. Did you talk to LMT or just the hotel? They should have been able to tell you the date it was canceled.

We have used LMT CLUB often and have never had a problem.

Another option is the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables which offers a park & cruise option with parking for up to 14 days and free shuttle for 2 to POM in the morning (additional pax are $10/pp for the shuttle). We are staying there in October 2016 for $175/nt

Arriving that early in the day I would stay downtown for sure - taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25-27+ an another $12+ taxi will get you to POM the next day.

In addition to the hotels suggested above I would also look at the Doubletree and next door Marriott as well as the Hyatt and Intercontinental. All of these hotels are close to drug stores for last minute shopping and local dining options. A few offer rooms with a view of the port - a great view to wake up to the day of your cruise! :)

Staying at the Intercontinental Miami. You mentioned that it's close to shopping, etc. Would the drug stores or some other place sell wine?:)

• 2 weeks later...