Miami airport check in?

pisces68

Has anyone used the Carnival cruise check in service at the Miami airport? I read that they have one at the airport and it makes it easier to 'check in'. I believe they give you your sign and sail card right then and there, etc. Just wondering everyone's opinions.

Has anyone used the Carnival cruise check in service at the Miami airport? I read that they have one at the airport and it makes it easier to 'check in'. I believe they give you your sign and sail card right then and there, etc. Just wondering everyone's opinions.
r

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing but we arrived around 3 PM last Thursday & the driver let us out where there 3 nice porters who took our luggage. We went in, got quickly scanned & took the escalator up to the desk where we got our cards & just walked on the ship.

Getting out was a long, hot process. If you are lucky enough that your luggage come in on A there is a line right there to wait in to get to customs. it was a lot shorter than for the B's & C's. We will do our best never to sail out of there again.

When I used the MIA airport check in, it was located right off the baggage carousels. They even had a priority line which I used to get my S&S card. Then once I got to the cruise pier, I proceeded to the VIFP lounge and waited for the 1st boarding to begin.

So I got off the plane, went to airport check in, got my S&S card, went to the pier, entered the lounge and relaxed until boarding began. Easy as pie.

We used the airport check in this past January, and it was a a pleasure to use. We arrived from Orlando at 830am, collected our luggage and were at the Carnival desk by 9am. There were 7 people on line. 5 on the regular line and 2 on the priority line. We jumped on the priority line and were through the check in in about 10 minutes. The desk is located in the baggage claim area at the far end on the right. They give you your sign and sail card at this desk. When we arrived at the port we had a short line to go through, took about 3 minutes (dont remember what for ) and on our way up to the lounge to await boarding.

Thanks everyone. Sounds perfect, just what I was hoping for. We too have Priority boarding so I'll look for that line as well. From there I'll just look for the carnival transfers to the pier. Thank you!

I can tell you I did not book my air with Carnival, I did it myself. I didn't see a spot on my online check in for this. I believe you just go there after you pick up your luggage and get checked in.

Never fly to Miami for my trips..

Do you have to book airfare with carnival with this

Is there a box with your online check in that lets them know you want your S and S at the airport Ty

no there is no box.

r

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing but we arrived around 3 PM last Thursday & the driver let us out where there 3 nice porters who took our luggage. We went in, got quickly scanned & took the escalator up to the desk where we got our cards & just walked on the ship.

Getting out was a long, hot process. If you are lucky enough that your luggage come in on A there is a line right there to wait in to get to customs. it was a lot shorter than for the B's & C's. We will do our best never to sail out of there again.

No, not the same thing. In Miami you can check in for your cruise at the airport when you get off the plane.

We used the airport check-in when we dropped off a rental car at the airport. It was really easy. There is a fantastic perk if you're not Platinum or higher or FTTF - airport check-ins are assigned to the first regular boarding group. (First after weddings, diamonds, etc) We were able to get on the ship before a lot of people who got to the pier before us.