Separate onboard accounts?

Nhsaltshaker

Boarding the Star next year and was wondering if roommates can have separate onboard accounts. I can't find the answer on their website.

Thank you all for any guidance you can provide.

Once I shared a cabin with a relative & we had separate onboard accounts.

Boarding the Star next year and was wondering if roommates can have separate onboard accounts. I can't find the answer on their website.

Yes you can.

You will always have separate onboard accounts.

If you put them on the same credit card, then the balance on one account will be transferred to the other account (the account of the credit card "owner") at the end of the cruise. If you each put your account on your own credit card, then each account will be charged to its own credit card at the end of the cruise.

You can request a copy of your onboard account statement from the Passenger Services Desk or from the automatic machine at any time. They won't give you a copy of your cabinmate's account (or they're not supposed to) unless it is charged to your credit card. If you are the owner of the credit card, then you can get a copy of the other account.

If you have unused OBC on one account, it will be transferred to the other account only if it is on the same credit card. Otherwise it will be kept separate.

You need to be careful when booking shore excursions. If you are logged on to Cruise Personalizer and book shore excursions for both of you, then they will both be charged to the same account - the account of the person logged on. If you want to charge them individually, then you each need to book your own.

If you want to move a charge from one account to the other, you can do that at Passenger Services. Make sure to do this if one of you has unused nonrefundable OBC.

Everyone has a separate folio. Most though agree to have the changes put on one credit card but you can use a credit card for each of you. We have taken along our DS and his family and had certain charges to his folio moved to ours such as shore excursions that we were gifting to him. A trip to the pursar's desk is all it took to get that transaction completed. As long as they get paid, they will go along with most any reasonable request including accepting cash during the cruise to reduce what is owed at the end.

Everyone has a separate folio. Most though agree to have the changes put on one credit card but you can use a credit card for each of you. We have taken along our DS and his family and had certain charges to his folio moved to ours such as shore excursions that we were gifting to him. A trip to the pursar's desk is all it took to get that transaction completed. As long as they get paid, they will go along with most any reasonable request including accepting cash during the cruise to reduce what is owed at the end.

THANK YOU for confirming, and discreetly reminding me, that it will be possible to finalise my account on the Sunday morning, and place a calculated cash amount for Cocktails on the folio. I will know by Saturday evening what to allow for Cocktails on the final night, and I have the Soda and More Package so can enjoy Mocktails and Sodas with no worries about the costs.

Only the rash vest, sunscreen purchases, prescribed medication and On Board Purchases still to be organised now. I finish the Cruise Payments on 07/14/2016, ahead of my TA's requirement, but the regular payment would be too late, better to finish early! :cool: Eagerly counting down the days, and already have another cruise, depending on my tolerance of the ship's movement-uncertain footing has always stressed me out, so it will be interesting to see how I manage aboard. The Senior Travel Agent asked me if I knew about the Future Cruise Credit, I told her yes, and explained my planning with which she agreed.

I cruise with my sister. We have always had separate onboard accounts. One is aligned with her credit card and one is aligned with mine. Never been an issue at all. It's all set up in the personalizer.