Where do I find information on Princess website...

I am now seeing on my page that the OBC given by Princess listed before in US $ is now listed as AUD which is considerably less.

Princess booking $85 and Sip n Sail waiver $200 pp I

In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.

My TA did not point this out in all my emails and conversations on the phone.

I am looking for where that information might be on the Princess website.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by ISLABONITA

I am now seeing on my page that the OBC given by Princess listed before in US $ is now listed as AUD which is considerably less.

Princess booking $85 and Sip n Sail waiver $200 pp I

In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the mighty CC, I note your post No.1. You might need to ring Princess direct, but if you have booked with a TA, they might not want to talk to you, TA will have to talk to them on your behalf. After all they are getting a commission. One reason why I always book direct with Princess.

Edited by NSWP

Any help is appreciated.

It might just be a website error - they seem to have serious problems with USD vs AUD at Princess. I would phone your agent and confirm, then confirm it in writing and take a print out of any information on the cruise with you just to be sure!

Edited by mum and son

I see in my account it states $485 broken down per person in AUD

Credits are in AU Dollars (AUD)

I just sent my TA an email but I will be calling her.

I will call Princess too and ask about it without saying I have already booked.

Edited by ISLABONITA

Firstly, since you're in the US you will see different stuff on the Princess website than we do here in Australia. We don't get the Sip and Sail promotion for a starter so we can't really help you out with questions about that. :(

Secondly, since you're doing a cruise that departs and returns to Australia on Diamond, all the onboard costs will be in AUD. This thread, from the Princess forum, might answer some of your questions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2370912

However it appears that any OBC is credited in the currency onboard, NOT converted from USD, which is not great from your perspective.

Firstly, since you're in the US you will see different stuff on the Princess website than we do here in Australia. We don't get the Sip and Sail promotion for a starter so we can't really help you out with questions about that. :(

Secondly, since you're doing a cruise that departs and returns to Australia on Diamond, all the onboard costs will be in AUD. This thread, from the Princess forum, might answer some of your questions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2370912

However it appears that any OBC is credited in the currency onboard, NOT converted from USD, which is not great from your perspective.

thanks for the thread.. I will post results of my conversations tomorrow.

You need new glasses, Uncle Les. :p The OP has 1700+ posts on CC. :D

Oh dear, I am embarrassed beyond belief. I had better nick down to Spec Savers to procure a pair of 'Coca Cola glasses.? Any Senior Discount?

Apologies to all, including the OP.

Ahh! Don't laugh too hard, Mic. I have seen that happen before - mistaking the post number for the person's number of posts. I've nearly done it myself a couple of times. Brain frizz!

Yeah, and sometimes people lurk. That first post can be years after they joined CC.:D

thanks for the thread.. I will post results of my conversations tomorrow.

After 2 emails to my TA and her conversation with a manager on Princess and I with a conversation with a Princess agent it is what it is.. and the OBC will be given in AUD from Princess.. there is a small mention of it on their website for Australian cruises but not specific to the ship Diamond .

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Unless noted, onboard currency is in U.S. dollars. However, on select Australian-based itineraries, the onboard currency is in Australian dollars

Fortunately my TA will be sending me her agency's OBC in US funds post cruise.

Edited by ISLABONITA

Good to hear you got it sorted, even though it's not as advantageous financially as you'd hoped.

Originally Princess only had the three ships operating in Australia with AUD onboard cost - Sun, Sea and Dawn. As the market here has grown they've started bringing bigger ships in for our peak cruise season - Diamond, Golden, and Emerald arrives later this year - and those ships convert to AUD onboard costs when cruising out of Australia. However Princess were a bit slow updating their webpage which caused (still causes?) some confusion.

After 2 emails to my TA and her conversation with a manager on Princess and I with a conversation with a Princess agent it is what it is.. and the OBC will be given in AUD from Princess.. there is a small mention of it on their website for Australian cruises but not specific to the ship Diamond .

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Unless noted, onboard currency is in U.S. dollars. However, on select Australian-based itineraries, the onboard currency is in Australian dollars

Fortunately my TA will be sending me her agency's OBC in US funds post cruise.

A good result for you then, at least you do not miss out.