Beware- sip and sale

twiggycat

We booked two Sip and Sail cruises during the promotion last year and I was given the drink package on one sailing and the OBC on the other because the drink package was supposedly sold out. The next day our friends booked the same cruises and got the drink package on both so I called back and they said there was availability again and switched me to the drink package. Sometimes it just depends on who you speak with and what day you call.

I booked under the Sip N Sail ...I would rather have the package than the OBC .....do I need to do anything or will it automatically be in effect ? I also have the comp restaurant so hopefully that will be in effect as well. Anyone who has booked under this program and can comment is very much appreciated !:)

Thanks ...looking at mine I don't see anything...it has the thing that offers me to buy it ahead of time .. I guess I need to check as I would hate to board the ship and not get what I paid for.

scroll down to the bottom of where it asks you to buy it and it will show it is comped

Go in to the Personalizer, click on Onboard Reservations and scroll right down to the bottom of that page.

Under Reservations and Purchases you should see the beverage packages listed for each person in the cabin, each noted as "Complimentary Gift".

We got in on the first Sip and Sale and that is exactly right. When I go to the planner it shows the price and then says "complimentary" and a $0.00 cost.

We wanted to do Regal a lot so getting the free pkg was a total added bonus!!:p

No it is not showing anything for mine. It is actually showing that I need to pay $1600.00 plus dollars for the beverages and I have yet to see anything for the Comp Specialty restaurant nor the OBC that I am to get . My agent said that Princess was having trouble with the website ...we shall see :mad:

No it is not showing anything for mine. It is actually showing that I need to pay $1600.00 plus dollars for the beverages and I have yet to see anything for the Comp Specialty restaurant nor the OBC that I am to get . My agent said that Princess was having trouble with the website ...we shall see :mad:

Did you look under onboard reservations in the personalizer? Once there scroll all the way to the bottom.

Thats where the comp beverage package is listed.

When is your cruise?

Not sure why you are so angry. :(

The Sip & Sail is a bait and switch deal.

I called my TA to get it added to our already booked cruise but the day of the sale our cabin category increased $400! Since we don't drink alcohol, we wanted the $300 OBC, but obviously it made no sense to add the promotion and lose money. Even with the value of the 2 specialty dinners, we'd still lose money. We kept things the way they were.

Such a scam! :mad:

Edited by Go-Bucks!

The Sip & Sail is a bait and switch deal.

I called my TA to get it added to our already booked cruise but the day of the sale our cabin category increased $400! Since we don't drink alcohol, we wanted the $300 OBC, but obviously it made no sense to add the promotion and lose money. Even with the value of the 2 specialty dinners, we'd still lose money. We kept things the way they were.

Such a scam! :mad:

I do not find it a scam. We have had our trip booked since February 2016 for a trip in 2017. My TA called Princess and they added OBC for us. We did not have to pay anything....have your TA call Princess bc you are already booked. I think you would still receive the sip & sail at no charge.

Ours was totally no charge up cost for our balcony room. Good Luck.

The Sip and Sail will be added at the current price. If the cruise price is the same there is no extra charge but if the cruise has gone up in price since you booked it, then the cruise price can go up. If the cruise price has gone down you will get the reduced price. How is this a scam?

Thanks everyone. Called back today and they changed it , no problem, no mention of " sold out".

Guess you have to call several times to get what they advertise.

Howdy Twiggycat, hope you are yours are doing well! We booked a 2017 North Cape / Fjords on the crown earlier this week and in speaking to the reservationist, she very, very quickly breezed over the "or state room credit". So fast, I didn't really catch it until we booked with the drinks package.

Thanks for this information, I will call back and hopefully have it changed. :)

HI Mermen

Was thinking about you the other day . All Good.

If you don't get what you want from Princess call back til you do.

We are doing Panama Canal in Oct.

Alaska in May.

Iceland in Sept. 2017.

Nice to hear from you.

Would love to do another cruise with you.

HI Mermen

Was thinking about you the other day . All Good.

If you don't get what you want from Princess call back til you do.

We are doing Panama Canal in Oct.

Alaska in May.

Iceland in Sept. 2017.

Nice to hear from you.

Would love to do another cruise with you.

We would as well. Was considering the Iceland too in 2017, may switch our booking...if any suites left! :)

The Sip and Sail will be added at the current price. If the cruise price is the same there is no extra charge but if the cruise has gone up in price since you booked it, then the cruise price can go up. If the cruise price has gone down you will get the reduced price. How is this a scam?

The scam is that Princess raised the price of our cabin THE DAY THE SALE STARTED!! And by $400, no less. How convenient that now it makes no sense to refare (what you have to do to get the Sip & Sail added to a current booking) and pay $400 more in order to get $300 OBC. I'd end up paying $100 extra - duh!!

I do have a TA and she's one of the ones who specializes in Princess. She said that they often do this ---> give "perks" for a sale, but raise the cruise prices in order to cover the cost of the perks, so in the end it's not really a deal for the passengers.

When I looked at the price of my cabin the day before the sale, it was the same price I booked it for, but by the next day when the sale started it had gone up $400. You're lucky if yours didn't go up and you got the Sip & Sail refare plus perks for nothing, but many of us did not.