Things to do in cozumel, belize city and roaton honduras

trannn21

Hello,

I was wondering if there were things that are must do's in these 3 locations.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find information about these port of call at the following CC threads:

Belize: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Cozumel: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Roatan: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I would also suggest locating the Roll Call for your cruise and join in. There will be other cruisers there on your itinerary with whom you can chat and have a chance to meet prior to your cruise. A lot can be gained from that as well. Here is the link to the Roll Call boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I was wondering if there were things that are must do's in these 3 locations.

Good Evening, I don't know when you are going however my family and I just returned Saturday from these ports of call. While we were in Belize we greatly enjoyed cave tubing. We purchased tickets prior to the cruise through cavetubing.com, the cost was $35/person (included guided tubing, transportation to and from the port, and lunch).

In Roatan we rented a car for $50 (the car fit 5) and drove to West Bay.

Have a great time.

In Cozumel I've been to Nachi Cocom a few times. All conclusive resort. Chairs and umbrellas. Servers will bring your cocktails to your chair on the beach. Large pool and a Jacuzzi. Food was good, great service and price. $55 for adults $35-$17 for children depending on age. Hope this helps. Do check out other threads and shop around. have a great cruise.

We did Nachi Cocom in Cozumel also. If a day of real beach rest with quiet surroundings then it would be a must for you. If you want more excitement and enjoy a little of a crowd then Mr. Sanchos is good also. BUT if you want beautiful and amazing beach then I recommend Little French Key in Roatan. they all have websites. Just know "must do" is different for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

In Belize, we snorkeled the barrier reef. It was beautiful. I would do this again in a minute.

In Cozumel, we usually do some kind of a beach party excursion. They are a lot of fun.

If you are going to venture out in Roatan, I would make sure you do it in an excursion. We just walked up the street outside the cruise port to see the straw market they had set up, and my DH and BIL felt the need to pay some boys "Protection" money. They called it a "Guide Fee." Either way, the big scary looking men standing on the side of the road, with their arms crossed, left us alone. :eek:

I love those ports of call!

In Belize we did the snorkeling, but next time I would love to try the cave tubing that has been mentioned.

In Roatan we did the zip lining, you'll find it right after you get off the ship past the port and the taxis. Then we had a taxi driver take us around the island, and to a beach.

In Cozumel we did the dolphin swim, but I also did the park Royal hotel once for the day we were able to use their pools, beach, etc and it included food and drink. We had some friends on the ship that rented a jeep for the day and drove around the island. They seemed to really enjoy their day as well!

Also as mentioned check the port of call boards you will find lots of information there! Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like we just did your same itinerary. In Roatan, we did the Jolly Rogers catamaran snorkeling excursion. Great boat, crew, food and drinks. One of the best excursions for snorkeling we've been on. The crew that went out divided the folks up into experts and beginners and stayed with them the entire time and pointed out some great sights. They gave everyone a bit of time to swim from the boat too. After everyone was back on the boat, they broke out the food. Chicken, red beans and rice, pasta salad, fruit and a few more things I can't remember. It was delicious and most everyone went back for seconds. They had plenty of soft drinks and rum. We had a great time. Booked this through the cruise line.

In Cozumel, we did the Cozumel Amazing Race. We've been to Cozumel several times so we wanted to do something different. If you aren't familiar with the TV series, it's a scanvenger hunt through the streets and neighborhood, figuring out clues with a map. It even includes going out on a boat and someone going down to see the clue on a boat underwater. The folks on the streets and in the shops were cheering the teams on as we came by and you get to see a lot of things in Cozumel you wouldn't see on the regular tours too. It starts at a church and ends up at a bar with everyone sweaty, exhausted and laughing and they start bringing you drinks (included) and then giving out the award to the winner before providing a taxi to take you back to the ship. It was honestly one of the best decision on a tour we've made in a long time.

You asked what are "must do's" and I would say 1. A beach day, preferably all inclusive, every trip I must have one relaxing beach day, so Little French Key in Roatan or Nachi Cocom in Cozumel are our favorites but you may want more excitement 2. Ruins somewhere, do research and pick what you think best fits you 3. An upbeat excursion in Cozumel, pub crawl, Amazing Race, city tour, Money Bar. 4. Reef Snorkeling trip at one of the three locations, many good tours in each spot. Can even combine with the beach day. 5. Some say cave tubing, never did that one yet.

There are more and obviously can't get all must do's done in one trip, but know we all have different likes so "must do" for me and you and anyone else is different.

For Isla Roatan- we've been there 3-4 times & booked a different tour with Victor Bodden. He has group tours, reasonable private tours & can customize to suit your needs.

Belize city is a tender port. It is about a 25-30 minute tender ride over. Here we did the cave tubing. On another trip, we did the ruins.

Cozumel is an easy do it yourself port. We just go into the cruise terminal area & take a taxi to town or join a group already formed.