Good Beach / Resort Day Pass ?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

I have stumbled upon a deal on the Empress of the Seas and a great sale on Spirit Airlines for flights. My grandmother has been wanting to go on another cruise for a while, and has not been able to go, so I want to possibly surprise her. She is 80 years old, and while she is still going strong physically, I know she doesn't do well in many travel situations and being an old woman, I don;t want someone to use that to their advantage. I would like to have a beach day when we call at GC. Do you know of any good beaches, or resorts with good day passes, that are good for moderate hassle/walking? I would prefer one with chairs and other amenities.

Thank you so much for any help in advance! :D

First, I'd ask her IF she wants to spend an entire day at a beach! Most older folks don't think that's a lot of fun.....so ask her! She may be more comfortable on the ship while you do a beach day.

That said, none of the beaches are far from the road...you can SEE the main route from the beach! There are chair/umbrella rentals all up and down the beach...I'm thinking we paid around $30 for 2 loungers and umbrella....give or take a few bucks.... We were at Seagrape, and there were restrooms, food/drink...everything you want.

First, I'd ask her IF she wants to spend an entire day at a beach! Most older folks don't think that's a lot of fun.....so ask her! She may be more comfortable on the ship while you do a beach day.

That said, none of the beaches are far from the road...you can SEE the main route from the beach! There are chair/umbrella rentals all up and down the beach...I'm thinking we paid around $30 for 2 loungers and umbrella....give or take a few bucks.... We were at Seagrape, and there were restrooms, food/drink...everything you want.

I called her, and she said she would love to spend the day at he beach. Quite frankly, she was literally laying on Rehobeth Beach when I called :)

Thank you!

Check out the websites for the popular spots, and go with the one that looks like it would suit your needs best. It's essentially the same beach, so you can't really go wrong with any of the common spots. (I'd stick with one of the beach clubs for a senior, though, due to the lack of restrooms at the other spots.)

Consider renting a car and driving to Rum Point. That would give you and your mon some very nice beach time in a bit quieter spot, with great food and the famous mudslide at the Wreck Bar & Grill. Picnic tables and lounges along the beach and clean changing/restrooms.You could rent a jet ski if you wanted to while mom relaxed under a nice palm. Easy drive and not that expensive, and you will find recent posts on how to get the car. Just adds a little tour of the island away from the busier SMB and might be more memorable.;)