No more breakfast for suites ?

barbeaujo

I have never heard of that online chat function on the website giving a good answer to anything. No one seems to know who is actually answering anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lol ... looks like it. I will never refer to that again. They should like that to CC :cool: The answers would be so much better !

We were on the Gem..end of May...with new menu...AND crab eggs benedict WAS on breakfast menu..

It is not on the new menu posted on this thread and other threads. The seafood entree seems to be similar but I will miss the previous version. I am surprised they would ever think about changing it, I always considered it their "signature dish".

Edited by DMH15

It is not on the new menu posted on this thread and other threads. The seafood entree seems to be similar but I will miss the previous version. I am surprised they would ever think about changing it, I always considered it their "signature dish".

Very confusing for sure....I specifically noted it was there...as it is DH's favorite and seafood one would not have been ok for him as he has shrimp allergy..

Very confusing for sure....I specifically noted it was there...as it is DH's favorite and seafood one would not have been ok for him as he has shrimp allergy..

We were on the Gem in April and there was no Crab Cake Eggs Benedict available, only the Seafood EB that does not cut it for me. I asked and was told no - they would not make it for me at all. This was at Moderno's suite breakfast. I don't know about the MDR.

Edited by peg013

Lol ... looks like it. I will never refer to that again. They should like that to CC :cool: The answers would be so much better !

Actually some of the chatters are on CC. A couple of years back I looked at becoming one of the "Kathys" ....you work from home and the money was ok since you could do it while you watch tv or something...but you had to type a certain speed without errors and I can't do that on my ipad and DH wouldn't give us his computer! LOL

This isn't going to help with the crabcake catastrophe but several years ago I asked for steak benedict...."oh sorry Sir John, we can't make that" hmmm, ok how about bringing me the steak and eggs then, "how would you like the eggs, Sir John?" ...poached please....oh and could I have some hollandaise? "Certainly Sir John". Here comes my plate and while server watches, I cut the steak in half, lift each poached egg off its respective muffin, place steak half, add egg, then pour hollandaise on top and say Voila - Steak Benedict! smiling, "very smart Sir John":rolleyes:

I recently booked an Alaskan cruise on the Zaandam and haven't had much researching time. We r in a suite. I have seen others talk about special privileges for suite Pax. Is the breakfast better choices in this dinning room or nicer room? Pleas explain it to me? And for early departure days, would this be the fastest way to eat and get off the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently booked an Alaskan cruise on the Zaandam and haven't had much researching time. We r in a suite. I have seen others talk about special privileges for suite Pax. Is the breakfast better choices in this dinning room or nicer room? Pleas explain it to me? And for early departure days, would this be the fastest way to eat and get off the ship?

You do realize you are on an NCL board, right? I can't comment on HAL but on NCL, Yes, the breakfast is better IMHO, more upscale dishes. The dining room is more intimate and there is more server to pax ratio than in the MDR. On NCL, many suite pax have it delivered to their suite. Not sure how HAL does it.

Really :-( Thanks for telling me before getting there. I was already planning to have breakfast on the balcony with that menu ! But when you kow what to expect, there can not be dissapointment :)

Per the letter for POA - in the third paragraph it says (in bold):

"As one of our very special Suite guests, you're also invited to enjoy an exclusive breakfast from 6:30am to 9:30am (8:30am Saturday) and lunch from 12 Noon to 2:00pm, served daily, in Cagney's Steakhouse Restaurant on Deck 6, aft on the ship. Cagney's Breakfast & Lunch are not available for Room Service."

Edited by dexddd

The seafood eggs benedict (served, I believe on brioche) was on the Breakaway last month (May) as well. People who tried it on the first morning of our cruise said it didn't seem to have any seafood in it - they were expecting chunks of crab and shrimp I believe. The sauce looked an unappealing color, so I never ordered it so I can't speak to how it tastes.

The seafood eggs benedict (served, I believe on brioche) was on the Breakaway last month (May) as well. People who tried it on the first morning of our cruise said it didn't seem to have any seafood in it - they were expecting chunks of crab and shrimp I believe. The sauce looked an unappealing color, so I never ordered it so I can't speak to how it tastes.

