Norwegian Pearl—Alaska—June 19-26

Thank you so much for your answers! I truly appreciate it.

I'm sure we'll spend some time on our balconies--we have two connecting mini-suites (I understand that the divider cannot be removed, unfortunately), but one person with an inside room. Hopefully we can fit 3 on each balcony.

We will try deck 7 as well. Would love to get a few different perspectives.

Glad to know we will get off easily with our NCL excursion--that's, in part, why we paid a little more for this particular excursion and didn't go with a private vendor. Hoping we'll get the benefit of a small excursion (14 people) combined with not having to stress about whether we'll make it on time. Sorry to the previous poster who had a bad time disembarking! Sounds like my experience at 6 Flags yesterday (remind me never to go on a Sunday afternoon again!).

Terrific pics and info....you answered a lot of questions for future Pearl cruisers!

Thank you!

Wine question: you posted a wine list from O'Sheehan's. I assume the fleetwide list (many more options by the glass) is available elsewhere on the ship?

Wonderful review and thank you so much for sharing! I'm going on the Pearl July 24th with my wife and 2 other couples! Should be lots of fun :)

I love seeing the daily's to get an idea of what to expect...and am glad to see that many of the entertainment shows I had hoped for will likely happen again in about a month. We went on the Pearl back in January 2013 but at the time she was in the Caribbean, so looking forward to sailing on her out of my backyard here in Seattle to Alaska.

For the cruising the Glacier Bay day, what time do you recommend we get up to the Lido deck/12 area to take in the sights and sounds to hear the Rangers speak? We saved a little bit of $ and booked an Inside room, mainly because we are rarely in the room, lol. Thanks!

Wonderful review and thank you so much for sharing! I'm going on the Pearl July 24th with my wife and 2 other couples! Should be lots of fun :)

I love seeing the daily's to get an idea of what to expect...and am glad to see that many of the entertainment shows I had hoped for will likely happen again in about a month. We went on the Pearl back in January 2013 but at the time she was in the Caribbean, so looking forward to sailing on her out of my backyard here in Seattle to Alaska.

For the cruising the Glacier Bay day, what time do you recommend we get up to the Lido deck/12 area to take in the sights and sounds to hear the Rangers speak? We saved a little bit of $ and booked an Inside room, mainly because we are rarely in the room, lol. Thanks!

The ranger boarded at 7, I think. And that was the only morning I did the buffet and I believe it was around 9/9:30 that he started.

We are going into Seattle on Friday morning to use those two days ahead of the cruise to explore. We chose PanPacific. Most of the hotels in the summer months are very high. I would suggest you book well in advance of your 2017 cruise. We booked last September for this July and the price has only gone up since then.

I thought about it and I like the promenade deck (7) better for viewing. With the exception of the very front (which has no view but is walkable) you can walk completely around the ship and take photos. The railings are regular height with no plexi shields. And there are loungers available.

Where are you staying pre-cruise?

We're staying at the Quality Inn near the Space Needle. Since it's just a Quality Inn it's not the best option, but definitely not the worst. Price and location were right, and it has good enough reviews.

Not sure what that letter means and apparently I've been out of the loop. We are scheduled for an NCL excursion at Ketchican from 6:30 - 10:30am. Does that mean we get off when docked rather than tendering? My dh picked this crazy excursion and I'm wondering who the heck feels up to a crab feast at 9 in the morning, lol.....

Not sure what that letter means and apparently I've been out of the loop. We are scheduled for an NCL excursion at Ketchican from 6:30 - 10:30am. Does that mean we get off when docked rather than tendering? My dh picked this crazy excursion and I'm wondering who the heck feels up to a crab feast at 9 in the morning, lol.....

Several weeks ago a ship from another cruise line was attempting to dock in high wind conditions. She hit with such force that much of the pier fell into the water. The last estimate I as to the cost of the damage was 2 to 3 MILLION dollars. I would guess that it will take into next Alaskan season for all the repairs to be done. I so not know if it is still there or not but the was a picec of video of the accident on YouTube.

You will receive specific instructions from the ship's Shore Excursion personnel in regard to your tour.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for all the great information! I will be sailing on the Pearl on July 10. Just a couple of questions:

1. You said you did a taxi tour in Ketchikan. Was this something you booked in advance or can you just book one at the pier?
  2. I believe you said you checked your luggage at the pier. In another review, someone said they had to walk it through security themselves and lift it on the conveyor belts. I would want to have to do the latter! Is there a particular place one needs to be to check it through?

Thanks!

Answers are below.

Thanks for all the great information! I will be sailing on the Pearl on July 10. Just a couple of questions:

1. You said you did a taxi tour in Ketchikan. Was this something you booked in advance or can you just book one at the pier? This was just something i did at the pier. One cabbie told me $75 for an hour or $40 for 30 minutes.
  2. I believe you said you checked your luggage at the pier. In another review, someone said they had to walk it through security themselves and lift it on the conveyor belts. I would want to have to do the latter! Is there a particular place one needs to be to check it through? I used a porter that was walking the drop off lane. Or you can walk to the luggage drop off line.

Thanks!

We flew in 2 days early to enjoy Seattle. We stayed at the Thompson Seattle on 1st and Stewart. It was a short walk downhill to Pike Place Market, unfortunately it's a steep uphill walk.

Looking down Stewart into the market

0619160923_HDR_zpsa79otspb.jpg

We got in early, so they held our bags so we could grab some breakfast at Lowell's in the market.

View of the waterfront from Lowell's

0617161102_zpsshyspb5a.jpg

Came back around noon and was able to check in.

Room 905

0617161251_zpspui2flmv.jpg

0617161252_zpsu3llrv6e.jpg

Terrific pics and info....you answered a lot of questions for future Pearl cruisers!

Thank you!

Wine question: you posted a wine list from O'Sheehan's. I assume the fleetwide list (many more options by the glass) is available elsewhere on the ship?

yes, there was a wine list available at all restaurants. and it appeared to be the one that i saw on here.