No more breakfast for suites ?

barbeaujo

Hello,

Just contacted NCL via " chat " online on their website to verify that breakfast at Cagney was still a suite perks and was told it was no longer a thing ...

Then called customer service , was told it is still a thing but, they could not tell me where to find it written on their website so that i have it printed ...

Dont want to be disappointed as it is the main reason we upgraded to a PH from a balcony for cruise departing soon ...

I then taught that if someone does know and i would trust the answer, it would be someone here for sure :cool:

On my NCL Gem cruise on May 29th breakfast at Cagney's/Moderno's was still a perk.

You did !!! GREAT . So happy to read that . I will continue to try to find it somewhere on their website in writing !

thank you so much for your answer.

josee.

NCL is notorious for calling and getting different answers each time. If this perk were "no longer a thing" you can be sure we would have seen a major uproar about it on the boards.

I know right ! That's what i taught but , then why doesn't it say it anymore on the website . I hate confusion :confused:

I saw a review from someone that sailed POA in June and did have their breakfast at cagney . Ours will be a july cruise, hope it will still be there .

thank you for your response, have a great day

josee

they may have been talking about the newer ships that have a Haven restaurant so there is no breakfast in Cagneys on those ships. Also I think I read somewhere that on some of the ships they switched from Cagneys to Moderno for suite breakfast with no haven restaurant but not 100% sure. Maybe this was it

Recently on the Jewel Breakfast for suites was no longer available at Cagneys. It was at Moderno and much nicer layout because of the chilled buffet table.

Would you have the menu by any chance ? Or pictures ? Thank you for taking the time to answer :)

they may have been talking about the newer ships that have a Haven restaurant so there is no breakfast in Cagneys on those ships. Also I think I read somewhere that on some of the ships they switched from Cagneys to Moderno for suite breakfast with no haven restaurant but not 100% sure. Maybe this was it

OOOOhh this makes sense !!!! Thank you :D

Would you have the menu by any chance ? Or pictures ? Thank you for taking the time to answer :)

So it's the POA you are sailing on? Don't worry, Cagneys will be available for suite breakfast and lunches. We just sailed in March. I don't have the menu, but it is pretty standard on every ship ( I don't know if the Haven restaurants are different ). If you can find the Cagney's breakfast menu for any ship, it will be the same as the POA, although I think the menus did change somewhat in March so look at one as of March or later, if possible.

We also liked to eat in Moderno for breakfast. This is located aft of the main buffet area and is adjacent to the big aft facing covered deck with lots of nice tables for dining and general seating. They set up a very nice buffet, and there is a station for cooked to order. Very quiet and relaxing. Eat outside or in.

So it's the POA you are sailing on? Don't worry, Cagneys will be available for suite breakfast and lunches. We just sailed in March. I don't have the menu, but it is pretty standard on every ship ( I don't know if the Haven restaurants are different ). If you can find the Cagney's breakfast menu for any ship, it will be the same as the POA, although I think the menus did change somewhat in March so look at one as of March or later, if possible.

We also liked to eat in Moderno for breakfast. This is located aft of the main buffet area and is adjacent to the big aft facing covered deck with lots of nice tables for dining and general seating. They set up a very nice buffet, and there is a station for cooked to order. Very quiet and relaxing. Eat outside or in.

THANK you Brenda !!! Yes POA sailing july 2nd. Will try Moderno and think of you !

Both the Breakfast and Lunch Menus have been overhauled and they are absolutely great - much, much improved over what they had in the past! I think you will really enjoy the new options such as the Brie burger and veal at lunch.

As far as breakfast goes, there is still the buffet with fruit, yogurt, meats and cheeses and salmon and breads - nothing has changed there and then the menu has many of the old items and some new items such as a seafood Eggs Benedict.

They have also changed up the suite room service menu.

Both the Breakfast and Lunch Menus have been overhauled and they are absolutely great - much, much improved over what they had in the past! I think you will really enjoy the new options such as the Brie burger and veal at lunch.

As far as breakfast goes, there is still the buffet with fruit, yogurt, meats and cheeses and salmon and breads - nothing has changed there and then the menu has many of the old items and some new items such as a seafood Eggs Benedict.

Brie burger .. wow, this sounds good ! But usually we are always on shore for lunch so probably won't be able to try it. Hawaii is really port intensive for us compare to other itinerary. Thank you so much for those info ! I will for sure post pics, menu and all the info upon returning ! Would not want another " me " to stress over that like i did earlier today , lol. ;)

Seafood eggs benedict? Do they still offer the crab cake eggs Benedict?!?!:eek:

The one thing different with POA is they won't do Cagney's menu in your suite. There was some notation in the room about it. There is a sheet with room service options including breakfast items you can order but Cagneys is excluded on POA.

Hello,

Just contacted NCL via " chat " online on their website to verify that breakfast at Cagney was still a suite perks and was told it was no longer a thing ...

Then called customer service , was told it is still a thing but, they could not tell me where to find it written on their website so that i have it printed ...

Dont want to be disappointed as it is the main reason we upgraded to a PH from a balcony for cruise departing soon ...

I then taught that if someone does know and i would trust the answer, it would be someone here for sure :cool:

I have never heard of that online chat function on the website giving a good answer to anything. No one seems to know who is actually answering anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

See page 15 of your welcome aboard booklet

ncl.com/welcomesuites

THANK you so much ! I printed it out from your link since i am not sure where to find that booklet. I look online in my reservation but could not find it. Tried also to find it in my email but, no luck. I know i have seen this before, maybe when doing online check in ? Anyways, thanks a lot for that , it is now black on white printed :cool:

Josee

Edited by barbeaujo
remove signature

crab cake eggs Benedict are my favorite I hope they still have them too

We were on the Gem..end of May...with new menu...AND crab eggs benedict WAS on breakfast menu..

The one thing different with POA is they won't do Cagney's menu in your suite. There was some notation in the room about it. There is a sheet with room service options including breakfast items you can order but Cagneys is excluded on POA.

Really :-( Thanks for telling me before getting there. I was already planning to have breakfast on the balcony with that menu ! But when you kow what to expect, there can not be dissapointment :)