Just more evidence that the "NEW!" menus are no real improvement. I was not impressed with the food quality on this POA cruise. Thank goodness they did not mess with the Tahitian French Toast!

Barbeaujo, you can still have an excellent breakfast on your balcony. And the dinner menus from all the specialties are available for in room dining.

We were on the Pearl in April 2016 for the Panama cruise and we ate in Cagneys for lunch on the day we left port. For the rest of the cruise, we ate breakfast and lunch in Moderno which was right across the hall from Cagneys. On a side note, we were on the Pearl in 2014 where we ate both breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.

Sue

Just more evidence that the "NEW!" menus are no real improvement. I was not impressed with the food quality on this POA cruise. Thank goodness they did not mess with the Tahitian French Toast!

Barbeaujo, you can still have an excellent breakfast on your balcony. And the dinner menus from all the specialties are available for in room dining.

Yet I did love some of the new lunch entrées

Harriet

I've seen plenty of wrong answers on CC ....remember... not every person can answer every question...we all have different areas of knowledge..... not even people in the call center an NCL know ever single answer to every single question... people do their best to help..

We were on the Pearl in April 2016 for the Panama cruise and we ate in Cagneys for lunch on the day we left port. For the rest of the cruise, we ate breakfast and lunch in Moderno which was right across the hall from Cagneys. On a side note, we were on the Pearl in 2014 where we ate both breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.

Sue

When you were on the Pearl do you remember if they had the "new" Haven lunch and dinner menu ( as shown in post #19 above)...

Thanks

I've seen plenty of wrong answers on CC ....remember... not every person can answer every question...we all have different areas of knowledge..... not even people in the call center an NCL know ever single answer to every single question... people do their best to help..

The fact that the NCL call center so frequently gives out wrong information is pretty inexcusable. If they don't know the answer they should be trained where to look it up or to escalate it to a supervisor who does know the correct answer.

Per the letter for POA - in the third paragraph it says (in bold):

"As one of our very special Suite guests, you're also invited to enjoy an exclusive breakfast from 6:30am to 9:30am (8:30am Saturday) and lunch from 12 Noon to 2:00pm, served daily, in Cagney's Steakhouse Restaurant on Deck 6, aft on the ship. Cagney's Breakfast & Lunch are not available for Room Service."

Thank you for that !!:) Dont think we will be able to make lunch, but maybe the 2nd Kauai day... Menu looks delicious.

Thank you Brenda ! We were so not impressed either when we sailed her a few years ago. Dinning room food was served almost cold, we only had 2 teppanyaki reservation at that time. We ate sushi almost every night after giving dinning room a chance on 2 occasions. This time i took a 5 dinner meal plan, already booked the time and date, but no, I think that some of them might be Al Fresco option to enjoy on our balcony if we are too tired since they do serve those menu in room. Good thing to know.Thank you for your information. I have to pack now... leaving tuesday night !:D:D

• 3 months later...

We are leaving on the SUN in about 3 weeks & I was told Breakfast and Lunch will be in Moderno.

They used Moderno when we were on the Jewel.

Our other cruises have all had suite meals in Cagney's.

I will report back and maybe even take photos of the menus.

We don't return until Dec 7 - B2B South America.

Judy

We are leaving on the SUN in about 3 weeks & I was told Breakfast and Lunch will be in Moderno.

They used Moderno when we were on the Jewel.

Our other cruises have all had suite meals in Cagney's.

I will report back and maybe even take photos of the menus.

We don't return until Dec 7 - B2B South America.

Judy

On the Sun, Moderno is used for breakfast and lunch as an extension to the very small buffet. The suite breakfast and lunch was in La Cucina.

Have a great couple of cruises!

On the Sun, Moderno is used for breakfast and lunch as an extension to the very small buffet. The suite breakfast and lunch was in La Cucina.

Have a great couple of cruises!

The suite B & L on the Sun is excellent! The atmosphere is INCREDIBLE. Wonderful way to start the day.