Norwegian Pearl—Alaska—June 19-26

0625161738_zpsh2ekwxue.jpg

0625161827a_zpskssnoyhv.jpg

These next photos are courtesy of Orca Spirit Adventures. They have a wonderful crew who are excellent photographers, which came in great, as i was too busy trying not to be sick to take photos. One of the naturalists had just finished her masters in Marine Biology.

june-25th-evening-tour-18_27888807406_o_zpsr5aj0mw5.jpg

A humpback whale lunge feeding

june-25th-evening-tour-17_27821607782_o_zpso1cecqhh.jpg

june-25th-evening-tour-16_27644830250_o_zpsqqnggx3g.jpg

june-25th-evening-tour-15_27310139063_o_zpsllqksscj.jpg

Edited by gottacruisemore

How large was the boat that you went whale watching on? I keep debating about whether to do it in Juneau. Nice to know that it is also an option in Victoria. I had planned on just walking around there. Concerned about motion sickness in both places - not sure if one is preferable to the other.

How large was the boat that you went whale watching on? I keep debating about whether to do it in Juneau. Nice to know that it is also an option in Victoria. I had planned on just walking around there. Concerned about motion sickness in both places - not sure if one is preferable to the other.

I liked the one i did in Juneau it was private, so just the 6 people in my group, and you are not in open ocean. I was able to sit outside in a plastic chair and i never felt sick. I did take dramamine—the natural one, basically ginger—and had on seabands. The boat was the Buccaneer.

Binharbor_zpsvspzyggr.jpg

The NCL excursion was through Orca Spirit Adventures and it was a bigger boat. They had a diesel engine that gave off fumes and smoke that filled the upstairs interior cabin til people asked for the door to be shut. You could only stand on the outer deck and it did get congested. i took the same precautions as my other excursion but definitely felt motion sickness. However, the whales were way more active, but that's not a given.

Orca_Spirit_II_zpsqjbzogzh.jpg

These photos are breathtaking thank you so much for taking the time to share all of this information ! It is beyond helpful to all of us upcoming cruisers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You're welcome and hope you have a great trip!

Edited by gottacruisemore

Where was Traci's Crab Shack located? Thanks for the awesome pics and dailies! Leave in 32 days!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On the north end of the pier in Juneau. Depending on which dock, its usually to the left. BEST CRAB EVER!!!

Where was Traci's Crab Shack located? Thanks for the awesome pics and dailies! Leave in 32 days!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's located on the main drag, 406 S. Franklin, on the waterfront down a little street that looks like an alley or driveway. From the dock we were at it was a little pass the tram on the other side of some shops. So if you take the shuttle into town and face the water, the NCL dock is way down on your left (if it docks in the same spot) and the tram is literally right there on your right, walk in that direction either on the street side and once you pass the shops take a left at the driveway or the boardwalk side and take a right at the dead end.

i hope that makes sense. Check it out on google maps or ask anyone and they'll tell you.

Seriously this is one of the best reviews I've ever seen. THANK YOU for all the amazing pics! Makes me even more excited for my cruise on the Pearl next month!

Thanks. I just know the info I wanted to see before I left and tried to provide as much of that as I could.